What's new

PIF: Newbie C-19 Blessings PIF

I finally got everything together to do a PIF I've been wanting to do and here it is.

The Newbie C-19 Blessings PIF

Covid-19 has hit a lot of people very hard. There are a lot of negativity and other emotions surrounding it. So let's get away from that. That's have some positivism in an otherwise dark and dreary time.

This is real simple and there is really only one requirement and one request.

The one rule:

This PIF is only open to New Members who joined between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020.

The request:

Share something positive that has happened for you, your family or a close friend during the Pandemic.

The PIF will close Saturday August 1, 2020 at 11:59 pm CDT. Any entries after this time will not be eligible.
I will draw a winner with an RNG on Sunday and mail out after receiving the winners info.

That's it. It's that easy.

The PIF includes:

WCS 78S straight bar razor
Maggard Slant w/WCS 84S handle
100 Astra SP blades (one of the top blades on B&B)
WCS Hand Thrown Lather Bowl
A brand new Omega 10049 Boar Brush
A puck of Modern Williams (everybody should try it once)
A puck of Arko (everyone should try it once too)

And five (5) generous soap samples of other B&B favorites:

Martin de Candre Original
Proraso Green
Proraso Red
Cella Original (Red)
Cella Extra Extra Bio (Green)

IMG_4817.jpg

Now for my blessing. Due to C-19, schools closed early. My wife works for the school system and usually watches grandbabies during the summer. She has needed surgery on her hands for a couple of years now but she just couldn't seem to work out the time or the money. Because of all of the C-19 stuff, she had the time for the surgery and the time to heal properly. The stimulus provided the money. She has now had the surgery and feels better than she ever has and is ready to go back to work when school starts in a week. So all of this really ended up being a blessing in disguise for us.

Now, let's begin the PIF and hear your blessings.

God Bless you all and Happy Shaves,

Brian

What a great idea. I'm in.
One of the hardships for me was losing a job that I loved. The blessing came to me after discovering that my job was taking me away from my loved ones. Now I get to share my good times with family.

What a great idea. I'm in.
One of the hardships for me was losing a job that I loved. The blessing came to me after discovering that my job was taking me away from my loved ones. Now I get to share my good times with family.

I’m in industrial maintenance. I really feel this one. Time with family is always a blessing. Thank you for sharing with us.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Im in. Very generous of you.
Hard part : covid didnt come alone for my family. On March 19th, on my wife's 39th birthday, she received a breast cancer diagnostic. Im working from home since the begining of covid and we keep our 2 little ones at home to not bring any virus because wife immune system is down cause of chemotherapy.
Blessings: we never spent so much time all together, we enjoy every day spent with our 2 and 4 yo. Plus I discovered this awesome hobby that is wetshaving during covid.

I'm most defintely not a newbie so I'm not in on the PIF. But I can add a few words about something good that has happened during this Covid-19 Pandemic. For at least the past 10 years i've been solely focused on work such that exercise became non-existent for me. I guess every once in a while I'd get out on the bike for a bit but nothing like I had done while in my 40's and younger. As a result I got fat and out of shape. I also wasn't happy. Then when I lost my job, it sent me in a tailspin of depression. Well, during this pandemic I've made up my mind that sitting around doing nothing was just making me worse and worse. So I started talking to someone profressionally which has helped some. But in May I got back on the bike and have been averaging about 50 miles a week. I've been tracking my rides on Strava and since I had started from such a poor place physically, I began to see noticeable improvement in both my ability to go longer distances and at faster average speeds. And I'm even able to improve in the really hot weather we've been having with temps in the 90's and high humidity. When I started riding I had gotten myself down to about 215 lbs but was stuck there. The other day I got on the scale and it read 207. I haven't been that weight in years. A lot of this is diet. I'm actually eating better as I'm doing all the cooking. If I can get the scale to read 205 by Wednesday of next week, that will be the best birthday present I could possible give myself. And I'm down from my all time peak weight of 225. 205 is definitely doable by Wednesday. So, this time of having to sit around and do nothing got me to become fed up with the downtrodden me and I've begun reworking myself into the younger old me. And it's having a nice impact on my mental health as well. If I can do it, anyone can.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
A very generous PIF, respectfully not in. I count my blessings every day, it can be hard to see them sometimes but they are there. My Mother passed away from Covid in April and it has been tough. I take comfort that in her final four years she saw me living a sober, dignified, and happy life after almost losing everything to alcohol. I will remain sober for the rest of my life as a lasting legacy for her. The last few months has proven to me that my abstinence is solid and built on a firm foundation; that is my positive 👍

Very generous PIF. Count me in. Over the past year my wife has been looking to change career fields after 6 years there. Well 97 job applications later and no idea that she’d find a job during this pandemic, my wife started her new job/career on June 8th! We are extremely blessed. Thank you @Brian C. for putting this together! Thank you everyone for sharing the things you’re grateful for, I’m looking forward to reading more posts here. It’s a great reminder that even during the trials in life God is still there and he is good. Have a great day everyone, God bless!

A very generous PIF, respectfully not in. I count my blessings every day, it can be hard to see them sometimes but they are there. My Mother passed away from Covid in April and it has been tough. I take comfort that in her final four years she saw me living a sober, dignified, and happy life after almost losing everything to alcohol. I will remain sober for the rest of my life as a lasting legacy for her. The last few months has proven to me that my abstinence is solid and built on a firm foundation; that is my positive [emoji106]

Condolences and one day at a time brother. 20 years drug free here. You can do it.

Very generous PIF. Count me in. Over the past year my wife has been looking to change career fields after 6 years there. Well 97 job applications later and no idea that she’d find a job during this pandemic, my wife started her new job/career on June 8th! We are extremely blessed. Thank you @Brian C. for putting this together! Thank you everyone for sharing the things you’re grateful for, I’m looking forward to reading more posts here. It’s a great reminder that even during the trials in life God is still there and he is good. Have a great day everyone, God bless!

That is great to hear. I wish you and her all the best.

Awesome PIF! Not eligible. For me one good thing has been spending more time with my immediate family both in person and virtually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please count me in for this very generous PIF.

Based on the excellent intent of this thread, I'll focus only on the positive things that this substantial change in situations has brought to my life.

The first thing major thing is that being at home pretty much continuously enabled my wife and I to spend much more time together. As we are both very busy with work, this time together is certainly a blessing. It has also forced us to address some of the problems and issues that have been under the surface neither of us were taking the time to analyze and deal with. Although initially unpleasant, We are now probably closer than we have ever been.

The second thing has to deal with the company I work for. Although many companies in my field have been cutting junior employees and support staff like crazy, mine has made it a point to keep everyone fully employed, even though there isn't full time work for everyone right now. Additionally, one of the employees has a severely immunocompromised child, and it has been refreshing to see how much effort and expense management has been to ensure that our office is as safe as possible for him (and all other employees) for the initial stages of office re-opening and for the eventual future re-opening.

Additionally, since I am allowed (and required) to work from home, I decided to indefinitely move back to my hometown and live with my parents again until I have in person-requirements with work. Being here indefinitely has dramatically reduced the stress that we were encountering from living in very close quarters in the downtown area of a major metropolitan city. My family is spread all across the country, and I have not had much time or interaction with most of them since the age of 18. It has been great to spend such an extended period of time with my parents, and also my sister (who has moved back in due to current border restrictions in the country she has planned to move to earlier this May). I can't think of any point in my career that I would have been able to do this without the forced work from home due to COVID.

My profession has a lot of negative aspects to it, but due to the economic disturbances as a result of this situation, the higher-ups have allowed and encouraged me to do a lot of volunteer work "on the clock" as a result of disproportionate impacts of the pandemic (and resent riots) on economically disadvantaged sectors of our community, which is important to me, but I would have had a much greater difficulty justifying absent the recent destabilizing events. I have had more work than I have ever had, largely as a result of the pandemic. Although this has resulted in some unpleasant changes to my personal life and free time, it has given me a lot more experience in my profession, and emphasized my worth to the company in a time where so many others are having their hours cut or lost their jobs entirely.

Last but not least, these major changes in daily life have caused my to take more "introspective" time, and I have chosen to start shaving again, and to do it "properly," which has been very relaxing for me and caused me read and heed the advice from individuals on this forum.

Most importantly, it is a blessing that no one in my family or circle of friends has been infected and no one has had any unrelated health problems so far this year.

Hope you are all healthy, happy, and well.

Top Bottom