What's new

New Lady shaver here!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Brenda:
proxy.php
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom). B & B is represented by a large number of Ladies, so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.
sipping-tea-on-ship-1-jpg.819750

Sounds like your off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and 'The Zen of Shaving', and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbsup:

Read More: League of Leg Shavers

Q. Now that you're with us...what brand of blades, soaps (ect...), are you working with
proxy.php

Many our Ladies & Gents experiences has been it's very wise to purchase a Razor Blade Sampler to see what blade would be a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your person and razor(s).

BTW, the Mrs. uses a vintage Lady Gillette razor with canned 'goo' [Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel] one of my vintage EveryReady Sliver Tip and my Voshkod blades! :w00t:

Also, the Leg Shaving Wiki and the Female Shaving Video Requests maybe of great interest to you.

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Additionally, please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget...once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum.

View attachment 784297 "A good lather is half the shave". William Hone

A. I picked up two 1957 Gillette Techs from eBay, one silver, one gold. I got one tube of Palmolive classic for him and one puck of Cello soap for me. He has been using both. I left to go out of state for a week so I have not got to use any of yet! We got a nice sample pack of blades, a silver tip badger brush and an alum bar. I found a guy on FB who had a pristine looking pre-date gold Tech and snagged that and he is giving me some sample soaps and blades as well. My husband says the shaves are super amazing so far and he is loving it. He has been using witch hazel for AS but picked up some Nivea balm today just to see how it feels. I get home Sunday so that will be my first go at it!

Welcome!

I myself got in DE earlier this year, and started with an inexpensive Van Der Hagen, which I gave to my daughter this past weekend (I've acquired a small collection of others), and she used it last night, and really liked the results, so I am in the process of acquiring a Lady Gillette for her.

She isn't into online forums like this though, but you are not alone in going back to the 'older' way of shaving.

So I got home a day early thoroughly exhausted and barely awake but I had let my leg hair grow 7 days (ewwwww) so I could see what my 'lil '57 could do! I'm a natural blonde so my leg hairs are very soft, white and barely noticeable, I did one pass with a Nacet blade except for the shin where I had to go in a down direction as well. I think it was from being so tired, pretty sure I could just do one pass when fully awake. Then I did my "down there" area which I let grow 3 days (YUCK) but I didn't want any possible shave irritation from a cartridge to be present. Again, one pass only this time but could I get BBS with another pass. No rash, irritation or nicks, used witch hazel afterwards. My husband helped out by making me some of the Palmolive lather since that what he had been using all week and it's what he got good at. I will make my own cella soap lather next time when I'm well rested. My skin in both areas feels different, I can't explain it, feels good. So happy with the new setup! Thanks for listening and for all your help.

So I got home a day early thoroughly exhausted and barely awake but I had let my leg hair grow 7 days (ewwwww) so I could see what my 'lil '57 could do! I'm a natural blonde so my leg hairs are very soft, white and barely noticeable, I did one pass with a Nacet blade except for the shin where I had to go in a down direction as well. I think it was from being so tired, pretty sure I could just do one pass when fully awake. Then I did my "down there" area which I let grow 3 days (YUCK) but I didn't want any possible shave irritation from a cartridge to be present. Again, one pass only this time but could I get BBS with another pass. No rash, irritation or nicks, used witch hazel afterwards. My husband helped out by making me some of the Palmolive lather since that what he had been using all week and it's what he got good at. I will make my own cella soap lather next time when I'm well rested. My skin in both areas feels different, I can't explain it, feels good. So happy with the new setup! Thanks for listening and for all your help.
Exfoliation tends to be a nice side effect of shaving with a single sharp blade.

Also for the record @motochick, it's not every day we get new friends who get us all pumped up about product suggestions, then bails on us for a week! We've all been on the edge of our seats and you're still just one shave in! Ha!

Also for the record @motochick, it's not every day we get new friends who get us all pumped up about product suggestions, then bails on us for a week! We've all been on the edge of our seats and you're still just one shave in! Ha!

My timing does suck! Finding out I could no longer support DSC, then finding a cartridge replacement way of life, then having to leave when all my new DE shave gear gets here! Here's the thing, my mom lives in another state and has advanced ALS. My stepdad is her sole 24/7 caregiver and he needs a break every so often. I come out to relieve him so he can live a little, he went to Sturgis like he does every year. Next month his club will go to Colorado for their National meet up. I will need to get another brush and bowl/cup before the trip next month so I don't have to use my cartridge. Not sure how it will go since their bathroom setup isn't ideal for what I need. Hopefully by then I will be so good at it that I can make any situation work for me. I told her I am using a DE razor and we both remember my grandmother having one and I borrowed it when I was a teenager and didn't know any better and thrashed my leg! I sure wish I had that razor now!

My timing does suck! Finding out I could no longer support DSC, then finding a cartridge replacement way of life, then having to leave when all my new DE shave gear gets here! Here's the thing, my mom lives in another state and has advanced ALS. My stepdad is her sole 24/7 caregiver and he needs a break every so often. I come out to relieve him so he can live a little, he went to Sturgis like he does every year. Next month his club will go to Colorado for their National meet up. I will need to get another brush and bowl/cup before the trip next month so I don't have to use my cartridge. Not sure how it will go since their bathroom setup isn't ideal for what I need. Hopefully by then I will be so good at it that I can make any situation work for me. I told her I am using a DE razor and we both remember my grandmother having one and I borrowed it when I was a teenager and didn't know any better and thrashed my leg! I sure wish I had that razor now!
It might turn up some day!

So second shave on the nether regions today with the cella soap and WOW! Just WOW! I basically finished where I left off last night now that I got some sleep. Most of it ended up BBS just by doing one pass cross grain. I have never been this smooth and my skin feels amazing! No rash or irritation like I would get with the cartridge. This is so amazing! I also did my underarms for the first time and one pass was plenty. Super easy, no blood. I also did my husbands back and he loved the way it felt! Sooooo smooth and zero irritation.

My husband got really good at his face while I was gone, he is BBS with 3 passes. One small nick under his nose on the second shave, he learned his lesson (so he says). We will never use a cartridge razor again. Why did we spend all those years doing it wrong?

Maybe you can get some picks of his trip to the Sturgis. I sold my bike this year, but still would love to get out there.

You have really excelled in improving your shaving. Well done!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Welcome and happy shaves! Plenty of info in these forums for everyone.

So second shave on the nether regions today with the cella soap and WOW! Just WOW! I basically finished where I left off last night now that I got some sleep. Most of it ended up BBS just by doing one pass cross grain. I have never been this smooth and my skin feels amazing! No rash or irritation like I would get with the cartridge. This is so amazing! I also did my underarms for the first time and one pass was plenty. Super easy, no blood. I also did my husbands back and he loved the way it felt! Sooooo smooth and zero irritation.

My husband got really good at his face while I was gone, he is BBS with 3 passes. One small nick under his nose on the second shave, he learned his lesson (so he says). We will never use a cartridge razor again. Why did we spend all those years doing it wrong?
Just remember that it's easy to get comfortable with your new setup and if you aren't focused, you might start applying more pressure or start shaving faster than what is ideally required for a luxurious shave. Always approach with the same level of caution as the first few times, and your patience will always be rewarded. Even after thousands of shaves with different razors and blades, I have to remind myself once in a while to slow down and enjoy the shave. Man, you're off to a fine start!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just remember that it's easy to get comfortable with your new setup and if you aren't focused, you might start applying more pressure or start shaving faster than what is ideally required for a luxurious shave. Always approach with the same level of caution as the first few times, and your patience will always be rewarded. Even after thousands of shaves with different razors and blades, I have to remind myself once in a while to slow down and enjoy the shave. Man, you're off to a fine start!
Yep, I got careless last night and the Shark bit me pretty good!

The shaves for both of us are still going great. We are both experimenting with different blades, it's crazy how one that works awesome for me, sucks for him. I still need to work on my soap lather skills but so far no cuts/nics and I still have all my lady bits! LOL Since we completely cut off all access to cart refills, I have taken to using the DE to shave hubby's back (very little) which is soooooooo nice! He has to wear a ballistic vest for work and having even a little bit of hair makes him itch like crazy. He is also a cyclist and for the last 33 years he has been shaving his legs with an electric razor, ARGH! I have never liked that because it always makes his legs feel so abrasive. I have been hounding him for years to wet shave them, even if only with a cart and he refuses. Says he doesn't like the way it feels when it first starts to grow out a little. WELL THAT HAS CHANGED! I was finally able to convince him that it will feel different growing out than with a cart, which he must know because he shaves his face. I love the way his legs feel now, especially when giving him a massage.

So here's the problem, not so much a problem but rather I gotta buy more stuff. Hubby likes to shave in both our bathrooms, therefore he needs two of everything so he doesn't keep having to move everything every time he shaves. I have everything on order but a third brush, gonna hold out for just the right one at just the right price, now that we know what he likes and doesn't like. I took the liberty of getting him some different cream (Proraso) even tho he LOVES the palmolive. I plan on building little shave shelves in both bathrooms to hold all the new stuff. (when I come back from yet another trip to see mom) I will take pics of all the stuff when I get home, after labor day. Next up, shavettes, I hope!

Top Bottom