What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
If anyone with both top caps is willing to share pictures of both with a loaded blade from top, bottom, and front/level with safety bar? that would be awesome! And/or a side by side of each picture! Thanks so much! I may reach out to karve and see if they could send pictures too if no one is able to here. I will definitely share them if they do!

The blade is easy to remove from the wide body. As a head shaver, exposed tabs are a concern for me.
Once the top cap is loosened from the base, it doesn't retain its conformity to its clamped position in the razor.

If anyone with both top caps is willing to share pictures of both with a loaded blade from top, bottom, and front/level with safety bar? that would be awesome! And/or a side by side of each picture! Thanks so much! I may reach out to karve and see if they could send pictures too if no one is able to here. I will definitely share them if they do!
If I can remember, I'll try to take some when I next shave. I really like the wide cap.

I have both top caps, but use the wider almost exclusively. I enjoy covered tabs. They don't cut me, but they scratch the backs of my ears as I try and shave the mastoid area behind the ear. I'll try and remember to shoot some photos tonight.

I have both top caps, but use the wider almost exclusively. I enjoy covered tabs. They don't cut me, but they scratch the backs of my ears as I try and shave the mastoid area behind the ear. I'll try and remember to shoot some photos tonight.
Thanks so much!

Top views
20201015_102057.jpg

20201015_101912.jpg

Last edited:
All I know is both are great looking razor caps. I have the fat body cap (newer one) and don't have any issues with removing glue. I always put the adhesive side down, since I've always found it easier to remove it from the base plate instead of the cap. I have a slim (old style) cap in the mail since I got myself a charcoal goods maze brass handle and want to turn my karve into two razors. Either way the only real different I could see in actual usage is the new cap may be a little tougher to shave under the nose.

With the help I've received from on here, another forum, and direct from Karve. I've decided to order B, C, D open comb plates.

These should give me a bit of everything (with a milder R89 type shave with the B plate, the C been middle of the road in terms of efficiency and lastly the D been on the more efficient/aggressive side).

The plates are on route to me now, and from memory with the DHL international shipping Karve used on my last order, they should arrive in 3-4 days.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I have the Karve SB D plate, the OC C plate and the EJ DE89 and Muhle R89 razors. Although Karve claims the OC C is similar in aggressiveness to the SB D plate, I find the OC has more blade feel on the skin. I would think that the SB C plate and OC B plate would be pretty similar to the DE89/R89 head.

With the help I've received from on here, another forum, and direct from Karve. I've decided to order B, C, D open comb plates.

These should give me a bit of everything (with a milder R89 type shave with the B plate, the C been middle of the road in terms of efficiency and lastly the D been on the more efficient/aggressive side).

The plates are on route to me now, and from memory with the DHL international shipping Karve used on my last order, they should arrive in 3-4 days.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Good for you. Please let us know how these plates work out for you.

Have the B,C,D solid base plates and have gone from preferring the B to the C, and now most recently I have actually quite enjoyed using the D plate, I find I can get an equivalent shave in 2 passes instead of 3 with the C plate.

I'm tempted to try both the C and D open combs now.

Hi folks,

I have owned the brass Karve for a couple of years and have the B, C and D safety bar, and the C plate open comb.

For me, the OC beats the SB hands down. Closer, smoother shave with less irritation and leaves a very clean smooth skin feel.
Quite often with the SB plates, the shave is not that comfortable and the skin feel after is nowhere near as smooth and stubble free.

Have you guys found the OC plates better in the Karve?

Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom