What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

1600611033415.jpeg

Brush: Elite 28mm HMW, Redskins handle
Soap: Stirling Autumn Glory
Razor: Rockwell 6C, R2
Blade: Voskhod

10/10: Truly enjoyable and outstanding shave. This is my first use of Voskhod blades. They have a well-earned reputation.

Hail to the Washington Football Team!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Sept 20th 2020- A Nivea shave day also, good products.

Razor: Schick i2 injector type with hydro magic- MFG 1954-57 A very good milder Schick injector, not as mild as some later models but gives a very DFS+.
Blade: Personna injector (6)- excellent blade in this razor, very sharp, good longevity & smooths out nicely as more shaves are applied to blade IMO.
Soap: Nivea sensitive cream- nice mild scented soap with good lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24mm synthetic- reminds me of a boar brush but with soft tips to paint lather, great brush.
Pre shave: Shower, brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:great shave with my Schick injector i2 type + Personna blade.

Sunday Schick shave, Sept 20th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil liquid soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Brush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Home brew, ground shave stick and Palmolive shaving cream

Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Supermax
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Copy (2) of lll.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Pre: hot water
Lather: TOBS sandalwood soap and a Kent BK4
Blade: Personna Israeli red on day 8 in EJ DE89
Shower
4711 cologne as after shave

Three passes...the PIR is still shaving close and gentle. My son used up too much of the hot water. I should have waited a bit.

9/10

8/10. First shave with the Gamechanger .68. Seems like it needs a different angle than the Karve And 6c I’ve been using....as such I had some irritation and nicks.

Pre: Shower, Proraso Green
Brush: Viking White Knight
Soap: Stirling Arcadia
Razor: Gamechanger .68p
Blade: Astra SP

5D33A2A3-2D98-40E4-94AB-2EA8E90DCA4E.jpeg

Because I can't leave well enough alone I grabbed a bit more aggressive razor and I ended up with a bit tougher shave. Some irritation. The choice for tomorrow is to toss it in the tech or bin the 3 use blade.

I also have never used WH, splash and then Clubman before and figured this Sunday seemed like a good time to try it. It made my face feel very healthy post shave an hour or two. Just thought it was interesting as it sure seems like I was constantly putting something in my face.

Overall a less then stellar shave but they can't all be bangers.

7.2/10

KM

IMG_20200920_101207.jpg

Razor: Schick E1 Deluxe with black handle
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten ☺😊
20200919_082122.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SEptember Shave #6
20200920_101412~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Fragrance: Shades Of Blue For Men EdT Spray (Belcam Version Of Light Blue Pour Homme)

Additional skin care: Crystal Alum, Thayers Rose Petal Skin Toner and Hyaluronic Acid.

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Everything about this shave was smooth, effective, relaxed - absolutely superb. :cool: :)

Sep 20, 2020

• Brush: 24mm Badger
  • Lather: Maggard’s London Barbershop
  • Razor: Timeless Ti .95
  • Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
I have been getting some redness/irritation on my neck just under my neckline in a spot where I don’t even shave. It’s strange. The only thing I can think of is that it’s a reaction to lather sitting there for a few minutes. Going to try to figure out if/which soap it is...

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Sunday morning shave

Razor: Dorko
Brush: Boar
Soap: Musgo
Probably the most comfortable SR shave yet. Tried to work the blade with chromium oxide on the linen side of an old strop. Paid close attention to stropping on leather after, but did less strokes than usual. Very happy with the end result and made the actual shave so much better. Stretching my skin taught and a shallow blade angle throughout the shave was also a factor. Pleased with the progress and end result.
Happy Sunday!
88565446-631A-44FA-AE13-B1EE9ABFF753.jpeg

9/10

Last edited:
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Preshave: Lather & Wood-Preshave Oil unscented
Lather: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Shaving Soap with eucalyptus oil and menthol
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close and pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

Razors: 1. Boker King Cutter 5/8 SR, and 2. Personna Caliber 3-blade cartridge razor
Blade: see above
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger, forgotten model number. Same size as a Simpson Commodore X2 but floppier and less dense.
Soap: Stirling Texas on Fire
Rating: 9

Noontime shave on a day and a half of stubble. Did a WTG pass with the Boker, which produced fairly close results everywhere except for the chin, which still had gleaming gray stubble; no nicks or irritation. I looked at my watch and said the heck with it instead of spending time doing another couple passes making funny faces to get rid of that gray chin stubble, so I re-lathered and did a quick WTG/XTG/ATG with the Caliber 3. Ended up with near BBS with minimal stubble felt in the ATG direction along the cheeks and jawline, and no nicks or irritation.

I noticed that the Vulfix didn't lather the Stirling soap very well today. A comparable brush that worked much better for me with Stirling was the Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger. The Vulfix seems to work better with soaps like Williams and Tabac for me.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser
- Clinique for Men Face Scrub
- Nuage for men Menthol Pre-Shave Oil
- La Toja shave stick

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
- Scottish Fine Soaps Thistle and Black Pepper aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (1)
- Omega Pro 50014

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Birthday and holiday shave today. First time shaving with my La Toja stick and had a great shave with it. It lathered easily and provided a slick, cushioned and comfortable shave with no irritation or feedback from the Alum Block. It was also my first time using the Kiels face serum (trying a sample) as well and between the La Toja, Kiehls and Scottish Fine Soaps balm my skin has felt nice and soft all day.

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower w/ a little conditioner on my whiskers​
Two pass shave w/ touch-up: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Buck 39 Salient SR​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm​

Rating: 9.2/10 Two small nicks that disappeared with my rinse. A little irritation.

• Overall and excellent shave. I was trying really hard to get a BBS shave, but fell a little short
  • I got my chin really well today. My upper lip wasn't bad, but should have been better considering the effort I put into it
  • Second time using this razor and I am really liking it. I did notice that when I reverse my grip for AGT/XTG strokes, I have a little trouble fitting both of my fingers on the blade side of the pivot. Not a big deal and easy to adjust to
  • I really like this brush and I don't think it is fully broken in yet.
    • (I seem to be always posting "not fully broken in yet" with my brushes. My interest in shaving increased rapidly and I acquired numerous brushes over a short period of time. Because I have them in a rotation, they don't get the number of shaves required to break them in.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom