What's new

How much is too much?

I am glad I stocked up on ammo a few years ago when 9mm FMJ was 33 cents per round and 5.56 NATO was 50 cents per round. I bought it in case we were invaded by China or North Korea. Now the USA has become so divided politically, terriorism is more likely to come from within than without. I wonder if I might need to to defend my home and family from extremists on either side of the divide. I pray it does not come to that. I fear there will be violence, no matter who wins the election next month.

1.50 @ round for Tier 1 Hollowpoint
.35 @ round for brass cased FMJ

I would also offer that have a written plan when you go to the range 50 or 100 rounds that begins with a speed drill for time simulating an emergency presentation of the weapon i.e 3-5 rds on an 8 inch plate at 5 yrds, presenting from concealment with a big step off line. 1st round out in 2 secs max/cold/every time.

How bad do you want or need it? That will determine what's a fair price for YOU.

Do you have guns in other calibers? Might be easier to feed a different beast.

I've only been shooting 22s and shotguns---saving the good stuff(9mm and 5.56) for if its really needed.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
<sigh> It was only 9 months ago I was buying 9mm for $0.17/ round, 5.56 for $0.21/round, and 6.5CM for $1.14/round (except for the Remington Factory cast offs that my buddy was getting for me for $0.25/round). I miss those days.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
<sigh> It was only 9 months ago I was buying 9mm for $0.17/ round, 5.56 for $0.21/round, and 6.5CM for $1.14/round (except for the Remington Factory cast offs that my buddy was getting for me for $0.25/round). I miss those days.

+1 Just picked up a 500 round box of Winchester 62 Gr. green tips for $250. So that's .50 cents a round. Sucks.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
How much is too much?

Presently, so much that I am now contemplating throwing some primer bricks to the wolves ... i.e., Gunbroker

Just imagine (without politics!) a primer tax.

I like the idea of local trades - swap for 9mm, help out a fellow shooter at your range, etc.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Trust me, I have been actively involved in quite a bit of charity work with no small number of friends & family members.

Me, too! "Give until you can't give anymore."

Now I'm shooting 50-year old 7.62x25mm, reloads made with weird powder combos, cast slugs made of mystery metal stuff I find, etc.

AA

nikonNUT

Just imagine (without politics!) a primer tax.

I like the idea of local trades - swap for 9mm, help out a fellow shooter at your range, etc.

AA
I am doing just that. One of the barbers at my local shop just bought her first gun (S&W M&P 9mm) and was excited to tell me about it! I asked about ammo and she told me she only has 50 rounds of practice ammo. I'm gonna hook her up in trade for a bald fade. Keeping her shooting makes me happy (and is good for all of us!) and I'll come out the other end looking good! :lol:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I am doing just that. One of the barbers at my local shop just bought her first gun (S&W M&P 9mm) and was excited to tell me about it! I asked about ammo and she told me she only has 50 rounds of practice ammo. I'm gonna hook her up in trade for a bald fade. Keeping her shooting makes me happy (and is good for all of us!) and I'll come out the other end looking good! :lol:
Gotta ask, what is a " bald fade ".

nikonNUT

Gotta ask, what is a " bald fade ".
Think of the bald fade as a modern short back and sides. Fade is the word used to describe the seamless transition between shorter and slightly longer lengths of hair at the back and the sides of the head. In a regular fade, this might be from a grade two up to a grade five. However, in a bald fade, the hair will go right down to skin level.

aka High and Tight! :lol1:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Unfortunately I have never heard of a short back and sides either. I guess only folk that go to barber shops might know the lingo.

Sounds as difficult as trying to order a cup of coffee is a Charbucks.

Unfortunately I have never heard of a short back and sides either. I guess only folk that go to barber shops might know the lingo.

Sounds as difficult as trying to order a cup of coffee is a Charbucks.
Heck I go to a barbershop and have no idea what to call anything. I sit in the chair, BS with Jim about guns or music and and tell him to improve on what I brought him....

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Heck I go to a barbershop and have no idea what to call anything. I sit in the chair, BS with Jim about guns or music and and tell him to improve on what I brought him....
It's been about twenty or thirty years since I was in a barbershop but IIRC I didn't get to say much of anything last time.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I hope you report back on how it went with pics. Depending on how it goes, I am thinking about getting my wife the Micro 9.

She has been eyeing the Sig 938 for some time, because she likes the way a 1911 looks, She just doesn’t seem interested in putting in the extra training and dedication it would take to carry cocked and locked.

I think the Micro 9 is the better deal then a 938 right now and if it doesn’t work out for her, then I have my first and very own 1911.

Follow up report Rob, she has not shot it yet. Since this is a 1911 and she has no experience with that she opted for a private lesson. That will happen next weekend.

Top Bottom