What's new

Have you ever liked a razor so much you bought it more than once?

Bit the bullet and did an inventory, and had more than I thought, but those I have copies of:
2 - long comb NEWS
3 - 195 Adjustables (Fat Boy)
3 - Slim Adjustables
3 - Super Adjustables (2 SA 109s)
4 - '40s style Super Speeds ('48 and up, 1 steel handled black tip - need aluminum black tip and a '47?)
5 - old types
6 - Techs
7 - Flair Tip Super Speeds (one black handle, only one Red Tip, still looking for a nice Blue Tip)

I'm staying away from the adjustables and the Super Speeds, but saw a really nice cased Aristocrat with blades this weekend, but not for $125...

Rockwell 6S . . . I bought one. Sold it when other razors other razors found more use. Rebought one (used) when I found I missed it.

Karve CB razor. I own three brass, and one stainless steel. Plates for the brass are C, D, and E for the SB, and B, C, and D for the OC. The SS razor has an OC B plate, and a SB C plate.

I used to keep every razor I buy even those which I don't use them, but I recently sold spare ones. The razors I had were: 2 Techs (one was ball end made in Germany in the 60s and the other one was also ball end but with aluminum handle made in England from the 70s and it was NOS when I got it.), Parat, Slim and Rockwell 6S (it was kinda good for everyday shaver, but not very efficient for my taste).
And then I sterted looking around and I found a flat bottom Tech and Slim at a very tempting price which are going to arrive tomorrow. I might flip the Slim at some point, but i'm definitely keeping the Tech. Also, if I get my hands on ''affordable'' Fatboy i'm definitely going to keep it.
My main shavers right now are - the Fatip Grande and the R41.

You realize you're asking this to a shaving forum? I have 4 Gillette sim Adjustable, well had, I just sold one on eBay for WAAAY more than I bought it 10 years ago. Back in the day Slims got no respect.

I have several 1947 Super Speeds, plus several other.

A couple of different ball end techs.

Now the funny part, after I bought a Merkur Futur on 2011, the old school razors haven't been used.

I've owned multiple Techs, several black plastic Wilkinson Sword Classics, two Feather Portables (basically a Tech clone), two G-Bars, and two Merkur 15Cs over the years. I have none of them now, but I'd buy one again if I needed to.
Having said the above, I now own three Gillette Super Blue razors. Yes, I bought two as backups after I found out just how good they are for my shaves. When you find nirvana, you don't just discard it. I suspect I have a couple of razors that aren't Gillette Super Blues that are going out for PIFs shortly, and then my den will be down to one DE razor type, one DE blade type, and a cartridge system. I may earn back that M in my signature after all!

M

member 119848

I really enjoyed reading this thread!
Why? Because I feel more normal :001_smile

I have 2 backups for my PBOCS (PAA Bakelite Open Comb Slants)
which is quite irrational... bakelite lasts forever!

Just bought a second postwar fat-handled Tech. The first was PIF'd to me here, a yellow gold model in which I use Feather blades. The second was an EBay find in champagne gold.

Oh, and I have a Travel Tech from 1965. Does that count?

2 Fatip Open Comb v1 (Grande gold and Piccolo nickel) because they are unobtainable nowadays, and 2 Fatip v2 Gentile (Grande chrome and Piccolo gold) because I liked it a lot but prefer the Piccolo handle and gold plating, so the Grande in chrome will be sold later on

Last edited:
Top Bottom