What's new

Frank Shaving synthetic G5 rumor

I've heard a rumor about Frank Shaving developing a G5 synthetic knot togther with BASF. Did anyone else heard about it? Any source ?

I have the G5 and in my opinion it is a step down from the G4. It is hard to load and has too much of a prickly feel to suit me. It isn't nearly as soft as the G4 or the Plissoft. I just don't care for it. If you would like to try one I have one I will send you for the cost of shipping and you can keep it. If you're interested send me your name and address in an email to [email protected]. You may love it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have the G5 and in my opinion it is a step down from the G4. It is hard to load and has too much of a prickly feel to suit me. It isn't nearly as soft as the G4 or the Plissoft. I just don't care for it. If you would like to try one I have one I will send you for the cost of shipping and you can keep it. If you're interested send me your name and address in an email to [email protected]. You may love it.
Great offer. And disappointing too. I’ll definitely wait for more reviews especially from our resident expert @nav
Also that handle looks terrible 😞
Upon closer inspection of that description the handle selection is random. That’s not appealing.
And it’s made in Japan or later it says China. It’s also new but a best seller.

Reactions: nav
Great offer. And disappointing too. I’ll definitely wait for more reviews especially from our resident expert @nav
Also that handle looks terrible 😞
Upon closer inspection of that description the handle selection is random. That’s not appealing.
And it’s made in Japan or later it says China. It’s also new but a best seller.

Unfortunately aliexpress is not shipping to where I live.
Once it opens up, I look forward to trying out the G5.

Their G4 is really a wonderful fibre and I regard it very highly.

I hope the G5 is more than just an anti-bacterial boss knot!

I know I said I'd do a review the day I got the G4 and G5 in the mail but it looks like I'm going to need some more time with the brushes as they're quite different from most synthetics. The G5 in particular is very unique and I'm still assessing how I feel about some of the changes. It's not just an upgraded G4. No they are going in a completely different direction.

Another early report I'd like to state is that the G5 produced pink lather the first time I used it due to some of the dye bleeding out. However it hasn't happened since.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I know I said I'd do a review the day I got the G4 and G5 in the mail but it looks like I'm going to need some more time with the brushes as they're quite different from most synthetics. The G5 in particular is very unique and I'm still assessing how I feel about some of the changes. It's not just an upgraded G4. No they are going in a completely different direction.

Another early report I'd like to state is that the G5 produced pink lather the first time I used it due to some of the dye bleeding out. However it hasn't happened since.
It’s not a boar 🐗 is it? 😹

It’s not a boar 🐗 is it? 😹
No, but it definitely has more in common with natural hair brushes than most synthetics in certain ways. Softness doesn't appear to be as highly prioritized as the G4 was. Not to imply that it's not soft because it is... Just not to the same extreme extent as most synthetics. A lot of people won't like this but I for one quite like it so far as I feel synths have actually become too soft. G5 feels more...."scritchy" is not the right word... more crisp.

Top Bottom