What's new

Razorock synthetic brushes..which one?

Hi everyone,

I want to add a synthetic brush to my collection and had a look at the Razorock ones, I assume the fibre is the same on all (plisoft) so it comes down to knot size and handle don't want to go beyond a 24mm though so help me out guys which one would you choose out of these ⬇️

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have two Razorock Plissoft 24mm brushes and they are slightly different in feel because of the loft setting or different types of thickness whiskers in the knot.
I would buy the Snowman brush hands down because its on sale and it has the Tuxedo knot 24mm, I was thinking of buying The Snowman but then yaqi had their sale last Nov 2019 and bought a couple of their Tuxedo knots. Razorock gets other brush Manufactures to make their brand to their specifications.
These are the two brushes I have with the Plissoft knots, Very enjoyable to use and good lathering generators with soft tips for a excellent price.
Regular 24mm Plissoft- very nice brush in all ways................Noir 400 24mm black whiskers- reminds of a boar brush.
Razorock plissoft 24mm (2).jpg
Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft 24mm (2).jpg

1595474802758.png
Razorock Snowman 24mm Tuxedo knot Plissoft.
I like synthetics knots because you can abuse them a little and dry nicely for the next day.
Have some great shaves.

I have the snowman and the Big Bruce. I like them both very much. They are very easy to use, super soft and very good performers. The snowman has a good handle I agree, the Big Bruce makes a lot of leather easily.

The Razorock Plissoft brush I have is pretty decent, but the Yaqi brushes I own are better, especially the Segrada Familia.
Yes looking at that one as well, but I don't like oversized knots and from what I hear Yaqi knots measurements aren't always spot on for example 24mm which or more close to a 26mm

I have the snowman and the Big Bruce. I like them both very much. They are very easy to use, super soft and very good performers. The snowman has a good handle I agree, the Big Bruce makes a lot of leather easily.
Kinda like the regular sized Bruce I assume its a 24mm knot

I had the Razorock Monster with the Plissoft and the 400 with the black synthetic. I gave away the 400, it never felt comfortable, but the Monster is still in the den and in regular rotation.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have a Plissoft 24mm in the barber style handle from 2015. It doesn't get used often any more but each time I use it I'm surprised at how good it is.

I've got 5 RR brushes and like them all. They are:

Plissoft (the original)
Bruce (regular size)
Monster
Beehive
400 in butterscotch with the noir knot

I really like them all. And I use all of them except the Monster simply because it falls in between the Plissoft/Bruce and the Beehive in size. Plus, I'm not crazy about the handle. But the rest are in my regular brush rotation. You won't go wrong with any of them, including the Monster.

At the risk of derailing the thread (since you asked about RR synthetics specifically), I would really encourage you to look at the AP Shave Co. synthetics. His Tuxedo brushes are fantastic.

I also just got a Shavemac synthetic, and I am really blown away. When I started wetshaving, synthetics were really looked down upon; now they are both cheaper and better than most (but not all) of the badger brushes I have used.

At the risk of derailing the thread (since you asked about RR synthetics specifically), I would really encourage you to look at the AP Shave Co. synthetics. His Tuxedo brushes are fantastic.

I also just got a Shavemac synthetic, and I am really blown away. When I started wetshaving, synthetics were really looked down upon; now they are both cheaper and better than most (but not all) of the badger brushes I have used.
Thx for the tip...definitely will check them out as well 👍

Top Bottom