50A02BCB-5540-421F-893F-DC38A79C73FB.jpeg

Wednesday, 9/2:

20200902_103456.jpg

Razor - GSC Espresso
Blade - Feather
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "LP" 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint
A/S - Stirling Eucalyptus Mint

What a fun shave this was! Every element was great. The brush felt great, really becoming maybe my favorite tuxedo thus far. The soap whipped up a fantastic lather that was creamy and dense with terrific slickness and residual; SS makes great stuff. The scent is a perfectly refreshing mint. The Feather performed superbly in this Razor! The Tatra yesterday was good, but oh man was this smooth as heck, and gave me a closer shave than I thought possible with the Espresso. Glass-smooth results. I feel so clean and refreshed!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sep 2nd 2020- look into the future razor technology , 3D printed razors.

Razor:TNNSER 3D -Tom White creative razors & @riverrun computer skills- Mfg 2019, had a excellent 2 pass shave with pickups. It is a light razor and still needs a light pressure touch but it performs well when mastered.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) Excellent all around blade with good longevity.
Soap: Williams shave mug- nice lemony scent with good lather qualities, secret to Williams mug soap is load well and apply a little pastier than other soaps. Great protection when done properly, it's like a lot shaving products to learn the best methods how to apply & use IMO.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic - Excellent lather tool,it will lather all the soaps out there + cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a small dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with the TNNSER 3D printed razor(Tom White creative razors)

SE SOTD-Wed, Sept, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20200901_164147.jpg

SEptember!

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200901_082857.jpg

Finally had a chance to try some of the PAA Sun Down sample so graciously sent to me a while back. WOW this is right smack in my wheelhouse! Feels like it sits very well in that vintage scent shop similar to Old Spice, AV, Brut, etc all of which I very much enjoy. Heavy on the talc and just a pleasure to use. Can't wait to use this sample up and add a full tub to the "must buy" list!

Wednesday September 2nd, 2020
Razor : '66 Gillette Flair Tip SS
Blade : KCG
Brush : Razorock Beehive
Pre : none
Soap : PAA Sun Down
Post : Thayers Coconut Water and 50/50 blend of Osage and Skin Bracer

IMG_20200902_140150.jpg

Thursday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D10)
Brush: Grizzly Bay w Oumo SHD Manchurian 27mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming Captain's Reserve
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain's Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom