What's new

La Toja?

Employed the La Toja again this morning on a 36-hour beard. No shower, but I did the hot face towel routine with a little La Toja as a pre-shave under it. Then I face-lathered the soap -- my ApShaveCo synthetic brush, as BudgetShaverGuy suggested, made for a much thicker lather -- and applied the Fatip OC Slant. Two passes on cheeks and lower lip, three on the throat; close, comfortable, no nicks or irritation.

The "cereal" scent is there again, but I wonder if it might be due to the Stirling Sharp Dressed Man aftershave combined with my no-name lotion and Clubman powder. Next time I use La Toja, I'll try my Clubman Special Reserve after the shave and see what I think.

Used La Toja again this a.m. on a 48-hour beard. It lathered up quite well, but for some reason my Merkur Progress seemed to drag on my face. Not the blade, but the head of the razor: It did not glide the way it has with Tabac, the other soap I've used with this razor. My first couple uses of La Toja did not exhibit this with the Fatip and the Red Tip last week. Puzzling. Still a good shave, but not as smooth as I'm used to.

Oh, and the cereal scent does not seem to be there this a.m. -- I used Clubman Special Reserve aftershave instead of Stirling Sharp Dressed Man. Maybe that made the difference.

Used the La Toja stick this a.m. with my Merkur Progress to slice away a 24-hour beard. No fuss, no trouble, good lather and slickness.

Generally not partial to creams, and not at all to sticks (strictly scuttle), but this is an exceptional soap in fragrance and performance. A tube of their cream has always been in my rotation for years. The only improvement would be if they made it in a puck! :001_smile

La Toja was a stick that I really wanted to like. If not for the mild skin irritation that it caused I would have liked it. I found it odd since I don't have sensitive skin.

La Toja was a stick that I really wanted to like. If not for the mild skin irritation that it caused I would have liked it. I found it odd since I don't have sensitive skin.

I'm waiting on mine to arrive, and this ^^^^ is what I'm worried about. No idea how the salts will react with my skin.

Do you think the vikings did a patch test? I drive fast, eat real cheese, and shave with a straight razor.

But they did use underarm deodorant!

proxy.php

Man. I'm bouts ta turn a stick into a puck and get down on some La Toja for the month of September. I can smell it in my mind *retarded backwards eyeroll and drool*

Generally not partial to creams, and not at all to sticks (strictly scuttle), but this is an exceptional soap in fragrance and performance. A tube of their cream has always been in my rotation for years. The only improvement would be if they made it in a puck! :001_smile

I grated 2 la toja sticks into a tub and now it’s a puck soap ! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom