What's new

Yaqi brushes: a "candy store" for wet shavers.

I have the Sagrada Familia Tuxedo along with four badgers (26mm Moka Express Two Band and Mysterious Space, Black Marble and Red Resin, all 24mm Silver Tip). All great brushed but the Sagrada handle is just a bit too short for my hands.
11.11 is the way to go if you can wait but the prices seem to vary by the hour. At least that was my experience. Also, the inconsistency in shipping charges is puzzling.

As already mentioned by posters above, it was indeed bought during the 11.11 sale.
My Two-band Mysterious Space brush was $11.11 during the sale with free shipping! Difficult to resist.

I missed the Mountain Lake brush with a similar knot, unfortunately. You have to act fast before these things sell out during the 11.11 sale.

The 24mm Yaqi Two-band is plenty big. I think the 26mm badgers are actually a bit larger than their nominal size.

Purple Haze 24mm mew brown synthetic brush has not been mentioned yet, and it's pretty much my daily driver. If there's any question as to what brush I'll be using, it's my go-to workhorse. I've got other synthetic brushes from Stirling, Razorock, DSCosmetics, and other Yaqi synthetics, and this one is still my favorite of them all. The Familia Sagrada synthetic would be 2nd in line for me. Yaqi brushes are my favorites right now.

I have:

1. Moka Express 26 2 Band
2. High Mountain 24 silvetip
3. Silvertip 24
4.Tuxedo 24 Panda.

The best is the first etc. All of them are great "value for money".

I have a couple Yaqi brushes which are very good for the price. They also have some decent zamak razors which are good for the price as well. Their Tech is one of my current favorite razors.

In case you were wondering why they chose the colors for the Sagrada Familia, here is a photo of the interior of the Basilica in Barcelona.

sf-1.jpeg

The brush I ordered ,arrived yesterday. It's a plisson knot with the long cola resin handle. At first when I dragged my fingers over the bristles I thought it was a makeup brush. It was really really soft and to be honest ,I was disappointed, because I thought it wouldn't have enough backbone. But I was wrong! It is very plush but it loads and facelathers easily with the soft soap I used (Razorock XXX) . The loft is shorter than the other brushes I own and I was not used to decent backbone from such a soft brush. It is my first synthetic, so I didn't know exactly what to expect. The handle is really beautiful and ergonomic. It suited my hand and lathering style perfectly! I loved my first experience with it and if all Yaqi brushes are made to this quality, then I undoubtedly recommend them!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The brush I ordered ,arrived yesterday. It's a plisson knot with the long cola resin handle. At first when I dragged my fingers over the bristles I thought it was a makeup brush. It was really really soft and to be honest ,I was disappointed, because I thought it wouldn't have enough backbone. But I was wrong! It is very plush but it loads and facelathers easily with the soft soap I used (Razorock XXX) . The loft is shorter than the other brushes I own and I was not used to decent backbone from such a soft brush. It is my first synthetic, so I didn't know exactly what to expect. The handle is really beautiful and ergonomic. It suited my hand and lathering style perfectly! I loved my first experience with it and if all Yaqi brushes are made to this quality, then I undoubtedly recommend them!
Sounds like the 22 mm Cola, like a good long handled one with enough brush whiskers to do the job.
1594908921365.png

Have some great shaves!

My Omega 11126 (5+ years old) is beginning to shed hairs and crack around the top. I will give the Yaqi brushes serious consideration when I need a new brush.

Sounds like the 22 mm Cola, like a good long handled one with enough brush whiskers to do the job.
View attachment 1126321
Have some great shaves!
The Cola Yaqi is one of my favorite brushes for looks, feel and performance. I like smaller brushes & the 22mm loads up lather like a much larger brush.
I have several Badges and am not impressed with any of them, but the Badger Sagreda Familia is an exceptional brush, a top performer along with the Cola Synthetic.

Top Bottom