What's new

Any good Neroli scented soaps out there?

This stuff. Additionally, it’s on sale for $10. Not an overpowering scent but, you get the neroli & black pepper in nice soft whiffs. Performance ain’t to shabby either as it’s made by WSP...

CAA9C3AC-467D-45B8-9498-0E616692B285.jpeg

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The Holy Black Secret Stash “Neroli Plus”

I read this post this morning, so I grabbed some Neroli Plus, and the matching splash, and gave it a whirl. I really like it. It it a great performer. And I personally love the scent. However, the Neroli is not as pronounced as the OP would like in my opinion. It’s a very soapy scent. With a nice layer of Neroli worked into the mix. The splash makes up for that a bit. But I think the OP wants a very forward dark Neroli note present in the soap. Either way, thanks for inspiring my excellent shave this morning!

CE92F11F-3624-4876-A4E6-2562799CD2D8.jpeg

I read this post this morning, so I grabbed some Neroli Plus, and the matching splash, and gave it a whirl. I really like it. It it a great performer. And I personally love the scent. However, the Neroli is not as pronounced as the OP would like in my opinion. It’s a very soapy scent. With a nice layer of Neroli worked into the mix. The splash makes up for that a bit. But I think the OP wants a very forward dark Neroli note present in the soap. Either way, thanks for inspiring my excellent shave this morning!

View attachment 1144511

Without “them” saying so “it” leans toward Tom Ford’s “Neroli Portofino” except they add in Iso E Super as a signature.

This stuff. Additionally, it’s on sale for $10. Not an overpowering scent but, you get the neroli & black pepper in nice soft whiffs. Performance ain’t to shabby either as it’s made by WSP...

View attachment 1144182

Mine arrived today and while the neroli component is *exactly* the scent I was looking for, at least in the tubs I received, the black pepper (actually more like long pepper) is far and away the dominant scent note.

...a very interesting scent profile, but not my Neroli Nirvana and it leaves me hungering for a rare steak dredged in cracked pepper!

I really love the tub of Old Virginia that I added to the order though, thanks for the tip!!

Updates:

Nanny's accepted my order coming up on a month ago, but isn't responding to email (almost a week since inquiry was sent), so I'm assuming that they're closed for business :(

Van Yulay Summer Breezes is ok, but a bit soft and muddled, I also tried a few other scents from them (I had hopes for OMG), but I think her scents aren't my cup of tea...

I have a couple Mondial soaps on the way, but rumor is they are just upscale re-branding of TFS product, so I hold out little hope that they'll satisfy. Though the Phoenix & Beau Pall Mall in the same order could be a winner?

On the other hand I got a tub of AOS Bergamot Neroli and while it isn't exactly what I was looking for I like that one quite a bit, just wish the scent was a little stronger!

Sorry to hear that Nanny's probably isn't still in bhsiness, because I think that soap was really the one that would perfectly scratch the itch you had. Bummer.

Mondial Zagara is the closest to scratching my itch so far, sadly the scent doesn't last more than 20 minutes after rinse, and there's no matching AS or EDC.

Phoenix & Beau Pall Mall is like an upside down version of the Asylum Neroli & Black Pepper, with a big dose of earthy (not sharp) pepper-like scent weighing in almost as strongly as the Neroli. Not a bad scent, but off the mark far enough that it fails to satisfy.

You will get your neroli hit when your Nanny's Silly Soap arrives.

Please make sure you come back to this thread to give us your opinion of it. I think it is a highly underrated soap.

A parcel from the UK landed on my desk today, apparently Nanny's isn't answering email, but *is* shipping orders...

kingfisher, you are so correct! this is *very* close to the Petal Pusher and has a deeper, rougher scent than other Nerolis without slipping into petitgrain (which I also love, but is quite a different scent profile).

If the performance is anything better than mediocre, I'll be very pleased and when COVID releases its grip on the UK I'll definitely order more!

Last edited:
A parcel from the UK landed on my desk today, apparently Nanny's isn't answering email, but *is* shipping orders...

kingfisher, you are so correct! this is *very* close to the Petal Pusher and has a deeper, rougher scent than other Nerolis without slipping into petitgrain (which I also love, but is quite a different scent profile).

If the performance is anything better than mediocre, I'll be very pleased and when COVID releases its grip on the UK I'll definitely order more!
Sweet! I'm glad it showed up. I am SURE that you will love the performance. It's really a great shave soap. I'm happy it worked out for you.

For reference, I love the scent of the Phoenix Shaving Planet 9 and Petal Pusher Neroli, but Petal Pusher seems to have gone out of business (and had so-so performance) and the Phoenix soap base gives me red spots all over my cheeks, not terribly uncomfortable, but that's got to be a sign of some sort of alergic reaction (which is a real shame, since Vetiver Planet is another favorite scent)... I also enjoy Fine Acoutrements L'orange Noir, but it's a bit too muted to really satisfy.

So to sum up: I like a bitter, sharp, earthy scent, not sweet orange, or red hots (I have no idea how TFS came up with that scent!?!), orange blossom is OK too, though I enjoy the intensity of full-on neroli more.

Thanks for any leads you may be able to offer!

Which base? Original or CK-6?

Which base? Original or CK-6?

The lids all say "crown king", but only my tub of sandalwood is labeled CK-6. It's definitely the soap base, since Planet 9, Vetiver Planet and Lavender Planet all cause the same reaction. I'd have to revisit the Sandalwood to see if it does as well.

Looks like it's a moot point anyway, as Planet 9 seems to have come and gone... As well as Vetiver Planet :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom