What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

arrived safely today, from Norway...

IMG_6918.jpg

View attachment 1159906Here he is....Our Schrodinger.....(and Cleo).
So cute.

I have a 14-year-old huge, somewhat overweight curmudgeon of a cat, completely black, named Shadow. Two weeks ago, we adopted a kitten from a rescue. He is almost 6 months of age and is a tuxedo. From the top he looks like Shadow's mini-me, but he has a white bib, a wide white stripe that goes all the way down the belly, white socks like Schrodinger, and thin white stripe that comes up from the bib and goes all the way to the left side of his mouth, and white whiskers. His name is Shabouh (Shuh-BOO), which is apparently Armenian for king (we didn't name him, he came to us with the name). It's kind of funny because he was the runt of the litter, and he is named "king."

Anyway, from Shabouh's standpoint, Shadow is just awesome. But from Shadow's standpoint, Shabouh is an annoying interloper. To be fair to Shadow, he has been the only animal in our house, and we have had him since 2009. So it will take him a bit of time to learn to tolerate Shabouh. I doubt he will ever actually "like" him, but I think he will learn to "put up with" him.

I was walking with my parents in a grocery store today and wondered into the hygiene/shaving isle, found tubs of Wilkinson Sword shaving soap for sale and grabbed one up.
I also asked my father to give me the DE razor he used to use. He is only shaving with disposables now and has no intent of ever starting DE shaving again so he agreed. It's a Romanian no name razor with an (almost) open comb. It has a missing corner tooth on one side where my older brother dropped it once but otherwise is in good condition. Just needs a really good clean and sanitization. The threads are excellent. Given that the head looks to be zamac I wonder how it will hold up in time in that chipped area.
I will clean it and at the end of the week I will shave with it.
IMG_20200928_151530025.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_151557533.jpg
    IMG_20200928_151557533.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
Top Bottom