I think this fits, Gents
ARKO! August, Wednesday 5
ATT SE1 Proline(9)
Omega 49
ARKO! Shaving Soap Stick
ARKO! Aftershave Cologne
ARKO! Aftershave Cream

Whistles Dixie.

After washing my face with Shea Butter Dove bar soap while the 49 soaked in warm water a few minutes, I swirled it around the tub I pressed the ARKO! stick in until it filled with lather.

Hot dog this big ol' brush got soft all of a sudden, it is loosing some of it's backbone, all of the scritch is gone, not one prickly bristle, and just a touch of scrub. It isn't ready to play with my Silver Tip, but is is slinging lather all over the rest of the piggies in the pen.

Once again I freestyled around my lips and chin, with emphasis on WTG strokes, but only using narrow parts of the blade. Instead of trying to keep the entire blade flat against my face, I am finding that I can just use the edges or just the middle, gently rocking the razor and using short strokes over the contours.
After trimming my sideburns a few quick nose to ear strokes on my face, I was ready to shave my neck.

Since it seemed like the second N-S pass took off more stubble than the first S-N pass yesterday, I completely abandoned the S-N pass. I concentrated on just letting the SE1 do its job, changing the angle to obtain maximum efficiency. I took my time, or so I thought, carefully stretching from different angles, just using the ends of the blade like an SR to get in the tight spots, always being mindful of the other end that isn't being used, so as to not unintentionally get a nick.
It sounds complicated, but is becoming natural.

As I rinsed my face off I noticed only 15 minutes had passed, instead of the usual 20-30 minutes, as I applied the Witch hazel, HA, then ARKO! aftershave cologne, and a dab of ARKO! aftershave cream.

BBS?????
WOW!!!

20200805_061228[1].jpg

I got my first puck of Arko yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. I wasn’t expecting much based on the price point and reading the many jabs Arko receives here.
I was pleasantly surprised, good lather and liked the scent, still got a few whiffs of it a few hours later. I’m not going all in as I rotate soaps but I’ll be an on the down low Arko user this month.

ARKO! August, Wednesday 5
ATT SE1 Proline(9)
Omega 49
ARKO! Shaving Soap Stick
ARKO! Aftershave Cologne
ARKO! Aftershave Cream

Whistles Dixie.

After washing my face with Shea Butter Dove bar soap while the 49 soaked in warm water a few minutes, I swirled it around the tub I pressed the ARKO! stick in until it filled with lather.

Hot dog this big ol' brush got soft all of a sudden, it is loosing some of it's backbone, all of the scritch is gone, not one prickly bristle, and just a touch of scrub. It isn't ready to play with my Silver Tip, but is is slinging lather all over the rest of the piggies in the pen.

Once again I freestyled around my lips and chin, with emphasis on WTG strokes, but only using narrow parts of the blade. Instead of trying to keep the entire blade flat against my face, I am finding that I can just use the edges or just the middle, gently rocking the razor and using short strokes over the contours.
After trimming my sideburns a few quick nose to ear strokes on my face, I was ready to shave my neck.

Since it seemed like the second N-S pass took off more stubble than the first S-N pass yesterday, I completely abandoned the S-N pass. I concentrated on just letting the SE1 do its job, changing the angle to obtain maximum efficiency. I took my time, or so I thought, carefully stretching from different angles, just using the ends of the blade like an SR to get in the tight spots, always being mindful of the other end that isn't being used, so as to not unintentionally get a nick.
It sounds complicated, but is becoming natural.

As I rinsed my face off I noticed only 15 minutes had passed, instead of the usual 20-30 minutes, as I applied the Witch hazel, HA, then ARKO! aftershave cologne, and a dab of ARKO! aftershave cream.

BBS?????
WOW!!!

View attachment 1135248
Bam! Nice report fine sir. Ya that Omega 49 surprised me at how soft it really was. I've only had mine a few weeks now so still getting used to it. In fact, I think i'll use mine today too!

All the cult really as
I got my first puck of Arko yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. I wasn’t expecting much based on the price point and reading the many jabs Arko receives here.
I was pleasantly surprised, good lather and liked the scent, still got a few whiffs of it a few hours later. I’m not going all in as I rotate soaps but I’ll be an on the down low Arko user this month.
All the cult really asks is that you give it an honest shot. And then once you fall in love with all with its grandeur in slickness, price, and scent, that you offer the Kool-Aid to others :biggrin1:

Glad you liked it! Jump into the fray of Arko August whenever you feel like it we'll be here :)

All the cult really as

All the cult really asks is that you give it an honest shot. And then once you fall in love with all with its grandeur in slickness, price, and scent, that you offer the Kool-Aid to others :biggrin1:

Glad you liked it! Jump into the fray of Arko August whenever you feel like it we'll be here :)
I drank the Kool Aid years ago, I'm now totally indoctrinated. I'm Arko to the core lol

Another day, another boar, another round of Arko.

Another stellar shave.

That said, the GC.84 is not as intuitive as the Rockwell. I'm getting close shaves, but they are taking more attention to detail and still aren't as close as the 6S on plate 5. I'm going to give it time, but maybe I'll learn - once again, for the 1000th time - to stick with what works.

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
FoolishMortal
Cphobes
Brian C.
alla2465
bjm
psfred
bluesman 7
RumpleBearskin
ksblazer
fast shaver
Chandu
MrBeez
Ace the Masta
FarmerTan
ajkel64
Sotiris_A
Billski
sdimartino
gsurko
Southern_S
Ted A
mph14205
mio_cuggino
TBoner
tbhoff
doug1066
Acmemfg
Rosseforp
BigD
Hak.1963
Alohawyatt
Azwetshaver
Borderite
sternej

Arko whole-hog (once a category of one, now twice the size)
Owen Bawn
Yukonmark

Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
Smooth and Sharp
ChiefHA
Jmp63
Leo501
sternej
Messygoon
Ravenonrock
Chard52142
Roedeer
esoteric
RenoRichard
Starsky
redrako
Ad Astra
Flintstone65
fightingillini22
Chef455
MickeyFinn
Soxfan4life
Cool Shave Luke

Arko is a no-go (no Arko, no way)
RayClem
HarryAU570
lancre

Arko in Limbo (maybe?)
IMightBeWrong
Ascet

Day 5 it is folks. Switched back to the tub today. Overall, a great shave!

Today I used: A Gillette '65 SS with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blade, and a Omega 10049 boar brush. It really is a beast. I'm not 100% sure of the knot size though. I've seen both 26mm and 27mm posted on various sites. Anyone know the actual knot size?

DE00DBEF-1510-4A63-A349-E2977A54797C.jpeg
6189BEDB-893C-4CC2-8294-D95B8912DC02.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
That said, the GC.84 is not as intuitive as the Rockwell. I'm getting close shaves, but they are taking more attention to detail and still aren't as close as the 6S on plate 5. I'm going to give it time, but maybe I'll learn - once again, for the 1000th time - to stick with what works.
My GC-84P is very sensitive to blade selection. The difference between a Super-Max Blue Diamond and a Gillette Platinum was night and day. And the Blue Diamond gave me great shaves.

Arko shave #5 for me! Quick shave was excellent DFS+ and I went to my Simpsons Chubby 1 in Best today. For the last few days I've been using a Yaqi Aqua badger, which isn't bad at all, but with the Chubby the lather nearly exploded off my face. And, I used less product too. Tomorrow I'll try a Simpsons Eagle and see how it goes.

Keep safe all!

Gung-ho August all the way.
Arko Deodorant Stick.
There is a random amount of soap in a makeshift spent travel-sized deodorant stick. The original idea was to have enough to make it threw a week-long trip. I put it on the scales. Forty-seven grams was the gross weight. I don't know how much Arko is making up those forty-seven grams. If I 3017 it. I should be able to reweigh the empty stick. That should give my usage. There is a backup supply just in case I need it for the rest of august.
I snapped a picture of the repurposed stinky stick. Exciting stuff!!!! :c9: I don't usually shave every day. But I do have a new razor on the way. So that could change.

27694FEF-9DB8-4299-BE07-FCBDB133B7FB.jpeg

Arko August Stinky Stick

Shave 1.
8-1-2020
Soap: ARKO in a deodorant stick 47 Grams gross weight
Razor: fatip gentle
Blade: Dorco st-301 (1)
Brush: VDH badger
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
2 pass some touch up DFS

Top Bottom