What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

It was with reluctance that I let go of the Kobar razor after having shaved with it for a week. It’s such a nice razor, very well made, very easy to handle, shaves very well and without ever coming even remotely close to biting me. In short a very good everyday razor. In fact it was so nice that I first picked an also Solingen made Kron Punkt razor of about the same size, grind and age from the cabinet. Then I remembered that variation is the spice of life so I put it back. Instead I picked my beyond comparison favourite razor, this Heljestrand M.K. No.32.

I’ve nicknamed this specimen “The Lady”, which is an euphemism for an expression describing a dog of the female sex. She’ll bite you instantly if you let her but what a fantastic shaver she is. If you don’t get a 100 percent perfect BBS going ATG with this Bi… ahem Lady you’re doing something very wrong and most likely you’re bleeding.

Rubbing my face after having shaved, letting my fingertips dig deep into my lips, cheeks and neck without feeling any trace of stubble is an almost ecstatic feeling. However going to the supermarket for the weekly shopping a couple of hours later I could feel how the salty sweat under my facemask made my face tingle with a slight burn. It was well worth it. I love this razor and it’ll be the one I’ll never let go of. I do have three other specimens, two of them in ivory, but The Lady in her plain black scales is the one that soothed me the years I saw two out of three of my loved ones slowly die painfully. To me The Lady is The Razor.

I wish you all the best week possible.

cvh32 20200822.jpg

Wade & Butcher Frameback
The Holy Black- Gunpowder Spice
Semogue 820
Miller Strop
Thayers
Clubman Pinaud
View attachment 1143594
late shave today. control shave with the same razor to evaluate the soap. late due to buying a Stihl saw this morn.

be well all.

camo

I've got a ton of that Holy Black - bought it on clearance from a local pharmacy. I absolutely love the gunpowder and spice fragrance. Their Snake Oil makes a great pre-shave.

Top Bottom