What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing (Bullet Tip) 1950
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (7)
Brush: La Maison du Barbier: Plisson 23mm
Lather: Tcheon Fung Sing: Paolo Barrasso Blue (Special edition)
Aftershave: Stirling Iced Pineapple (Splash)
View attachment 1131140
Shave Rating: 9.8/10
Who’s Bad! I’m Bad!... Bring Out the Bad Boy Razor.
Yep...when I hold this razor it brings out the bad boy in me. Hell! I’m even wearing my black leather jacket while shaving with this baby.
But can it shave? You bet!
Since I started shaving with these vintage GEM razors I’ve only used one single blade. I have used this blade for five different GEM razors up to now, and this is my seventh shave. I figured I was at the tail end of this blades integrity and would retire it after this shave...not gonna happen! The blade and razor gave me a wonderful smooth, irritation free close shave. This blade is sticking around for round eight.
Although it doesn’t say it anywhere on the tin or the box, this Italian soap is made by Tcheon Fung Sing. It doesn’t claim any top secret new base formula, it’s just excellent soap that lathers and glides like any quality soap should. Although they call it a soap, it is softer than TOBS and can shift in the can. Very nice post shave skin feeling. Highly recommend.
I don’t have any AC and there’s a heat warning in effect 29°C (feels like 40°C) ...104°F.
I have to get out of this black leather jacket before I melt.
...be bad, but stay safe!

I have never heard of this soap (or soap maker) before. It's summer and I am using Proraso green. This soap sounds like a another great one for hot days

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil liquid soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Br
ush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Home brew, ground shave stick and Palmolive shaving cream
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Supermax
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Copy of lll.jpg

Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing (Bullet Tip) 1950
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (7)
Brush: La Maison du Barbier: Plisson 23mm
Lather: Tcheon Fung Sing: Paolo Barrasso Blue (Special edition)
Aftershave: Stirling Iced Pineapple (Splash)
View attachment 1131140
Shave Rating: 9.8/10
Who’s Bad! I’m Bad!... Bring Out the Bad Boy Razor.
Yep...when I hold this razor it brings out the bad boy in me. Hell! I’m even wearing my black leather jacket while shaving with this baby.
But can it shave? You bet!
Since I started shaving with these vintage GEM razors I’ve only used one single blade. I have used this blade for five different GEM razors up to now, and this is my seventh shave. I figured I was at the tail end of this blades integrity and would retire it after this shave...not gonna happen! The blade and razor gave me a wonderful smooth, irritation free close shave. This blade is sticking around for round eight.
Although it doesn’t say it anywhere on the tin or the box, this Italian soap is made by Tcheon Fung Sing. It doesn’t claim any top secret new base formula, it’s just excellent soap that lathers and glides like any quality soap should. Although they call it a soap, it is softer than TOBS and can shift in the can. Very nice post shave skin feeling. Highly recommend.
I don’t have any AC and there’s a heat warning in effect 29°C (feels like 40°C) ...104°F.
I have to get out of this black leather jacket before I melt.
...be bad, but stay safe!

think I remember squeaking out about 10 shaves per blade......continue using end of life blade in an aggressive GEM razor and you might be able to get a few more.

camo

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10
20200503_090303.jpg

It will always be a good day when you grab your favorite scent. Today is that day for me and as an added bonus it was darn cold.

The razor and blade going on day 4 and had two red dots appear and then disappear with cold water. No harm no foul there. The WH and Stirling splash always give such a great post shave feel.

I grabbed a synthetic brush today after three days of badger and it is a different feel but the lather just looks different. It doesn't work less well or anything like that. It just looks different. Like when I see these big heads of lather on a brush and they are all peaky. I can't do that with a synthetic brush or a boar really. I can do that with a badger. But my badger hold SO MUCH lather where as my synthetic will build it right out of the bowl. Neither is better but more so a preference in my opinion.

8.5/10

KM

IMG_20200727_063529.jpg

WhatsIs Again:

Brush: DG Jefferson B9B
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 3rd Gen
Blade: Feather SS (8)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Behold the Whatsis - Soap
Post Shave: Barrister and Mann - Behold the Whatsis - Aftershave

Switched up to the Aristocrat today (been using the Aristocrat Jr. the past couple shave) - I find this razor a tad smoother than the AJ, despite the having the same razor head.

Feather blade did it's magic once again and I had a very close shave. I find my skin feels a little bit raw during and after the shave but nothing too crazy. I'm glad I'm able to shave with a sharper blade without too much skin irritation - tells me my technique has improved.

Monday is here and it's a rough start - have a great day all!

proxy.php

Today Royal mail delivered some Palmolive cream to Canada.
3 passes shave. On first pass was telling myself the Cream is okay. Good scent and okay lather. As I was progressing to the shave I was adding water and ended on 3rd pass with a very good lather so this cream is an excellent performance/price product. I still prefer proraso green and Tobs but for the price you cant go wrong.
Razor : Supply single edge v2
Brush: Fendrihan tuxedo synth.
Preshave : Col conk original ps oil (addictive scent, smells like ointment 30yrs ago)
Cream : Palmolive
Cold rinse between each pass ( tried that after reading someone doing it and it's fabulous)
Thayers witch Hazel lavender
Aftershave : Stirling Baker Street ( intense stinging but doesnt last, pleasant scent wife's approved)
Finally a perfect shave (by perfect I dont mean BBS, I just mean...perfect)
10/10
What a nice hobby we got.
IMG_20200727_182707.jpg

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Black earthenware bowl

Brush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Home Brew shaving soap

Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Gillete 7 o’clock Permasharp First pass, then put the blade in a Wilkinson TTO
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix
Fragrance:- Lacoste

1st and very simple shave with Wilkinson Classic and 7 o’clock. Not a fan of the Gillette 7 o’clock Permasharp, I find it just plain rough but almost useable in the Wilkinson Classic, as I have this blade as a pack of 10 I am going to persevere with it

The home brew shaving soap is a mixture of a grated Palmolive shave stick and a small amount of aerosol shaving gel, mixed together with about 50ml of water, then heated in an oven until it is about 5x the original volume, this settles back a little on cooling. The result is a firm block of shaving soap that works very well indeed. The odd thing is that the volume in the pot doesn’t go down, I have been using this pot for 2 weeks now and the mixture is still full to the brim.

7/10

13.02.jpg

Top Bottom