60's British all Brass Tech w/Israeli Red and Stirling Barbershop soap and AS
1960's all Brass Tech.jpg

Fixed Four SOTD #9

FF-K_2020-08-08.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: 2020 SS Gillette Tech with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Super Stainless Gillette Blue Blade (10)
ASL: Proraso Red

Maybe only by small increments, but the shaves are definitely getting (even) better! :cornut:

A few months ago I wouldn't have believed I could get anything close to a great shave with a Gillette Tech, and certainly not four days worth of heavy growth. Fab! :w00t:

Getting an early start on SHARK WEEK!

Razor: Schick Krona Gold Bicentennial
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

PSX_20200807_082638.jpg

Parker Variant razor
Voskhod blade (3)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
Fine L'Orange Noir soap
Rudy Vey Lime Kent style 24mm Shavemac 2-band Silver Tip bulb badger brush
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm
Stirling Baker Street aftershave

Nice shave after some yard work. This brush is definitely a good one and easily has the most backbone of any badger brush I've tried.
IMG_20200808_124403853.jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Shave of the evening, August 8th, 2020

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: Proraso white
Brush: Razorock 400 synthetic.

I was going to wait a couple of days before trying my new Fatip razor since I shaved yesterday, but I couldn't resist trying out this new razor. It's also my first open comb type razor.

I have to say I was incredibly surprised how smooth this razor was, as I was expecting it might be a bit harsh being an open comb type.
I'll have to try this one again with three or four days of growth, but as of right now I really like this razor.
I used some Old Spice after shave also and got zero burn or irritation.

20200808_170154_kindlephoto-251091420.jpg

Phoenix Shaving | La Tierra Mojada
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

La Tierra Mojada opens with a bold herbaceous floral akin to freshly rained on yellow honeysuckle and neroli. As the lather builds, the fresh rain aspect surfaces and sustains, but the neroli intensifies. I must be fairly sensitive to this because LTM isn't marketed as a neroli-centric fragrance. Approaching the end of the shave, the lather's fragrance becomes a little darker with hints of damp earth, but it never gets muddy.

The splash is quite enjoyable, conveying a more vibrant floral opening, again reminding me of wet yellow honeysuckle blossoms and neroli. The petrichor middle is much more distinct than that of the soap. In fact, it reminds me of the times when my wife was a curator of a fish hatchery. On a few occasions, I would accompany her as she did routine checks. There was a large room that contained ozone generators. I don't claim to understand the process, but a lot of electricity was required by the humming generators, and there were invariably leaks. As a result, you didn't hang around this room very long, but it was quite an intense, metallic fragrance that was somehow calming at the same time. The middle of the splash captures this rainy, metallic/industrial vibe before moving on to my favorite part---the dry down. It is indeed the most gratifying part of this splash/cologne. The wet herbaceous aspect gathers a bit of dankness and is perhaps suggestive of hashish. The patchouli is a little more prominent than I'd anticipated, but it works very well. This unique fragrance is still detectable six hours later.

Pre: Shower
Razor: DE89 head with WCS handle
Blade: Personna Red
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Bowl: WCS lather bowl from an awesome member here!
Soap: Proraso Green
First try at cold shaving. I was pleasantly surprised! Super smooth shave and very refreshing on a hot day! All you could shavers out there are on to something!

BD012719-E8F2-44C5-B6F5-79D2ED1B6FF1.jpeg

Last edited:
D5F8F55F-E335-4EF0-B091-3C1C25E44B56.jpeg

Pre: Art of Shaving Pre-shave oil
Brush: La Maison du Barbier (Plisson) synthetic
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#4, flipped first, binned after)
Soap: Art of Shaving unscented cream
Post: Alum followed by AoS balm and Adidas get ready! aftershave

Found a few things cheap and thought I’d give them a whirl. AoS samples came in the small box pictured. $1 from Dollar Tree. The Adidas I found at Beall’s Outlet for $3.99. Probably my worst shave yet, but that could have been because it was fourth use of the blade and I’d flipped it. Didn’t really notice any difference with the pre-shave oil. Cream was below average. The balm was nice and I liked the aftershave!

Sunday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Schick (D7)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2012 Limited Edition Badger\Boar
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½” Walnut/Cherry
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Tiki Soaps Bay Rum w Lime Iced
Balm: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Dominica Bay Rum w lime

Status