What's new

Absolute slickery

So my Proraso Red won't last forever and I'd like y'all's opinions on a soap (or cream or stick). I'm looking for slick slick slick.

I don't care what it smells like.
I don't care if it's hard to lather.
I don't care if animals were molested as a result of its creation. It's all about blade glide. Please provide two answers...One disregarding price entirely and one at...say $25 bucks or less.

Gogogogo

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I Coloniali Mango Oil, but discontinued and hard to find
Pre de Provence

Both of the above generate a thinner, yet very, very, slick lather. PdP is also pretty cheap and being quad milled lasts forever.

Santa Maria Novella or any of the other Italian creams like Acqua di Parma, ABC ($$$),
3P, etc

Martin de Candre is very slick if well hydrated.

D. R. Harris creams are slick and fly ‘under the radar’, scents are old school though.

Hope this helps

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Any PAA CK-6 formula is super slick, and should be under $25. Also The Holy Black artisan soaps are super slick. There are so many. B&M is great too. Haslingers Schafsmilch is super slick and relatively inexpensive. And of course you have arko.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Cremo , just keep adding water as you shave if needed. And apply only a small amount of cream.

There’s a lot of merit in this post, some of the the brushless products can be extremely slick. My favorite is Feather Hi Shave Gel, and it also works very well as a pre-shave product if you are into those. And it isn’t expensive given the tube is 230g. It contains hyalauronic acid which many folks like, including me.

I forgot to ask to please not use abbreviations, as I'm not familiar enough to know what you mean in many cases.

A&E offers a pre shave product called slick stick. It can be used on its own but supposedly adds a ton of slickness.

I haven’t tried it as I find their soaps plenty slick for my needs, but my brother in law tried it and won’t stop talking about how great it is.

Honestly if you want slick slick slick take some cremo cream rub a little on your face then use whichever other soap you like.
True. I put Cremo Cool under Arko. It makes it a little easier to rinse for some reason. Arko is fantastic soap, but it can get a little 'sludgy' in terms of buildup on shavers and difficulty in rinsing. Though if I rub in some Dickinson's Witch Hazel before rinsing it isn't a problem.

Stirling provides all the slickness for me.

But I find most soaps provide the right amount of slickness. Some other good options are Noble Otter, Zingari Man, Spearhead shaving, and Palmolive cream.

Top Bottom