What's new

Tobacco Acquirements July 2020

A few Encores & Opus X from my local B&M, plus my Luxury Cigar July subscription.
401A954B-D594-4F09-B0B5-06D48171718D.jpeg

DD676F20-1E01-4DBA-AB21-3E6E82E78A60.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have an estate Kaywoodie Bulldog and it's a real winner. Very nice pickups!
Thanks. And only $30 Including shipping. My dad only smoked Kaywoodies and Half and Half tobacco. I wanted to recreate the experience I guess. It was a good experience sitting on the patio smoking H&H in an old Kaywoodie watching fireworks tonight. Schnauzers didn’t enjoy the experience so much from under the bed though 😂.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Just received 1/2lb of PS 41 Cube Cut. Smoking it now. Wonderful simply delicious stuff. Lights easily and stays 🔥. I’m bestowing the honorable codger Burley blend award. Having it in a MM Country Gentleman Brandon.
Glad you like it. I figured you would, the casing and all seemed right up your alley.

ED93DA67-9F07-4B49-B6DC-04986D0C031C.jpeg
7D45BFD2-0272-4988-89D5-670D9FB8BAAC.jpeg
812C62E8-5AEC-4E4A-9A0B-2FF838485B1E.jpeg

Dark Fired Leather custom pipe pouch. Lined with my family tartan, red boot stitching, and finished with a latch.

Not for daily but will hold enough for when I travel. This matches the rest of my motorcycle kit too.

I like the pipe pouch so much he is now making me a matching razor roll for my 7 day set of straights. Hahaha

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Glad you like it. I figured you would, the casing and all seemed right up your alley.
I was laughing about the fellow’s one star review on P & C because it tasted like Half and Half and it turns out he was dead on it. I’ve been smoking alternately all day in briar and cob and except for the cut, it is hard to tell the difference. They may not be twin brothers but they are certainly brothers. When I figure out the initial packing and subsequent tamping to get a consistent draw with the cube, I could go with either. The cube is less costly and available in bulk which is an advantage but I will likely continue with both.

Hey, @ksblazer, how'd you find that Haunted Bookshop? I've gotten a few ounces from my local B&M, but they've been pretty dry. How was yours?

For all the dryness, still a very tasty smoked though.

I haven't tried it yet from where I bought it. I got a sampler of pipe tobaccos from a friend and it was one that I really enjoyed.

Will let you know when I try it. I'm just getting into pipes. So I may not be the most descriptive though.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Got some new Morgan Bones today (yesterday, technically). Capped Calabash, Fat Calabash, and Balldog.

IMG_20200715_124204626.jpg

I'm really happy with the size of these pipes, compared with the other Bones I have (excluding the Radiator bowl). Chamber-wise, my first three aren't small, but it's nice to have something other than nosewarmers, as much as I like them.
IMG_20200715_124447996.jpg

I'm particularly pleased with the size of the Fat Calabash. Here it is compared with my Peterson Dracula 05.
IMG_20200715_124510563.jpg

And here's a comparison of the chamber diameter. The Pete's a bit bigger, but I also tend to smoke it a bit hot, so the thicker walls on the Bones are welcome.
IMG_20200715_124529815.jpg

And since all of my Bones tend to color the same way (uneven coloring based on hand placement, followed by a coat of mineral oil to make it uniform), I decided to play with some stain this time. The Capped Calabash is now the Gray Ghost.
IMG_20200715_152038326.jpg

I really like the color on that one. Almost a battleship gray, and I love me some battleships. I was having a serious debate with myself about staining the Fat Calabash, and I was going to solicit your opinions, but a busy day at work means I'm posting this much later than I had planned, so I've already decided to do it, and I'll show you tomorrow.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Inspired by @Kilroy6644, and being a sucker for a nice bulldog...I too purchased a Bones Balldog. I love it! The size and shape are right up my alley and the grain is beautiful. I plan to let mine color naturally.
20200718_131835.jpg

I also recieved some snuff boxes from my smoke shop in the UK and 12 snuff bullets from Toque...its been a good morning for tobacco around here!

Look what showed up in the mail! I've wanted a Ron Powell pipe for awhile, but the stars never seemed to align. This pipe showed up the other day and it checked too many boxes to pass up. I thought about it for about 90 seconds and took the plunge. It is awaiting its first smoke, hopefully in a day or two. Now to figure out what to put in that big bowl. (picture is Ron's and as with most pipes, the pipe in hand is even more stunning.)
proxy.php

Top Bottom