What's new

New Daily Driver suggestions

1. Haircut & Shave N075. Smooth and highly efficient.
2. Razorock CG .84. Id go for the OC. Youll be surprised how smooth and efficient it is. I did.
3. Rockwell 6s

I went from a Merkur 34c to a Blackland Blackbird and a Yates with m plate. Both are great performers, but looks goes to Blackbird hands down. Blackbird is just a tad more efficient while the Yates is a bit smoother. Both are very good daily drivers.

Reactions: AQU
7FA9A264-DC5C-432D-92A5-4F31115AC2DB.jpeg

Karve with plate B
Tatara Masamune, both cap and plate
Main advantage to both of them is very blade rigid desing, and you can tweak the aggression level with different plates, or even caps (Tatara).
I use one or another daily and I recommend both of then

Our tastes in razors appear similar. I also enjoy the combination of a ‘mild/moderate’ razor plus a sharp blade. In addition, I found the 34C very comfortable as a ‘daily driver.’

Since $ is not an issue, you might consider a Wolfman; the WR1 has become my personal favorite!!
:a29: :a29:

I have one of these that someone said looked like a merkur. It is a pretty food shaver and dirt cheap. Amazon I believe

Attachments

• razor.jpg
    razor.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 21
Envoy might be an aggressive choice if we consider that the REX Ambassador#3 is equal to Rex Envoy. Thus, I recommend Rex Ambassador a proper adjustable.
For the non adjustable I recommend GC68.
For mechanical adjustable I'll recommend 6C
For non-steel adjustable my reccomendation will be Progress

Brass Karve SB A or B plate
Timeless Ti .68SB
ATT Windsor SSM1 or SSR1
Schick Krona
Late 40's Gillette Aristrocrat
Gillette Slim

There's my $.02 worth similar to your Merkur 34C.

Do look into the Henson razor (medium) for $50. There's a lot of information on the Henson website that goes into the geometry of the head as well as blade gap and blade exposure.

85BFA97D-6ED3-44F7-9AD0-24BA42967771.jpeg

A third vote for the Yates. They’ll have stock soon. I’m finding the shaves pretty comparable to razors that cost 5x as much.

The Henson is also fantastic and half the price of the Yates, but made from aluminum. The razor has some magic in it though.

Both of these would be non-rigid designs that work better for my skin. I find that those that clamp the blade close to the edge like the Karve and WR2 end up leaving some irritation on my neck. Neither of the razors mentioned above give me any trouble on my neck.

Top Bottom