What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Last nights shave: (been working a lot of OT this week so shaving became minimal) 3 days stubble.
Gillette Sensor early 90s metal version.
Sensor excel cartridge (2)
Barbasol foam
Pinaud Clubman Classic vanilla A/S

While I have found the Sensor to be quite good on a single days growth, which for the time in which it was my main razor was a daily requirement for me, it gives up the ghost really fast when there are multiple days of growth. Half way through the shave, the cartridge literally stopped removing hair. New cartridge and continue on.

Kit: Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 (4)/Rockwell 6cR6, Gillette Platinum (3) , Arko, Omega S10083 S-Brush Pro.

A good shave bar for one disaster. My hand slipped on the upper lip using the Platinum and WHAM! - an actual cut. Styptic closed it but I’ll have to be cautious around that area for some days.

Kit: Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 (4)/Rockwell 6cR6, Gillette Platinum (3) , Arko, Omega S10083 S-Brush Pro.

A good shave bar for one disaster. My hand slipped on the upper lip using the Platinum and WHAM! - an actual cut. Styptic closed it but I’ll have to be cautious around that area for some days.
No rhyme or reason for getting nicked or cut when you are being careful.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4BD615F9-6AFD-428F-90BB-69923825E0DC.jpeg

I’m back.
Todays Shave was with a Gillette Blue 2 disposable for the first time. The razor is a little on the light side but a still got a great shave with 2 passes one WTG and the other ATG.

Kit: Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 (5)/Rockwell 6cR6, Gillette Platinum (4) , Arko, Omega S10083 S-Brush Pro.

Another good shave - this time without the bloodbath. :thumbup1:

I just read the article 3 times and did not see a reference to the Sensor. 3 desperate web sources list 1990 as the release date, including the company with the archives for such. But go ahead and enjoy your memory of shaving with a razor that was 5 years in the future. I bought my sensor not too long after it’s release, and I remember the commercials for it. And just so you know, the Atra looks a whole lot like the sensor and was all metal.

I just read the article 3 times and did not see a reference to the Sensor. 3 desperate web sources list 1990 as the release date, including the company with the archives for such. But go ahead and enjoy your memory of shaving with a razor that was 5 years in the future. I bought my sensor not too long after it’s release, and I remember the commercials for it. And just so you know, the Atra looks a whole lot like the sensor and was all metal.
It's down towards the bottom where it says The Competition...I've never used the Sensor 3...just the older 2 blade original version. This is what it says: "Gillette’s Sensor razor line is ancient even compared with the Mach3, having been introduced during a time known as the 1980s, an age when men allowed their chest hair to range upward and connect, like the vines covering the walls of a respected university, to their facial hair. The old-school line is just fine, even admirably simple but didn’t make our final cut because it’s not easy to find in stores, it’s hard to find legitimate listings online, and the blades appear to be made of chromium-coated carbon steel, not stainless, so we don’t think they’ll last as long or give as smooth a shave over time."

Top Bottom