What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
in thick mm thick BLADE
0.00450” 0.114mm Gillette Nacet Stainless
0.00450” 0.114mm Shaverboy Super Stainless

0.00425” 0.108mm Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (0.089mm*)
0.00425” 0.108mm Lord Platinum

0.00410” 0.104mm Feather

0.00400” 0.102mm Astra Superior Stainless
0.00400” 0.102mm BIC Chrome Platinum
0.00400” 0.102mm Croma Diamant Stainless
0.00400” 0.102mm Derby Extra (pre 2016, current blade 0.089mm*)
0.00400” 0.102mm Gillette Sword
0.00400” 0.102mm Kai*
0.00400” 0.102mm Personna Med Prep
0.00400” 0.102mm Personna Platinum Chrome (Personna Red)
0.00400” 0.102mm Polsilver SI
0.00400” 0.102mm Rapira Platinum Lux
0.00400” 0.102mm Sharp Star
0.00400” 0.102mm Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium
0.00400” 0.102mm Vidyut Super Max Platinum
0.00400” 0.102mm Voskhod

0.00390” 0.099mm Bolzano Superinox
0.00390” 0.099mm Shark Super Chrome
0.00390” 0.099mm Treet Platinum Super Stainless

0.00375” 0.095mm Gillette New Improved Stainless
0.00375” 0.095mm Gillette Platinum
0.00375” 0.095mm Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus
0.00375” 0.095mm Trig Silver Edge
0.00375” 0.095mm Vidyut Super-Max
0.00375” 0.095mm Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless
0.00375” 0.095mm Zorrik Super Platinum

0.00350” 0.089mm Astra Superior Platinum
0.00350” 0.089mm Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge
0.00350” 0.089mm Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum
0.00350” 0.089mm Gillette Silver Blue
0.00350” 0.089mm Perma Sharp Stainless
0.00350” 0.089mm Sputnik
0.00350” 0.089mm Treet Platinum
0.00350” 0.089mm Wizamet Super Iridium

* Information from “DE Razor Blade Dimensions Table” in the ShaveWiki.

I also recently measured a vintage Gillette Blue Blade at 0.0065"

What would be the difference between 0.092 and most other blades? I.e. Is 0.092 a standard blade thickness or are other blades different thickness generally?
The "standard" is usually quoted as 0.1mm (0.004"), but that tends to be the maximum DE blade thickness these days with the majority in the 0.09mm range (and numerous others at less than that).

Check out the "Double-Edge (DE) Razor Blade Dimensions Table" in B&B's Wiki HERE.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
The pre-1982 Wizamets are really the creme de la creme.

Do you mean these? I was actually lucky enough to get my hands on two sleeves.

Wizamet Polsilver.jpg

Wizamet Polsilver-2.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Do you mean these? I was actually lucky enough to get my hands on two sleeves.

I would have to see the tuck to be sure, but I think those are either the brown tucks or the gold tuck polsilver. So far the best version of these polish blades (for me) has been this one.... super sharp, very smooth, and last about 30 shaves or more.

D39FBC1A-92C5-4D2E-A9D2-53292D3A8FB6.jpeg

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I would have to see the tuck to be sure, but I think those are either the brown tucks or the gold tuck polsilver. So far the best version of these polish blades (for me) has been this one.... super sharp, very smooth, and last about 30 shaves or more.

View attachment 1165570

I see... I've never seen these anywhere offered for sale. I guess they must be extremely rare.
I've seen two quite interesting pictures of different Polsilvers on some forum, take a look:

Wizamet Polsilver blades.jpg

Polsilver Blades.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I see... I've never seen these anywhere offered for sale. I guess they must be extremely rare.
I've seen two quite interesting pictures of different Polsilvers on some forum, take a look:

I think they are quite hard to find. I was able to find a half sleeve of 50 of these blades a while back for a reasonable price. So at 30 plus shaves per blade, I think I’m good on those for a while. Even so, I only break one out every so often for a treat. Great blades. Better than Spoilers, which I also love. Not quite as good or long lasting as the P74 though. Those things are magic.

The blades from the original post here are legit. Wizashave is a seller on ebay too. He has double listings. One for US buyers that ships from inside US and one for rest of the world. Current production blades. Just got 250 a while ago and they are legit. They are identical to polsilver. But I believe when P&G took over they didn't want to have different packaging for same blade. So they dropped the polsilver brand name.
Now that P&G owns them, they also have manufacture dates on the tucks.
To me they are identical to my polsilvers. Blades printing is identical too.
They moved production a years ago to russia, same factory as the russian gillettes are made for the polsilver and wizamet.

I have received the "new" Wizamets from Morocco, I shaved with one of them this morning and I can't distinguish them from the Polsilvers. Legit stuff.

Last edited:
The blades from the original post here are legit. Wizashave is a seller on ebay too. He has double listings. One for US buyers that ships from inside US and one for rest of the world. Current production blades. Just got 250 a while ago and they are legit. They are identical to polsilver. But I believe when P&G took over they didn't want to have different packaging for same blade. So they dropped the polsilver brand name.
Now that P&G owns them, they also have manufacture dates on the tucks.
To me they are identical to my polsilvers. Blades printing is identical too.
They moved production a years ago to russia, same factory as the russian gillettes are made for the polsilver and wizamet.
Further more... They've stop making the Polsilver 5 blade pack, because, they also knew these blades are very popular selling world wide.

So when P&G bought the factory in Russia, they wanted to sell more of the most popular blade world wide, so they've switch over to the Wizamet brand name to be able sell more blades in a 10 pack for a bit cheaper than the old 5 blade pack of Polsilver.

...So when P&G bought the factory in Russia, they wanted to sell more of the most popular blade world wide, so they've switch over to the Wizamet brand name to be able sell more blades in a 10 pack for a bit cheaper than the old 5 blade pack of Polsilver.
If the Wizamets are so popular worldwide, why are they only sold in a few places like North Africa? We have to buy them from the grey market. I am guessing Gillette considers their other blade offerings overlap with Wizamet?

If the Wizamets are so popular worldwide, why are they only sold in a few places like North Africa? We have to buy them from the grey market. I am guessing Gillette considers their other blade offerings overlap with Wizamet?
I have no idea, ask P&G they've bought the factory

From my understanding of the gents on here from the other countries where polsilver were sold, they were sold everywhere and very cheap. The common conception of everyone was that they were just a cheap blade.
And since they are identical to the wizamet since moving production to Russia from Poland, for some reason they chose polsilver to discontinue. Why they picked them I don't know. Maybe something to do with people thinking they were the "cheaper" (read less quality) than the wizamet.
I know that back when made in poland, the polsilver boxes said "polsilver--- made by Wizamet"

It's odd that this thread just ended in Oct. 2020 when it was going steadily since Sept. 2019. I didn't read back all the pages but was the consensus that Wizashave was the same person as the other eBayer someone in the beginning mentioned as well as domashop on eBay? IIRC the other ebay that wasn't Wizashave or Domashop was selling for less.

Last edited:
It's odd that this thread just ended in Oct. 2020 when it was going steadily since Sept. 2019. I didn't read back all the pages but was the consensus that Wizashave was the same person as the other eBayer someone in the beginning mentioned as well as domashop on eBay? IIRC the other ebay that wasn't Wizashave or Domashop was selling for less.

Wizashave is not dromashop. But Wizashave does sell on eBay. Thee used to be a 3rd ebay seller who was selling them for less, but he seems to be gone. I just noticed Dromashop has them for $45. That's about the best that can be achieved. A year ago, $40 was possible, or even high 30's if buying 500+, but right now $45 seems a good deal.

Yes, I believe Wizashave is not the same seller as Dromashop.

Dromashop is only selling via eBay, and it’s around 45 USD for 250 blades.
Wizashave is selling both on eBay and directly via his website, and it’s usually 50 USD for 250 blades, although he does have occasional discounts (eg 10% off for Black Friday, bringing it down to 45 USD).

There is also another website (wizablades.com), seems to be a different seller again, which has them for 40 USD for 250 blades, or 70 USD for 500 blades, although I’ve read some comments from people who had problems ordering from him, with long delays before the packages were dispatched, long time to answer emails, etc. Although that was a while ago, so maybe his service has improved... no idea...

All these sellers usually have free international shipping, but it does take a while as they’re all based in Morocco. Wizashave is the only one who also had some US stock and was able to ship from NY to US customers.

Yes, I believe Wizashave is not the same seller as Dromashop.

Dromashop is only selling via eBay, and it’s around 45 USD for 250 blades.
Wizashave is selling both on eBay and directly via his website, and it’s usually 50 USD for 250 blades, although he does have occasional discounts (eg 10% off for Black Friday, bringing it down to 45 USD).

There is also another website (wizablades.com), seems to be a different seller again, which has them for 40 USD for 250 blades, or 70 USD for 500 blades, although I’ve read some comments from people who had problems ordering from him, with long delays before the packages were dispatched, long time to answer emails, etc. Although that was a while ago, so maybe his service has improved... no idea...

All these sellers usually have free international shipping, but it does take a while as they’re all based in Morocco. Wizashave is the only one who also had some US stock and was able to ship from NY to US customers.
I tried to use PayPal @ Wizablades and PayPal wouldn’t process the order (send the $$$). It was apparently flagged as fraudulent. This was only a couple of months ago.

I tried to use PayPal @ Wizablades and PayPal wouldn’t process the order (send the $$$). It was apparently flagged as fraudulent. This was only a couple of months ago.

Interesting...
I remember reading on another forum a few months ago that quite a few people who had ordered from that website were getting really frustrated with shipping delays, lack of reply to some emails, etc, and were planning to put claims on PayPal and ask for their money back.
So maybe that’s why PayPal is not accepting transactions anymore...

Interesting...
I remember reading on another forum a few months ago that quite a few people who had ordered from that website were getting really frustrated with shipping delays, lack of reply to some emails, etc, and were planning to put claims on PayPal and ask for their money back.
So maybe that’s why PayPal is not accepting transactions anymore...
I feel sorry for them and doubt they will ever see their blades. Only time I have ever had PayPal block a transaction on me.

I ordered from Wizashave and it was a perfect transaction. From Morocco as I am in Canada.

Top Bottom