What's new

Doreo or Dorco - Mystery blades

I have some mystery blades that were included with a Merkur Futur clone that I purchased off Amazon. First I am not complaining, because I was buying the razor, which I really like, and the package of blades was just a sweetener.

At first glance it looks like a package of Dorco ST300 blades, and while everything on it is identical to the Dorco packaging, it actually says Doreo. If I do a Google search for "Doreo" very little comes up.

Either these are Dorco blades with the name changed for marketing to a limited geographic region, which I suspect, or it's a counterfeit, which would be dumb, because Dorco blades are allredy inexpensive.

Each blade is wrapped in paper and says made in China under license from SHHXR.COM.

Any thoughts?
IMG_20200907_103654.jpg
IMG_20200907_111132.jpg
IMG_20200907_104530.jpg
IMG_20200907_103928.jpg
IMG_20200907_103959.jpg
IMG_20200907_104827.jpg

I have the exact same blades, haven't tried them yet. I did try a real dorco st300 once they're not horrible blades imo maybe qc will vary since I only used one, but with so many blades out there I have cheaper options that perform better.

Either these are Dorco blades with the name changed for marketing to a limited geographic region, which I suspect, or it's a counterfeit, which would be dumb, because Dorco blades are allredy inexpensive.
Each blade is wrapped in paper and says made in China under license from SHHXR.COM.
Any thoughts?
I did not think Dorco manufactured in China. They have plants in South Korea and Vietnam so this suggests it is not a Dorco product.
It must be a Chinese manufacturer who also uses the ST300 code and similar livery to Dorco.

Looks like fake...
@dcuttler wrote: "Each blade is wrapped in paper and says made in China under license from SHHXR.COM."
I tried the website and the only thing written in English is "Restriction of visit" and there is a big padlock

I just don't get it. If you are going to go through the effort to counterfeit razor blades, wouldn't it make sense to copy something expensive like Feather?

Like knock off watches. People copy Rolex and similar brands, not Timex, or casio.

I did not think Dorco manufactured in China. They have plants in South Korea and Vietnam so this suggests it is not a Dorco product.
It must be a Chinese manufacturer who also uses the ST300 code and similar livery to Dorco.
Dorco did produce or outsource in China at one point.

Well I just sent an email to Dorco in Korea asking if these were their products. I also attached a few photos.

If I hear anything from them I will post it here.

The plot thickens.

I just don't get it. If you are going to go through the effort to counterfeit razor blades, wouldn't it make sense to copy something expensive like Feather?

Like knock off watches. People copy Rolex and similar brands, not Timex, or casio.

I did have some counterfeit Lord blades I got from another member here. They were terrible and the printing/packaging was way off. I don't get it either. I can't imagine there can be much profit in fake DE blades.

I can only imagine that once the end customers start complaining about the quality of the product to the seller - then the seller contacts the distributor... well someone might be left holding the bag but I bet the distributor would not buy blades from that manufacturer again.

Also, on aliexpress there are a number of listings for blades with Dorco design packages but are missing the Dorco name. Just blank there. Maybe they offer custom printing and packing.

There may be another answer; it could be when Dorco closed the plant in China, some of the unemployed managers and workers decided to carry on making and selling the blades.

Sabre posted that they did earlier in the thread.

I see, I missed that. I knew there was South Korea and Vietnam production.

Are your pictures from the wildfires? My brother lives in California. Last I heard he has a bag packed in case he has to evacuate.

Top Bottom