What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

Greetings from England. I have just acquired a carton of these English 12s and wondered of their age- from design of boxes maybe 20s or 30s? They are cool as hell. Joined up just to find out more apologies if posted in wrong place

Attachments

• ever ready 12.jpg
    ever ready 12.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Checking these Ever ready brushes are trying to find a badger. When looking around most ads don't see what kind of hair they are and I don't know the numbers to look for. I'm hoping I can find one in good shape that's nice and soft even if it takes a while. What numbers does a guy need to be looking for? Some of you guys know these pretty good

Checking these Ever ready brushes are trying to find a badger. When looking around most ads don't see what kind of hair they are and I don't know the numbers to look for. I'm hoping I can find one in good shape that's nice and soft even if it takes a while. What numbers does a guy need to be looking for? Some of you guys know these pretty good

Almost all of the ones I’ve run across have been badger. And the higher the model number, the higher quality brush.

Almost all of the ones I’ve run across have been badger. And the higher the model number, the higher quality brush.
Actually that might help, I appreciate that. I've heard lately work some of them are very soft with not much backbone, something I would prefer.

That is exactly what I have found, and I have a few of these brushes that are in unused or barely used condition. The knots are very soft and the backbone is rather low. But they are a joy to use.

That is exactly what I have found, and I have a few of these brushes that are in unused or barely used condition. The knots are very soft and the backbone is rather low. But they are a joy to use.

At one time I thought this type of badger brush was this way ("soft and the backbone is rather low") was due to years of use - and I'm sure that some are - but I've been leaning more to this is the way they were made. I face lather so most of my vintage brushes that are in rotation tend to be boars.

When it comes to these old brushes, it's all about the handles for me.

-jim

That's what I'm looking for run used or slightly used with good hair. I'm just trying to figure out which one.

Can anybody say with definitiveness whether Ever-Ready #200 brushes were boar or badger? I recently picked up one NOS, so would like to know what I'm using. See attached photos.

I usually am the one restoring these vintage brushes, so NOS territory is new for me. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1579.PNG
    IMG_1579.PNG
    5.6 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1592.jpg
    IMG_1592.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Can anybody say with definitiveness whether Ever-Ready #200 brushes were boar or badger? I recently picked up one NOS, so would like to know what I'm using. See attached photos.

I usually am the one restoring these vintage brushes, so NOS territory is new for me. Thanks!

Pretty! I have a few of these 200s but never a NOS in the box one. I'm pretty sure it's boar dyed to look like badger. I'm not sure why they bothered doing that. But the ones I have that are still good knots seem to be of a good quality.

-jim

Yes, that is definitely 'banded' boar, boar dyed to give a badger impression.

My Ever-Ready line up:
L to R
1 Price code 300, lucite base, 'SET IN RUBBER'
2 Code 500BN ($5, badger&nylon),
"Badgerlon by Ever-Ready"
3 Code 100, this one is a shedder
4 Code 100T
5 Code 100 (perhaps still in production branded Barbasol)

5876EDEB-083F-4EA8-9148-CC0C1C97A95F.jpeg

Long story short. I ended up with two brush handles. This one is not in great shape, I understand that. I don't know what it's plan is for the future. It may get nothing. I may mess with it down the road for a reknot if I think it may hold together.

What got me is I find no info for this brush. Not a peep about it or a picture online anywhere. Any ideas what this is?

KM

PXL_20201022_013709480.jpg
PXL_20201022_013600645.jpg

All of the ones like you have that I've seen are definitely boar... and yours looks like the ER boar knots. Hope that helps.
Cleave

I have a bunch of E-R brushes now. The latest is a bit unusual, a cute little red guy coded 200BH. It has a hybrid knot, a thin outer wall of either badger or banded boar surrounding a core of brown horse. 80mm high, loft is 20x40. After first use, I can report it is very soft.
0CDC6610-9152-44EA-A213-79605A83BE5B.jpeg

41D7B519-C037-4E10-8484-2417687701C9.jpeg

1EC17942-E399-4003-AB9A-8179DA665C25.jpeg

I have a bunch of E-R brushes now. The latest is a bit unusual, a cute little red guy coded 200BH. It has a hybrid knot, a thin outer wall of either badger or banded boar surrounding a core of brown horse. 80mm high, loft is 20x40. After first use, I can report it is very soft.
View attachment 1281831
View attachment 1281832
View attachment 1281833

The "BH" stands for "Brush & Holder" This was meant to be either a travel brush, or one that you could stand on the counter in its matching holder.

1623766651241.png

Top Bottom