What's new

Gold dollar 66 golden wife

So I recently got a GD 66. Geound on it some. Sharped it up good. 3rd shave tonight. Quite pleased. Got a wild hair and tossed it to my wife. Well handed it to her. She shaved my neck line in the back. Said "this is kinda relaxing". First time she ever held one. Shaved my whole back clear to my waist line lol. Yes I am a slightly hairy man lol. I love that woman.

Lol. I always tell my wife, "I did not want another white girl. They are so plain and boring" lol. Sounds like filipinas are not?!? But I joke with her. Our life is far from boring.

Sounds great, but I wouldn't let any of my girlfriends near me with a straight razor. Filipinas can change in an instant!

Same with Latina women.

I've shaved my girls legs with a straight. I've let her shave my checks with a shock hydro 5 but no way I would let her use a straight on me. I dont think she would though even if I asked her to. I think she would be too afraid of cutting me accidentally.

Same with Latina women.

I've shaved my girls legs with a straight. I've let her shave my checks with a shock hydro 5 but no way I would let her use a straight on me. I dont think she would though even if I asked her to. I think she would be too afraid of cutting me accidentally.
I just let me fiance use a straight on my neck for the first time and she told me it was a dangerous thing to allow a Latina woman to do... 🤔

I just let me fiance use a straight on my neck for the first time and she told me it was a dangerous thing to allow a Latina woman to do... 🤔

I agree with her. I would be terrified that I had done something to **** my girl off and would learn about it on the way to the hospital to get stitches.

My brothers first wife (out of 6) was a Filipina. He woke up one night and she was standing over him with a butcher knife. That’s why there was a number 2.

Sounds exactly like what a Latina woman would do. And at one point one night she thought she saw me in another womans car and was pissed and yelling at me. Well when she went to the restroom I hid all my knives and that was the first time I didnt have my gun loaded and accessible. That night was also the first night my gun was locked up. Now I dont think she would ever do something like that but at the same time I dont want to find out if I'm right or wrong.

So I recently got a GD 66. Geound on it some. Sharped it up good. 3rd shave tonight. Quite pleased. Got a wild hair and tossed it to my wife. Well handed it to her. She shaved my neck line in the back. Said "this is kinda relaxing". First time she ever held one. Shaved my whole back clear to my waist line lol. Yes I am a slightly hairy man lol. I love that woman.

I have a GD 66 is there anything I should know or need to do to be able to get it honed and shave ready? Or is it good enough to just start on the 1k and go through the progression?

I've looked at my back in a mirror. I actually can see some skin through the fur. Alas God called for my wife way too early. I wouldn't mind asking a woman for help, a latina would be fine to me (being a Scandinavian I find them a bit exotic, vivid and often beautiful). Then again there's a bit of Catch 22 in the situation: How to meet a woman that will shave your back when your back is covered with fur? :em3400:

Sometimes my cub refers to me as Chewbacca.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have a GD 66 is there anything I should know or need to do to be able to get it honed and shave ready? Or is it good enough to just start on the 1k and go through the progression?
Like all factory-edge razors, the first thing to do is a Sharpie test to see how it all lines up (or doesn't). Then decide on your plan of attack. - or defense if your girlfriends are Filipina.

Study around here. On the web in general. Lots of advice and experience on GD66s. I am sharing my experience not as a guide or a how to, but just my experience. I am no honemeister. I only have 2 straights and have only been working with them since fathers day. I eventually intend to try the more in depth "method edge" and have even started gathering supplies to do so. I use info gathered, my general knowledge, and patience. I hope I do not get flamed. But here is how mine went.....
My GD66 seemed pretty stright. I ground the stabilizers down slow and gentle with a "dremel" and water to keep it cool. I honed it "fairly aggressively" on my 5000 grit artificial stone. I then honed it fairly lightly on the 5000. Then very lightly on the 5000. Then I went to 10000 artificial and went fairly lightly then very lightly. Then stroped on leather. Was not quite where I wanted it so started back on the 5000 fairly lightly and went through the process again. It passes the tree top test fairly well and shaves, to my limited experience with straights, quite well. I have a tuff beard and sensitive neck so to get a good shave, I believe it to be sharp. If I had shaved with a "method edge" or honemeister edge i might have a different opinion. But for me, for this point in time, it shaves quite well. From what I have read they are not all created equal and may need more work than mine did.
Good luck and have fun making it your own. It is quite satisfying.

I've looked at my back in a mirror. I actually can see some skin through the fur. Alas God called for my wife way too early. I wouldn't mind asking a woman for help, a latina would be fine to me (being a Scandinavian I find them a bit exotic, vivid and often beautiful). Then again there's a bit of Catch 22 in the situation: How to meet a woman that will shave your back when your back is covered with fur? :em3400:

Sometimes my cub refers to me as Chewbacca.
My heart aches for you. My wife has given me quite a scare lately and though we are comfortable with being called home, it is still quite painful to think about. May you find peace in her memory and in the joy of meeting up with her again one day.

Last night my GD66 shave was right there rivaling some of my fav. DE shaves. The only "difference" between this shave and previous is experience really. And i have been noticing, my strope was rough and dry when I git it. Just a cheapo amazon grab. I mink oiled it twice with a few shaves between. I have started rubbing my hand on my forehead then the strop before each use. The strop is getting "darker" colored and smoother looking. Part of me wonders if my strop is getting "broke in" and doing a better job. But being a "newb" I can mostly just make stuff up to fit my results lol. I still have a few vintage DE razors I am cleaning and trying so my straights are spread out a bit, but what ever the cause, the end result is some pretty fine shaves.

So I have been slowly gathering items to try a "method" edge. I wanted to see how mine compare. See if perhaps the shave is that much better that I need to start trying them on my razors. Well I also want more razors (duh lol). I told my wife that I was gonna get one from crescent city razors some time to have something to "judge" my edges by as I have only ever shaved with my own. My birthday was the other day and she decided to help me out with that. So here it is. A brand new, professionally honed straight. Gold monkey instead of gold dollar but pretty sure same razor so should be an apples to apples comparison between the two razors. Just a profesional method edge up against a "fake it til ya make it edge" lol. I am super excited to see how my edge compares!! Super happy with my gift and the obvious effort that comes from the seller in making sure my "wife" is happy with her purchase lol.

Attachments

• 20201009_163713.jpg
    20201009_163713.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Sounds great, but I wouldn't let any of my girlfriends near me with a straight razor. Filipinas can change in an instant!
I think that applies to most woman. 😁
I lived with a girlfriend that was like that, I would sometimes hide her pistol before going to sleep at night if we had a disagreement that day. 😂

I think that applies to most woman. 😁
I lived with a girlfriend that was like that, I would sometimes hide her pistol before going to sleep at night if we had a disagreement that day. 😂
Smart. We all remember with dread what happened to John Wayne Bobbitt.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
So I have been slowly gathering items to try a "method" edge. I wanted to see how mine compare. See if perhaps the shave is that much better that I need to start trying them on my razors. Well I also want more razors (duh lol). I told my wife that I was gonna get one from crescent city razors some time to have something to "judge" my edges by as I have only ever shaved with my own. My birthday was the other day and she decided to help me out with that. So here it is. A brand new, professionally honed straight. Gold monkey instead of gold dollar but pretty sure same razor so should be an apples to apples comparison between the two razors. Just a profesional method edge up against a "fake it til ya make it edge" lol. I am super excited to see how my edge compares!! Super happy with my gift and the obvious effort that comes from the seller in making sure my "wife" is happy with her purchase lol.

Yeah, the GM and GD are very similar. Same factory. I think same steel, too, but not sure.

Top Bottom