What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Daily Shave: 03 August 2020

DSCF2197.JPG

Prep: Lectric Shave
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O-clock Green Blade #1 Shave #3 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- using distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 10.0 / 10.0 BBS Another fine shave this morning. Once again, no tugging or dragging, along with no nicks or weepers.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit cream
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar
Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Feather (1)
Post-Shave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Lustray Spice

I still have quite a few razor blades from tryablade.com hanging around and wanted to try a Feather in the Mamba razor being that it's a mild shaver. My next step in the journey is to fine-tune the razors I have with a blade that works best in them...or at least a blade that works very well in them. So...I'll be jumping around a bit over the next week or two. Today's experiment was to try a very sharp blade in a fairly mild razor. Will be trying this in my Fatip Nobile also...the mildest razor in my collection. The experiment worked well today, good shave with no issues.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

No picture today...pressed for time.

To celebrate my new Vostock watch, this shave had to be with a Voskhod blade! The former means East and the latter Dawn, so this is an eastern dawn shave - sort of. 🇷🇺

I also selected the Voskhod, since I don't recall trying one in the Rockwell before. As expected I got a double helping of smoothness. I used plate 5 for a change, as I wanted a slightly more efficient first pass than plate 4 usually gives, especially with three days growth.

Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Voskhod - 1st use
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger tonic
Bowl: Captain's Choice copper bowl

dkpwatson64_1596278959.jpg

Monday's Shave.jpg

Monday’s Shave

Back to a classic today: Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife. The brush is Rooney 1/3. The razor was my Gillette Tech loaded with a Personna Lab blade. After a four-pass shave, I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. The fragrance today was Jimmy Choo Man Intense.

An excellent shave. 10/10.

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (11; binned it after. Might have been able to get another shave out of it, but why risk it.)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender (shave stick)
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 10/10 - I rubbed the shave stick all over my face, looked in the mirror and figured I had enough soap, and started shaving without lathering! Had to stops and lather. Thankfully I had only done two strokes of the shave. In fairness, using a shave stick without lathering it is my "you woke up late and need a quick shave" method.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Aug 03 2020- Good morning to all, thought I would use my ASR Everready 1914 today, I always get great shaves with this razor and the Audio feed back lets you know where the stubble is still hiding on the face. Beard stubble does not stand much of a chance with the ER 1914 and is a nice mid range. I rarely get irritation or weepers even with a new blade. Excellent razor.....
Razor: Everready 1914(AKA LLC or Little lather catcher) with 1st generation blade stops- Mfg 1914-17 excellent mid range IMO with great audio feedback.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic with black marble handle- Favorite brush for lathering + soft tips.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) :001_wub: Very sharp and smooths out over time, great longevity & very inexpensive per shave.
Soap: Razorock XXX:thumbsup:- I like the freshness scent with great lather qualities.(A.S. same scent after dry down)
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX:thumbsup: with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17: Excellent shave with my ER 1914 LLC razor.

MMMonday Aug 3 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Think safe in these times!

Razor: Gem Junior with brass bulldog handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Soap Smooth Barbershop
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 9.5
20200802_075133.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Clinique for Men Face Scrub
- Clinique for Men Exfoliating Tonic
- Mitchells Wool Fat

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Dolce & Gabbana The One aftershave balm
- Kiehls Age Defender Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
First shave with a BIC Chrome Platinum and it impressed on its first outing. 3 pass shave (WTG, XTG, XTG) and a fourth ATG pass on the cheeks. It felt very similar to last weeks Israeli Red, a sharp and smooth blade that gave a close, irritation free shave with no feedback from the alum block.

Last edited:

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Monday afternoon shave

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Fendrihan Black and White Synthetic
Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda

Ive commented a few times that the 34C feels small in my hand, but I’ve come to really like this razor. Paired with a new Feather blade, it is a precise tool for providing a close and comfortable shave. It’s light and nimble and works well for daily shaving. The Lavanda cream is a departure from the Arko I’ve used the last few days. The fragrance is complex with a cooling menthol face feel. I’m in for Arko August, but I’m rotating in my favourites. After shave splash is fresh, fairly mild, pleasant fragrance.
9F3A3CC6-3D45-46D0-A72C-5DF6A3CDCFEE.jpeg

9/10

Top Bottom