What's new

Bygone Soaps

Phoenix artist Accoutrements

I am lucky to still have 2 tallow AOS sandalwood, Williams from Glastonbury, Tim’s soap Busta Blend, Icoloniali, Irish Moos stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tallow AOS (still a bit left here), Irisch Moos, I Coloniali, PP Trumper Sandalwood, the old C&E Sandalwood...wish I had a few of each.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

La Toja Manantiales

20201102_202951.jpg

Queen Charlotte Provence hard soap was my favorite scent ever. I would love to know what the EO blend was for that stuff. Amazing. The performance was excellent, too, but that scent...

I have two tubes of Sir Irisch Moos cream I picked up years ago at Pasteur's when I was in NY for work. I've never used them.

I still have some Strop Shoppe soaps with tallow (Baker Street and Alpine Frost). Still among my favorites. Also still have Queen Charlotte soap (Iced Key Lime) and Rose Otto (called a cream). Both are also excellent.
Strop_20201106_154117492.jpg
QCS_20201106_154123041.jpg

Last edited:
Mickey Lee Soapworks Drunken Goat - great performance, fantastic scent.

I'll also second the callouts for AoS Tallow, and vintage WMS.

Mickey Lee Soapworks "The Kraken". Great scent, great performance. I'm slowly using the last of my tub.
I loved the Kraken to, cool looking soap with the blue mixed in to. The only scent I ha e found similar and close in my opinion is Zingariman's The Wanderer, it's pretty close.

Mickey Lee Soapworks Drunken Goat - great performance, fantastic scent.
If you fancy “Drunken Goat” you may want to be on the lookout for these following 2 soaps because they both are cut from the same cloth. Unfortunately, one of them is not in stock now and the other is a “seasonal” blend. I just found and bought possibly the last seasonal tub of this style soap recently and also own the other vendor’s blend too.

All these soaps use premium ingredients “especially” Murphy & McNeil’s version.

- Murphy and McNeil Slainte: “St. James Gate” (seasonal - St. Patrick’s Day)
- CBL “Roasted Oatmeal Stout” (Premium Tallow & Tonsorial versions)
(add’l CBL soap versions created using regular Guinness instead of 200th anniversary Stout)

A soap in the same wheelhouse would be:

CBL “Harvest Oud” which is also out of stock and I own. The note(s) list drifts away from the previous versions but is based on “Guinness Stout & Hop Crazy IPA.”

Last edited:
If you fancy “Drunken Goat” you may want to be on the lookout for these following 2 soaps because they both are cut from the same cloth. Unfortunately, one of them is not in stock now and the other is a “seasonal” blend. I just found and bought possibly the last seasonal tub of this style soap recently and also own the other vendor’s blend too.

All these soaps use premium ingredients “especially” Murphy & McNeil’s version.

- Murphy and McNeil Slainte: “St. James Gate” (seasonal - St. Patrick’s Day)
- CBL “Roasted Oatmeal Stout” (Premium Tallow & Tonsorial versions)
(add’l CBL soap versions created using regular Guinness instead of 200th anniversary Stout)

A soap in the same wheelhouse would be:

CBL “Harvest Oud” which is also out of stock and I own. The note(s) list drifts away from the previous versions but is based on “Guinness Stout & Hop Crazy IPA.”

I already have the CBL Tonsorial Stout and it is a charmer, just slightly less complex than the Goat. I'll have to look into St. James Gate.

Top Bottom