What's new

How many shaves do you get from a Fusion and/or Mach 3?

Stopped tracking the Fusion ProShield I have at 128 shaves. That what late July and have switched back and forth with electric since that so do not know the real number.

I change Fusion Proglide cartridges after 30 two-pass (WTG+XTG) shaves. Mach3 Turbos after 20.
I rinse the cartridges in alcohol after every use and quickly strop them on a patch of denim.

I change Fusion Proglide cartridges after 30 two-pass (WTG+XTG) shaves. Mach3 Turbos after 20.
I rinse the cartridges in alcohol after every use and quickly strop them on a patch of denim.

What kind of alcohol do you use? Just everyday rubbing alcohol? What's the procedure, splash some on the cartridge or dip it in a bowl of the stuff? Tnx.

What kind of alcohol do you use? Just everyday rubbing alcohol? What's the procedure, splash some on the cartridge or dip it in a bowl of the stuff? Tnx.

Yes, everyday rubbing alcohol and I dip it in an old TOBS bowl and shake the excess. Then I strop them 15-20 times on denim. The whole operation takes 30 seconds but after 30 uses the blades shine like new and they don't pull whatsoever. I change the cartridge for the sake of the "new blade feeling" but they still have plenty of life in them.

Top Bottom