What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Tue 22 Slantember SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor RazoRock G 37 Slant
Blade Permasharp 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Wow...the scent is nice but somehow unable to really smell peach..perhaps just barely...truly YMMV. Lather was surprisingly thin but enough for 3pass. Slickness not remarkable...
another suprise...must be me, not dialling it properly.
Shave with razor paired with blade was just ok. Comfortable enough but can feel the blade not as smooth nor as efficient. Still good shave though. 3 passes with between bbs to dfs result and a tiny weeper on the chin. Post and aftershaves ensured a nicely soothed soft face and smelling great! Rating 9/10
20200921_190553.jpg

20200922_110800.jpg

Slantember shave #20
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

One nick due to user error. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.6/10

8.5/10. Second time with the Gamechanger .68. Nothing really wrong with it, just not quite as comfortable as the Karve or 6c on my particular face. Had more success with the right angle and reduced 20 nicks down to one weeper this time :)

Pre: Shower, Stirling Coniferous oil + mandarin essential oil
Brush: Viking White Knight
Soap: Stirling Arcadia
Razor: RR Gamechanger .68
Blade: Astra SP (2)
84FFF92A-D516-4BE0-990A-7BD83C84417D.jpeg

Daily Shave: 22 September 2020
DSCF2259.JPG

Prep: Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Black Blade #2 / Shave #2
Brush: Viking Badger
Soap: Viking Cedar Pine Scent using rain water
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R water
Rating: 9.0 DFS+ A good shave with no original nicks, weepers, and only token stubble. I am still having a challenge with taking off scabs from old nicks / weepers. Yesterday, I have harvested enough rain water for the rest of September’s shaves.

48-hour beard

'62 Gillette Slim/Rapira Swedish Super Steel blade (3)

PAA Atmotic soap

Semogue boar brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

After my shower, I mixed up baking soda in my warm shave water, squeezed out the brush, and loaded it up from the Atmotic tub. Strangely, it took quite a bit to load up and create a lather on my face. I had to go back to the tub and whip the brush around twice more before I could get a good thick lather.

Slim set to 5: WTG on cheeks and throat. Down to 4: WTG on lower lip, ATG on cheeks and throat. Down to 3: XTG on throat plus some cleanup. A very close and smooth shave without irritation or nicks, near BBS as I expect. And I've learned that 5-4-3 seems to work better on a 48-hour beard than the 5-3-1 I've been using. Verdict: 9.6.

SOAP:Chelsea's Soap Garden 'Arabian Spice '
BRUSH: WSP Pure Badger
RAZOR: IKON X3 Slant Bar
BLADE: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
AS: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns
Stetson Cologne
Three passes 9.5

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tuesd shave 1.jpg

Tuesday’s shave starts off with something different. While going through some shaving goodies stored under my sink, I came across Williams Shaving Cream. I bought this shaving cream more than five years ago while in France. I completely forgot about it. I decided to do something I have not done in a long time: make Uberlather. I wanted to face lather, so I put a few drops of liquid glycerin in a tub of Tabac. I then loaded my brush with the Tabac. I then took a small amount of Williams cream onto my hands and rubbed it onto my face. I then lathered up using a Paladin El Dorado brush. The lather was fantastic. I then took my Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.05 razor loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade and shaved. The aftershave was my usual Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by some Neutrogena Triple Protect. After a shower, some Yves Saint Laurent fragrance.

A perfect shave. 10/10.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR brushless shave soap Bay Rum scent
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Pirata croap
Brush: No-name synthetic
Razor: Charcoal Goods SS LvL2 w/CG brass torpedo handle
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Black Ship Grooming Tenth Anniversary (Pineapple Bay Rum)

Great shave from the CG! As long as I let the razor and blade do the work...it just works out. No cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation. Love this razor! German Wilkinson Sword works nicely in it. This is the second shave with it in the CG. Had a tough time figuring out what to pair with the Pirata croap...grabbed something with some fruit scent in it...the Pirata to me is like an aquatic with a berry scent in the background.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200922.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I bought a tub of Cella Extra Extra Bio on @Marco ’s recommendation. I need to get busy and try it. Glad it is working for you. When Slantember finishes I can finish a blade seek on the Mamba 53 and then do the same for the Mamba 70 and 3ONE6.

It's been a solid performer for me. Easy to lather, plenty of protection. I like soaps that paint on and adhere well...not sliding down the face or dripping all over. Has a lot to do with how you dial it in, but, again, this is a good soap and easy to work with.

Razor - Fatip Grande
Blade - Voskhod
Brush - Proraso Omega
Cream - Proraso green
Aftershave - Proraso green
Beforeshave - Prep

I am using this combination and only changing the DE razor blade. At this time the Voskhod irritated my skin in a way that I got a red burn in my face for 1 day. I got fever during the night. Now I am fine and the shave looks great. I think the Voskhod is too sharp and aggressive for me. For me it is not a good option. Up to now I only used Astra green and Derby extra (green and blue versions).

I have messed around the last couple shaves and I needed a good shave again. So today I went back to a known entity with the razor and blade. The ball end tech and Personna Red always give me a good shave out of the box. I love Electric Sheep and what I ended up with was an AWESOME shave. It was needed to shake some bad mojo choices in equipment and luck.

9.2/10

KM

PXL_20200922_113241599.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SLANTember, Tue, Sept22nd 2020

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant - Mfg 2017> Excellent SS slant with a light touch, upper mid range.
Blade: Personna red (5) Great blade with my slant razors.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- Excellent protection with mild Bayrum scent.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm Plissoft- Great lather brush with those soft tips, enjoyed for years.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a clear dollop of Aloe Vera on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant.

DE SOTD, Tue, Sept 22nd 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and Think safe in these times!

Top Bottom