What's new

Not looking good for MLB season

Major league baseball players and all of the coaches, managers, trainers, etc. are being paid their full salary.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Yup. I thought I read that even the support staff at the stadiums are getting paid. But I can’t say for sure.

Great article in the NY Post today about Noah Synndegard and how the 2 seamer and throwing 90 MPH sliders with max effort blew out his elbow.

No kidding, really?

Baseball is such a mess these days. Pitch counts HURT pitchers more than help. Instead of pitching to contact, they max effort everything knowing they have only so many bullets that day. You know what happens when you max effort lifting? You get hurt. Same thing

I'm in serious sports withdrawal at this point. I was really excited about seeing the Braves play this season.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Supposedly the Gov. of CA says sporting events, concerts, festivals, etc may not happen until there is a vaccine available. If that’s the case MLB is def. canceled for the year.

Supposedly the Gov. of CA says sporting events, concerts, festivals, etc may not happen until there is a vaccine available. If that’s the case MLB is def. canceled for the year.
Hopefully they give a refund for MLB.tv or it run out after the 21 season. Same for season ticket holders.

I have heard that playing in AZ is on hold right now. There seems to be a dispute about freedom of movement by the players when they finish a game.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I haven't missed it. No one is more surprised about that than I am, but I guess the sign stealing scandal jaded me more than I thought it did.

Seeing what MLB.tv is doing doesn't make me miss it any more. Terrible.

now I cant get my hopes up for Seattle making the playoffs and then blowing it all up in the second half of the season? or maybe they just start midway through and they stink the entire second half :)

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I tried watching a South Korean game the other day. Nope. Not for me. No fans. Commentators at their respective homes in the United States. It didn’t work.
I really need my baseball fix and old games don’t cut it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m reading a 50 game regular season.

I’m also reading a 114 game season. And players can opt-out of playing considering the pay cuts.

I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD DECIDE ON SOMETHING SOON.

AMERICA NEEDS SOME TYPE OF DISTRACTION.

MLB. NHL. NFL. NBA. MLS. NASCAR.

SOOOOOMMMMMEEEETTHHHHINNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
July 23 or 24.

50 games. Or 60 games. Or pretty much how ever many they can get in before it’s canceled again.

Also some good new for the MLB.TV (MLB At Bat) subscribers like myself - You have 2 options for a refund on the season - Option 1: a $74 credit on your account towards next year. Option 2: a $74 refund this year.

To get the refund this year you have to request it. Otherwise you will just get an automatic credit on your account for next year. I’m just taking the credit for next year.

July 23 or 24.

50 games. Or 60 games. Or pretty much how ever many they can get in before it’s canceled again.

Also some good new for the MLB.TV (MLB At Bat) subscribers like myself - You have 2 options for a refund on the season - Option 1: a $74 credit on your account towards next year. Option 2: a $74 refund this year.

To get the refund this year you have to request it. Otherwise you will just get an automatic credit on your account for next year. I’m just taking the credit for next year.
I took the refund. I don't know if I'm getting it next yr or not.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I took the refund. I don't know if I'm getting it next yr or not.
Who knows if they are even playing!

I did the credit just cause I’m too lazy to go through the process of requesting the refund.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I just heard while watching the Cubs that the prelim schedule for next year is the same setup as this year. Central vs Central, East vs East, West Vs West.

Top Bottom