What's new

Mach 3

Id say its because 3 blades is the most that you really need and that any more than 3 blades really doesn't shave any better or close and is just marketing.
IMO, Gillette perfected the cart with the Mach 3 and everything after that has just been marketing hype.

What do you shave with now, one might ask? You never seem to get around to answering that. And if not with a Mach 3, perhaps the best way to find out if "it's the best as far as modern day system razors" is to try one yourself, assuming you don't now use one, and then report back on your experience. If you use something else, perhaps someone here could give you a comparison, or perhaps you could tell us what you like or don't like about what you're currently doing, if anything. But frankly, you seem to only ask questions from my observations - frequently arcane in nature - and never provide any input about how you shave - or if you shave - or anything else that would give anyone the ability to give you any meaningful advice. If indeed that's what you are seeking. Or if you just intended to make conversation, or if you're on a quest for pure academic knowledge. Because there are a lot of people here with decades of experience of all types about all things shaving and even beyond that narrow topic, more than willing to provide advice and assistance, and frankly I've wondered what a 40 year-old man from New Zealand, as you've stated in your profile, is doing with the information and advice you've been given. And I'm certainly not trying to be contentious, but it's obscure, to me, from your multiple posts, what you are actually after, and if whatever it is has been provided, and if it has been useful to you. Rsvp.

Last edited:
What do you shave with now, one might ask? You never seem to get around to answering that. And if not with a Mach 3, perhaps the best way to find out if "it's the best as far as modern day system razors" is to try one yourself, assuming you don't now use one, and then report back on your experience. If you use something else, perhaps someone here could give you a comparison, or perhaps you could tell us what you like or don't like about what you're currently doing, if anything. But frankly, you seem to only ask questions from my observations - frequently arcane in nature - and never provide any input about how you shave - or if you shave - or anything else that would give anyone the ability to give you any meaningful advice. If indeed that's what you are seeking. Or if you just intended to make conversation, or if you're on a quest for pure academic knowledge. Because there are a lot of people here with decades of experience of all types about all things shaving and even beyond that narrow topic, more than willing to provide advice and assistance, and frankly I've wondered what a 40 year-old man from New Zealand, as you've stated in your profile, is doing with the information and advice you've been given. And I'm certainly not trying to be contentious, but it's obscure, to me, from your multiple posts, what you are actually after, and if whatever it is has been provided, and if it has been useful to you. Rsvp.
Well because for a long time i used an electric shaver and now im returning to blade shaving..... does this answer your question?

I was using an old remington shaver. Used the last time manual razor back in 99.

Assuming you were using a cartridge razor then, there have been some - minor - improvements in modern cartridges and you should get some valuable feedback here. As most will tell you, the only way to know if anything will work for you is to try it, and a Mach 3 isn't a bad cart to start with. DE and straight razors haven't changed significantly since they were first designed, the differences being mostly in materials and - somewhat - head design in the case of DEs, and again lots of feedback and opinions here. Whether vintage or modern, you still pretty much need to try something yourself to see if it works for you. Electrics have changed significantly in the last couple of decades, so if you were shaving with an old Remington foil (or rotary) a whole new world of electrics awaits. There's also a whole other Universe of software - soaps, creams, pre-shaves and aftershaves to try, and again a lot of experience here to help you with opinions, which, ultimately, you'll have to try yourself to see if a particular "thing," hardware or software, works for you. Good luck!

As of right now I love the quality of Mach3 blades, the durability of the blades (10+ shaves no question) & lastly the price! I find 3 blades is more than enough blades to shave a face comfortably. The Sensor Excel & SkinGuard are also fantastic modern cartridge systems that use only two blades, the pivoting on the SkinGuard is way more responsive & spring loaded when compared to the Mach3

Top Bottom