What's new

Appreciation Post

I really appreciate this forum. I've learned a lot, the history of razors and the chemical composition of soaps and how to smell for accords in fragrances. The list goes on and boy, I could start naming names, but....it reminds me of when Ted Giesel (Dr. Seuss) won an Emmy for one of his animated shows he accepted with the following speech (paraphrased slightly):
At the studio here in Van Nuys,
With all the wonderful guys,
If I thanked them all
We'd be here 'til Fall
And I don't think that would be wise.

I'm thankful for all the members - past and present - on B&B. If you've got a question about anything shaving-related, someone here has the answer, and a way for you to spend money! Thankful for the mods/ambassadors for keeping everyone in line, although the membership does a pretty good job of that on their own. While B&B is a shaving site, it's really the non-shaving sections that keep me coming back - in no particular order the folks over in The Haberdashery, The Mess Hall, The Great Outdoors, The Clubhouse, and the Speakeasy.

I'm another one who is thankful for Nick Shaves. His videos taught me how to lather. Here's to hoping he stayed safe while working in NYC hospitals during the virus.

My grandfather was a barber in Ireland and Toronto in the 40’s-70’s and taught me how to shave with a SR and DE when I was a teenager and lived with my grandparents for a few months. I switched back to carts for many years and recently went back to the DE and am loving it. Great guy that passed 15 years ago that I still think about a lot. Dude ALWAYS wore a suit and tie which to me back then was just weird. Turns out he was just a classy guy. 👍

Also, I joined B&B about a month ago and this forum is amazing. The people are nicer and more helpful than any other online community I have been a part of. Looking forward to Learning a lot and getting to know many of you. 🙂

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m going to toss @KeenDogg on my list as well. He’s always very helpful/active on my post’s. Also, he’s a “social media guru”. (What on God’s green Earth that actually means, I have not a clue. But, Keen Dogg, keep doing whatever it is you do bro) :thumbup1:
Actually @KeenDogg ain't even sure what it is. But he knows this: it don't pay near enough!

FarmerTan

Most thankful for B&B. It’s a more close-knit family than any other forum I’ve ever used. You guys are truly amazing and I love browsing the threads and seeing what everyone’s up to and shooting the bull with you.
We are blessed to have you friend.

Sorry you have to put up with me, but everybody's got a cross to bear!!

Just to reinforce what many fine gentlemen have already stated on this terrific thread .....
I am so very thankful to be a member of this incredible Badger & Blade community.
I've been here for four years now, and I visit this website at least once a day. We are
a wonderful group of folks who enjoy a fantastic hobby. My thanks to all of you gents !

FarmerTan

EXCELLENT thread.

I'm happy being here, mostly because it makes me think of my Dad, he made shaving look fun and easy.

I'm most thankful for everyone here putting up with me. I don't even go a whole day without wishing I could get away from myself.

But since my health (or lack thereof, LOL) forced me into early retirement, and even before that, I can honestly say that some of my very best friends are folks I've never even seen face to face: you all!

Just to reinforce what many fine gentlemen have already stated on this terrific thread .....
I am so very thankful to be a member of this incredible Badger & Blade community.
I've been here for four years now, and I visit this website at least once a day. We are
a wonderful group of folks who enjoy a fantastic hobby. My thanks to all of you gents !
Well said my friend, well said.

That gonna sound weird but it was actually a Playboy magazine 🤣

It was a while ago and I had a subscription paid by now ex girlfriend. In one issue there was add for custom straights that had also link to local wetshaving forum. On that forum I learned about DE existence and Fusion had close encounter with a trash can

FarmerTan

That gonna sound weird but it was actually a Playboy magazine 🤣

It was a while ago and I had a subscription paid by now ex girlfriend. In one issue there was add for custom straights that had also link to local wetshaving forum. On that forum I learned about DE existence and Fusion had close encounter with a trash can
Life is strange. This journey we are on is often changed by the smallest of pebbles thrown in a stream!

The B&B community in general, for the comradery and civil discourses that is so uncommon on the internet.

Mantic59 for his videos introducing me to DE shaving and his website leading me to B&B.

@Graydog for his tremendous generosity and skill at turning.

@Toothpick for running The Great Blade Exchange.

@mightyeskimo for running Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around.

@GlazedBoker for entrusting so many with his Rex Ambassador.

@Luecke2326 for getting an SR into a usable state for me.

@tyoung, @valthun, @shave/brush, @L.A. Jones for multiple PIFs they have ran, and the many others that have as well even if I didn't win. :)
Thank you Clay! Most kind! How are you and the family? No rona I hope.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Man, toppa the list is alla y'all. Some of you have extended "the right hand of fellowship" and that's meant an incredible lot. Some of you have extended "the left-handed dope-slap of enlightenment" and that has given me a lot to think about. Some of you have done both. @Flintstone65, I'm lookin' at you, Brother. I'm deeply indebted to you all. Keep yer hands off my beer.

Even though this next one is actually a member here, I need to point this out. I recently bought a Blackland Sabre. That in itself is a long story told elsewhere, but the short of it is that I noticed how Shane treats both customers and detractors. I've had some experiences (not here!) with business owners going Full Pitbull when somebody's less than worshipful. We've got a member who's in rough health, and Shane sent him a brand-new Tradere to try. I see somebody else bought a Tradere and noticed some blems on the handle. Shane threw back a post within six minutes and said, "We'll make it right." I made a couple mis-informed comments about the Sabre without having ever held one, and Shane calmly set me straight.

I considered all that and to be frank that level of gentlemanly behaviour is what sold the razor to me.

O.H.

Top Bottom