never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SEptember 2020 #8
20200923_121737~2.jpg

20200923_124752~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Sabre L2 :001_wub:
Blade: Personna GEM (3)
Brush: @Rudy Vey White Zebra Stripe (Shavemac 24mm D01 3-Band Silvertip Fan)
Lather: Martin de Candre Natural
Additional skin care: Crystal Alum, Thayers Rose Petal Skin Toner, CeraVe Moisturizing Cream and Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Sabre L2 always gives me a smooth, efficient and effective shave. Definitely one of my favorite razors. :)

A very pleasurable shave! :cool:

SEptember shave 12
Razor : Supply single edge v2, plate 2
Blade : Ted pella personna (1)
Brush : DS 26mm 2 band silvertip
PS : Proraso red
Soap : Cella the brick
Thayers witch Hazel
AS : PAA Gondolier
Excellent shave with Cella, been a while since last time I used this soap.
10/10 no nicks
Stay safe guys
IMG_20200923_162912.jpg

Well, tonight is the night that I'm going to give one of my Auto-Strops a try. And I'll be trying an original later style blade, don't have any of the Feathers. I have 13 of those in like new condition so one will get stropped and tried. I'll post my findings later after I'm finished.

Now to update this from last night.
Razor: Valet Auto Strop last variant
Blade: Like new Valet New Progress, stropped with perfect edge viewed with loop
Soap: Arko
Brush: Ever-Ready 100
Shave was not worth a hoot. I'm not sure any whiskers were actually removed. Finished with a Tech

22nd shave of SEptember- okay, but not up to the usual quality of shave; the LEA classic soap is leaving the rotation for use in the shower!

Soap: LEA Classic; the wooden tub is the best thing for me about this soap.
Brush: New Forest Badger 2201
Razor: Kai Kasho Woody AC
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (6)- end of this blade's use; in the blade bank now.
AS: Sanborns Roble y Agave

PXL_20200924_162424540.jpg

Second day with:
- Stirling Bay Rum oil,
- T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness soap,
- RV B&B 2019 Manchurian brush,
- Schick M1 with Schick Twin blade,
- T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness a/s,
- and Stirling Unscented balm.

Yesterday’s shave was too mild, so cranked up the setting on the M1 a bit. Still too mild. 7/10 for the result. Will give the knob 5 more clicks tomorrow. Label is gone so I have no idea where I am in the range. I just leave it in place when moving on to the next razor, so I’m wondering why I had it set so mild last time.

Twin blades feel strange to me. Reminiscent of cartridge-like resistance to sliding. But not harsh or anything.

T+S soap performance is beyond awesome as usual. But I have to say I do not smell morning coffee or the canadian wilderness. I drink my coffee black ..... usually espresso ...... so maybe I do smell vanilla creamer or something. BUT, in spite of that, I really enjoy the scent and absolutely love the aftershave. That’s why the unscented balm.

The brush? Really want to like it. Knot is nice and soft, builds lather effectively, but is a little floppy. So I started adding o-rings. The handle is ...... well ...... way too long for me ..... actually a little unwieldy. And not as pretty as I had hoped. Oh well. Get’s the job done though ........ so I‘ll try not to over-analyze going forward.

All in all, an enjoyable shave ..... just not as close as I like. But as others have said many times, I’m the only one who knows.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SEptember 2020 #9
20200924_174311~2.jpg

Razor: Jones Shake Sharp v2
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (4)
Brush: @Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Martin de Candre Natural
Aftershave: @OkieStubble Bootlegger's El Dorado

20200923_124752~2.jpg

*Additional post-shave skin care: Crystal Alum, Thayers Rose Petal Skin Toner, CeraVe Moisturizing Cream and Hyaluronic Acid

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Excellent shave! :)

Round 3:
- Stirling bay rum oil
- T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness soap
- RV B&B 2019 manchurian brush
- Schick M1 with Schick twin
- T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness splash
- Stirling unscented balm

Pleasant shave with decent results.

Added 5 clicks to the M1 and got a slightly closer shave. Oddly ..... the blade felt smoother. Don’t think my soap prep was that different ..... but maybe it was.

But speaking of soap, I put a donut hole in it this morning. That doesn’t happen often around here with the number of soaps I rotate.

Think I’ll max out the M1 tomorrow. Just 2 more clicks.

Top Bottom