What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 19th - October 25th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday Night

7DCDA80A-C1A8-48BD-A4F7-DE69311364A2.jpeg

SOTD October 23, 2020

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette 195 Adjustable "Fatboy" (F2 - 1960)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Date:- 23 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Rubie #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

A huge shout out to Jaco for the suprise mail call! Looks like i have some new stuff to review. 1x bundubeard Rooi Afrikaner (shave stick prototype)
1x feather carbon steel blade pack(seikans)
1x "mystery soap" but after using it for todays shave i can say it has a fantastic peppermint crisp scent and light menthol, and it lathers amazingly! It also includes colloidal silver in the mix.
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Friday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: Q Shave Futur Clone
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: WSP High Mountain White
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Alum/ Booster Mosswood
Balm: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel

Today's shave: 10/23/2020

Prep: Washed my hair in the sink and used dove creamsoap to wash my face
Pre Shave: Proraso the white one (lots of it)
Razor: Parker 24c
Blade: Lord platinum (5th shave)
Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown synthetic 26
Soap: Razorock XXX
Aftershave: Proraso lotion green
Rating : 8,5 /10

So my order from a greek store came in today. I received the parker 24c, the yaqi synthetic rainbow brown brush, lord platinum, dorco and kai blades and the Razorock xxx shaving soap. I also received an OSMA french alum block.

I washed and soaked my face with warm water and soap and then used pre shave. I proceeded to make lather using the yaqi brush and razorck soap. Easy foam production and tons of lather. It was my first time using an open comb razor and even though my blade was kinda old, i still had a close shave! I think the Parker 24c is aggressive enough but in the same time it's smooth and forgiving! Nice razor.

The brush was amazingly smooth and tender. I really liked it. Plus it is gorgeous looking. The soap provided a very nice and close shave with no irritations. Overall I am pleased with today's shave and I am looking forward to future shaves. I forgot to use the alum block, but i will use it next time.

Friday, 10/23:

20201023_095432.jpg

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Feather
Brush - Morris & Forndran Heritage II L7 28mm blonde badger
Cream - Art of Shaving Bourbon
A/S - Cremo Reserve

It felt great to get a shave in after going without yesterday. The Tatara was the perfect choice for it, smooth and efficient. The brush is a monster latherer, churning out tons, and the slickness was really good, allowing me to mow down two days' worth with ease. Finished up with the Cremo Reserve balm and then the cologne, which features a more pronounced citrus top note that I really enjoy. My face is super smooth, soft, and refreshed!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 23rd, Fri, 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic open comb buttonless
comparing two MMOC (2).jpg
-Mfg 1930-32 on this model until their double edge blade was introduced, 2nd Gen MMOC 1933-41! mid range (upper??), very nice razor with no blade overhang on all Gem razors!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable IMO.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities + good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi timber wolf whiskers knot 24 mm- excellent lather creator with some back bone with soft cloud like tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + /atg + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King louis lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC buttonless razor.

OCtober 23rd, Fri, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom