What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

I don’t think that one can go wrong with a Wacker Straight Razor! They are superb! Unfortunately, mine have largely been neglected as of late, so I was happy when this one caught my eye.
C56F20CF-B1F9-4A23-A523-5BFF2581EF84.jpeg
76906807-9A82-4306-B708-4AE0D5E592D2.jpeg

8-23-2020

Cool water splash for yet another hot & humid day
Hayashi Diamond #8000 6/8+
Scrupleworks Shell Cordovan .. 30/50
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Shave Soap
Shavemac LE DO1 Two Band .. The Rowl
Bloc Osma
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

I'm almost embarrased to say that today's H. Diamond was finished on a synthetic progression. 8K Snow White to 20K Suehiro Gokumyo. I grudgingly have to give these stones much respect for their efficiency and killer edges. A totally enjoyable shave ...

proxy.php

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Well...today, Sunday, is a chillax day for me.

Baby woke-me up early.

After feeding her, playing with her for a while, then putting her down for a nap, I decided to shower and shave early. (I usually shower and shave in the early evenings).

So I was deciding what scent to sport today, and I decided on a Southern Witchcraft scent.

If y’all have read any of my posts, you know that I absolutely dislike clashing different scents together.

Yes...I even use unscented body soaps, and potassium alum deodorant.

Anyhoo...today's shaving soap and balm were Soap Commanders “Integrity” line. (Unscented).

And the aftershave splash (scent for today) was Southern Witchcraft’s “Druantia”.

Kewl and unique scent. The notes are:

Cedar
Oakmoss
Rosewood
Cyprus

Unique scent indeed. Clean and deep. Complex. Not for everyone.

Of course, the noggin was shaved with Carbon Shaving’s CX-316L DE razor, and a Personna MedPrep blade.

Between the great lather, awesome balm, and crazy great aftershave properties and scent...I left the shaving area feeling spectacular

Love feeling fresh and baby smooth for my Mamacita and baby daughter.

Its gonna be another incredible day.

Straight: WH Morley & Sons
DE: Carbon Shaving CX-316L
Lather: Soap Commander “Integrity” (Unscented)
Balm: Soap Commander “Integrity” (Unscented)
Splash: Southern Witchcraft “Druantia”
Brush: WCS Beacon (Silvertip)
ABB43AA3-4027-433A-95DC-D62E151D1E5D.jpeg

Gelle Brothers, Paris. This one fought me on the hones, starting with a VERY shallow bevel in a few spots. Had to remove a little spine, but she flattened out quickly enough. Went through the progression and it isn't passing many sharpness tests, but it ended up really shaving well. Actually, it seemed plenty sharp in that it handily plowed through the trouble spots.

Ain't it purdy? Never seen one shaped quite like that.

20200823_204124.jpg

Tonight's shave

C-MON HF 5/8" an amazing razor. And it has a round point which I prefer. I dont have many round tip razors which sucks but I dont think I have even seen a Japanese Razor with a round point.

Razor Emporium 3 1/2" English Bridle strop. I got it cheap and wanted a Bridle strop. This thing has a heavy draw. It's almost like if you were trying to stop on a glue trap. Are most Bridle strops a heavy draw?

Cottonwood Burl handle from TheKnotheadWoodshop on Etsy. 24mm TGN silvertip knot. Tim is a great guy. Very helpful and friendly. He is a new Artisan. This handle feels great and is a stunning handle.

Black Ship Grooming Captain's Pipe soap and aftershave. I love this scent, it's a strong tobacco scent. It is not a sweet tobacco scent which I enjoy at times. It's a nice chance of pace from all of the sweet tobacco scents. It has a a cherry undertone that is very faint.

20200823_205013_compress14.jpg

Top Bottom