Not open for further replies.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Merkur 33c
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Brush: Fine Classic Shaving Brush 20mm
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
029_42.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD. Thur, Sept 24 2020

Razor: British Rocket SS- Mfg 1950's N.D.Code- mild razor but still enjoyable to a lot of folks.
Blade: Kai SS- Excellent blade, .009"thousands wider for more blade exposure or feel+ sharp & smooth.
Soap: Razorock Irsh Countryside- mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm syn-excellent brush for making easy lather+cloud like soft tips with a some backbone.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG +pickups.
Results:CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my British Rocket super speed razor.

DE SOTD, Thur, Sept 24th 2020, (Kai 3).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

924.png

Feather SS + SoftGuard / Simpson Eagle 3 Manchurian / Simpson Unscented / Sabre+Gem cleanup

First shavette, two-plus passes, dominant hand only. Needed the Sabre to get from SAS to DFS, chin especially. Two minor weepers and deserved far more for all the flailing around and general ineptitude. No doubt using a very mild guarded blade helped a lot to protect me from myself.

09/24/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Wood Box Soap Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap Marine Park Grapefruit and Patchouli
Crown King Atomic Age Bay Rum Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
The Holy Black Coconut Creeper Shaving Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare - 24mm Nexus Hybrid Synth Brush based on the Erskine K-250
Crisa Glass Salsa Bowl
Whitmor Water Spray Bottle
Wolfman WR2-DC Mirror Polished SS OC: 1.05mm SB: 1.15 gaps with Solid 96mm WRH3 Mirror Polished SS Handle
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 6th Shave
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
The Holy Black Coconut Creeper Barrel Aged Aftershave Splash
Crown King Atomic Age Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength

Sorry I goofed and posted in the wrong week last nice

B IMG_7762.jpg

Thursday, 9/24:

20200924_110451.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15 solid
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - That Darn Rob "Nocturne" 26mm Fanchurian
Soap - Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

Same shave as yesterday except that I swapped the brush and the solid handle in for the hollow. The shave felt basically the same, and the closeness immediately afterward was the same as well, as I expected. I'm looking to see if it lasts the same before the stubble returns. Yesterday's shave didn't seem to "last as long" as previous ones, but I want to compare to see if it's the difference in weights or if it's the blade. I suspect the blade, so we shall see. But right now, the shave feels super smooth, close, and comfortable.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
(Mostly) British SOTD 😁

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

I decided to take my once beloved EJ DE89 razor out for a spin today, as I have not used it in about two years.
I had a very nice shave, but probably should have used a little sharper blade such as a Feather.
20200924_120310_kindlephoto-7684569.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom