What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap: Cella
Razor: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: 7 O'clock SS (4)
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Old Spice
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Forgot it was Clubman Friday :(

Had a great lather going so I couldn't resist an ATG pass which is rare. I had the balm out regardless because my face is starting to dry out with the cooler weather. Ended up with some weepers in the usual spots when I attempt this pass, but all and all, shave is close as heck and I don't feel too much discomfort. It will be a while until I attempt a BBS shave again but aside from the weepers, this was one of the better experiences I've had.

I still fail to see the point.

8/10. BBS.

Fri shave sink.jpg

Soap
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Formula
Brush
Yaqi 28 mm Syn.
Razor
Rockwell S, Plate 4
Blade
Personna Israeli Red
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & Clubman
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense

A great shave. 10/10

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Pre was hot water, as usual
Lather was TOBS sandalwood soap. I go back and forth between that and Pre de Provence. The PdP fluffs up a but more, but I get slightly better shaves with the TOBS. I used the Kent BK4. Although I hang onto the Crabtree & Evelyn badger it replaced to honor its 30+ years of service, I am functionally a one brush guy.
The main event featured a Crystal on day 17 in my sole razor, the EJ DE89. Three passes yielded a very comfortable and close shave, but the blade has begun to show its age. However, it is good enough to use again.
After a shower I splashed on 4711 cologne as my aftershave.

9/10

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober, Fri 9th,2020

Razor: Gillette old type with tech fat handle-MFG 1920's,upper mid range, this razor was very much enjoyed by previous owner-s? it has a very brassed top cap , it came from a person with minimum means is what I thought when I observed the handle how he jammed paper in around threaded insert and barrel area of handle . He must of had a very good hand technique to shave with a wobbly cracked round ball type handle. He had to squeeze handle and stroke at the same time to make it work.
Blade: Gillette silver blue:001_wub: (3) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth.
Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood(tobs)- very enjoyable scent with good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi dice, Tuxedo knot 26 mm syn- Excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips, newly purchased.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my well used Gillette Old type.(Can understand why previous owner liked this razor so much!)

OCtober 9th,Fri 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

OCtober, Fri 9th,2020

Razor: Gillette old type with tech fat handle-MFG 1920's,upper mid range, this razor was very much enjoyed by previous owner-s? it has a very brassed top cap , it came from a person with minimum means is what I thought when I observed the handle how he jammed paper in around threaded insert and barrel area of handle . He must of had a very good hand technique to shave with a wobbly cracked round ball type handle. He had to squeeze handle and stroke at the same time to make it work.
Blade: Gillette silver blue:001_wub: (3) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth.
Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood(tobs)- very enjoyable scent with good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi dice, Tuxedo knot 26 mm syn- Excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips, newly purchased.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my well used Gillette Old type.(Can understand why previous owner liked this razor so much!)

OCtober 9th,Fri 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!
Very nice!!!
I have a NEW SC with not brassed but coppered topcap. They bust have plated in copper first before the gold.
Still a great shaver!!!
16022553480587460792830360898689.jpg

Today’s shave- Friday, October 8th- 9+/10- DFS+, A surprisingly close two-pass shave!

Razor: Gem MMFW- only razor I've got on this trip
Blade: Gem PTFE (7)- blade seemed better than yesterday, but it did tug a bit going up my neck
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 1 Best
Soap: Arko Stick- lather must have been better than usual today, as the shave was better than expected
AS: Fine American Blend- I wish I had some Clubman for today Friday, but I haven't seen any yet in my travels while visiting in NY

Shave smooth and keep safe everyone!

PXL_20201009_144202867.jpg

Today’s shave- Friday, October 8th- 9+/10- DFS+, A surprisingly close two-pass shave!

Razor: Gem MMFW- only razor I've got on this trip
Blade: Gem PTFE (7)- blade seemed better than yesterday, but it did tug a bit going up my neck
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 1 Best
Soap: Arko Stick- lather must have been better than usual today, as the shave was better than expected
AS: Fine American Blend- I wish I had some Clubman for today Friday, but I haven't seen any yet in my travels while visiting in NY

Shave smooth and keep safe everyone!

View attachment 1166203
Yay for arko!!! Good stuff if hydrated right. When you think it's good, add a few more drops at least.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Facial Scrub
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion No.2
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- Bath House Cuban Cedar & Lime

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- L'Occitane Eau De Cedrat After Shave Cream Gel
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Wilkinson Sword Sticky
- Israeli Red (4)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
First time using Bath House shaving soap and had a very pleasant first shave. It lathered easily, has a very nice (but subtle) fragrance and has a nice post-shave feel on my skin. The only slight demerit for it first time round was a slight lack of slickness and residual slickness compared to some other soaps but I will still happily keep this one in my rotation. It also pairs up well the L'Occitane Eau De Cedrat with both having elements of citrus cedar notes to them.
As was the case with the Meißner soap, my new Mondial boar devoured the lather and I had to make more before my third pass 😂 . The Wilkinson Sword sticky seemed to give a closer shave today so I must have found the sweet spot for the angle on it.
Overall a pleasant, smooth, irritation free shave with no feedback from the Alum Block.

Razor: Gillette The New Short Comb
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten
PSX_20201008_082229.jpg

9.5 / 10

Razor: Merkur 34C
Preshave: Proraso green
Blade: GSB. Haven't used them in over a month figured it is time t try them again.
Cream: TOBS Lemon and Lime
Aftershave: Thayers rose witch hazel and then Saponificio Varesino Manna After Shave

No irritation for me today and that is what I always want. I don't care if I can still feel a little stubble under my neck.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Bowl/Scuttle: None
Brush: Omega 49
Soap/Cream:- Nivea blue tube
Razor/Blade:- K1 SS, Derby premium(6)
Post/After-shave: Stirling Sandpiper

8/10 For some reason the cream was being weird today. I think I had too much water and not enough cream and it wasn't as lush as usual. Sandpiper saved the day. It smells really really good.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Friday morning shave

Razor: Challenge Razor
Brush: Boar
Soap: Tabac

One of seven razors I purchased as practice razors to work on. Some cleaning (more required) and stropping and I had a very decent shave with it. A rainy early fall day in the coastal mountains heading into Thanksgiving weekend. I should have plenty of time to work on my acquisitions. Happy Friday!
6408F323-58FD-4A78-AE04-4BF46937B0A8.jpeg

8/10

Friday shave

Pre-shave: shower/ warm washcloth
Razor: British Tech w/El Capitan handle
Blade: Lord Platnium
Brush: Ever-Ready 200T re-knotted with a pure badger knot
Soap: PAA CaD
Bowl/Mug: Fleamarket find
Post Shave: Seabreeze wipe down followed by Nivea balm
AS: PAA CaD

So, after the last Lord blade seemed to give me a rough go on it's first shave, I binned it after the Wed shave, and unwrapped a new Lord and tried it with one of my British Techs.
I decided to try my new-to-me Ever-Ready 200T that I bought from JWCowboy, and that thing was scrubby! Not in a bad way at all. And it had no problem making a great lather with the CaD. For being a smaller knot, it is a bit of a lather hog, but that's okay.
So, after getting the lather on, I went to work, and this time around, the new Lord felt much better. None of the issues I had with my shave on Monday. I did re-open the nicks from Monday, but they just oozed a little.

Changed up my post shave routine a little, and wiped down with Seabreeze prior to using the Nivea post shave balm.
After cleaning everything up, I added a splash of CaD AS.

Another nice shave.
Today's shave get's a 9.0

2002-10-09.jpg

Last edited:
Fatip OC Mk2 frankenrazor (Fatikur George Jetson Edition)
BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Zenith B03-A26 boar brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Haslinger Schafmilch soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Proraso White balm

Good, close shave; accidental BBS

Fatikur George Jetson Edition = Fatip OC Mk2 base plate + Merkur 23c cap + WCS 84s SS handle. This is a surprisingly good and comfortable shaver.

Top Bottom