Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
View attachment 1148837

Pre: Stirling Honey bath soap in the shower
Brush: La Maison du Barbier 24mm synthetic
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#5 and binned)
Soap: Maggard Razors Limes & Bergamot by Through the Fire Fine Craft

Another round of the Marco Method tonight and again great lather--not quite as good as the last two shaves, but miles apart from what I'd been getting the prior six weeks. Was curious to see how it would work with a synthetic and while maybe a tad soupier to start the second pass it formed up quickly again once I started to work it.

First use of Lucky Tiger and I like it. Not at all what I was expecting, but very nice!
I've never tried Lucky Tiger, but the ingredients look pretty good, and the price for an 8oz bottle isn't too bad. I'll have to add it to my list of things to try.

Wed 2 Slantember SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Treet Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Very nice soap. Scent off the puck is pleasant citrusy/orangey and remains thru the shave. Great creamy and slick lather from working with the soft brush on face.
Shave with this slant razor paired with blade was bloody today. Multiple weepers...even from the 1st wtg pass. Must be the blade...will try another blade next. Still able to complete 3 multiple direction passes and stop. Plenty of extra lather waiting...ahahaha
Icy water rinse followed by alum ensure all weepers are closed. Thayers then Hyaluronic soothed and lastly AV Musk.
A close shave...but rating 7/10 today!
20200901_220037.jpg

20200902_092011.jpg

Wednesday SOTD - A cool mentholated DFS++ shave!

Pre Shave - Hot water splash and Truefitt & Hill No.10 Pre Shave scrub
Brush - Hajamat Ash Wood Handled synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol Shaving Cream
Bowl - Supply marble lathering bowl
Razor - Pearl Chrome TTO chrome finish
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue on 4th use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera cooling Aftershave Balm

Well to start I did not have enough growth post yesterday’s sublime 3 pass BBS shave so felt there is not need to cushion my face additionally with a pre shave oil. Also though the brush is super soft yet decided to go ahead with bowl lathering to ensure the face is not unnecessarily rubbed to cause any discomfort. 3rd and most important change was moving to a fairly aggressive razor with the best blades to ensure I get a smooth DFS+ (if not a BBS) with lower/equal number of passes without the need of scrapping my face again & again.

Well all the tricks mentioned above actually paid off! The shaving cream and brush created voluminous lather with slickness guaranteed. The aggressive razor paired with the smoothest blades on 4th use glided excellent on all three passes. The only blade which has been this smooth apart from GSB during 4th use is the India made Gillette Super Plat black ones with which I have achieve 10+ smooth shaves/blade. Curious to see how the GSB works on 5th and subsequent uses as it so far has superseded all other blades including Gillette Super Platinums in the 4 uses.

Had 3 excellent passes (or may be 2 and half as the last pass was only focused on chin and neckline). No weepers, nicks or cuts to report while the skin was definitely little red and irritated post 3 pass shaves on 2 consecutive days. The alum gave moderate feedback and the face cooled down further post application of the cooling aftershave balm whilst the mesmerising fragrance kept my mood uplifted. Face feels very soft and well moisturised as the fragrance lingers!

Next shave is due on Friday where I will be using one of the most appreciated luxurious shaving creams (spoiler alert).

Thank you 🙏🏽
EED7FEF8-86F3-4553-A8A9-C85877724DA1.jpeg
3D335C87-65A6-4E42-BAAB-53C91F126EF9.jpeg
760E9681-4B40-455A-8AA4-43C75BF0B668.jpeg
7B677128-1A29-4177-8504-D96C8AA4A090.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
ED79399C-9648-44C2-9690-3E9296918174.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Turkey: Arko Shave Stick pucked.
3) USA: Razor M1 Gillette Black Handle Flare Tip.
4) Russia: Blade Astra SP.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) USA: Cologne Calvin Klein Euphoria Cologne.

Wednesday SOTD

Pre-shave: Hot shower with Nivea Maximum Hydration face scrub
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (9)
Lather: Proraso Blue
Brush: Yaqi Sagria Famlia
Post Shave: Nivea Balm

I haven't used Proraso in a while. It's a great performer for me. I was going to pitch the shark after 9 shaves but it felt as smooth as ever.

IMG_20200902_050942133.jpg

0F4A53E8-DFB5-445B-B852-2F12272AC124.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, September 2, 2020

Another great shave this morning with two great razors. Both my Feather SS Barber’s Razor and my Blackland Vector were both loaded with Feather Super blades, and both delivered my desired VBBS as they swept away the usual MWF lather. I feel refreshed, clean and smoothly velveteen.

RAZOR: Feather SS (Mug), Blackland Vector (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug & Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash and Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Wednesday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: Alpha Ecliptic Slant (Red Bakelite)
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: Jack Black Supreme Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Booster Mosswood
Balm: Perricone MD Lightweight Moisturizer

Date:- 02 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Wed shave dresser.jpg

Today I am using Grooming Dept.'s Asinus soap with a B&B LE 2012 brush. The brush was made by Rudy Vey and has a Shavemac knot in it. I have always liked the shape and feel of that brush. The razor is my Wolfman SS SB 1.05 loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. The aftershave is my favorite combo: Thayers Rose Petal WH and L'Occtaine ASB. After a shower, some Jimmy Choo Man Intense cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom