What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Mine arrived yesterday from maggards alignment looked perfect, loaded with cap upside down no troubles. Used it with a personna red and this is easily the smoothest razor I have. I was thinking how different can this be from the OC grande, but it's way different glad I took the chance on a second fatip. Glad that I didn't get the SB as well. Recently I have only been using my SE gems since I like them so much compared to my other DE's like my GC .84, SLOC, gillettes and others, but this razor has me thinking otherwise. I don't think I need another razor, or maybe I just love slants and maybe a 37c, or something might be nice as well since this is my first slant.
IMG_20200711_185704100.jpg

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
For folks getting the Fatip Lo Storto for the first time, I took a picture of what the blade should look like. It looks askew which some may say Fatip is good at. I say it's a sign of pure genius. However, if you do look at the cap in the picture the blade aligns askew with it, but if you look at the baseplate it aligns with the comb bar.
001_50.jpg

SOTD Wee scot, Palmolive stick, Permasharp super (4), FOCS, cold water. The Wee scot is always a solid performer with my soap of choice, Palmolive stick. Face lathered a single pass with touch ups. CCS. I'm impressed with the fatip, it seems very forgiving. I could almost shave blindfold with it. I'll skip tomorrows shave to see how it handles multiple day stubble. :straight:

Back to Lo Storto Originale today. Yay! :punk:

SOTD

SOTD-Y_2020-07-12.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (9)
ASL: Proraso Red

My experiments were completed yesterday, back to my FAVORITE RAZOR today! :biggrin:

Hey Rave,
@Raven Koenes Any progress on the Lo Storto shaving brush handle (with 22mm hole for 20mm knot) yet? You got us the Fatip slant with your ambassadorial skills, so I'm thinking a simple shaving brush handle should be a piece of cake. Please accept my apologies for being a wee bit impatient... but as you probably realize, I NEED IT NOW!
:letterk1:

Another shave with the Storto! SOTD - 12 JUL 2020

SOTD 07122020.jpg

Boss batch 2 synthetic w/ Stirling handle
Siliski soap + Soapy Science unscented mix
Fatip Lo Storto OC Slant
Astra SP (3)
Stirling WH Lemon Chill

This time around, it went a lot smoother. I'd have to say on the prep and the way I lathered it. Yesterday, I bowl lathered and just painted what I had. This led to the lather not bonding to my skin well and was a bit more airy. Today, I worked in the lather and made it more creamy and easy to work with. The result was there and I enjoyed the shave a lot.

This is definitely an efficient razor. I think it's better suited for people with heavier growth because it's a little over the edge at times. However, I can get smooth shaves out of it if I prep my lather well. Interesting razor and I'll keep it for sure. Beginners might find this tough at first but I think more experienced wet shavers will like this a lot.

Ended up making my first shave with the FOCS this evening after a jog. So about 36 hours worth of stubble. First impression was, like others have already mentioned, the baseplate is pretty tight into the head. Not a bad thing.

Re: the shave, this razor is pretty damn smooth. I like the way the razor head offers feedback - definitely not as almost annoyingly chatty as the RR German slant, but not as dead feeling as the Ikon slant. Probably more akin to my RR GC.

But it’s almost deceptively smooth. With a Nacet blade, I gave myself a little weeper at my top right lip area almost without even noticing it. It’s an area I’ve cut myself on occasion when shaving with a straight but never with a DE. It was almost like a stealth bite. I can see this razor easily causing nicks for speed demons or loose finger shavers, but if you have your technique down it’s all butter smooth. All in all, a great feeling shave. Passes WTG and ATG gave a nice, smooth finish all around. I’m curious to try this tomorrow after a day’s growth to see if it could be a daily driver, or if it might need a smoother blade to go that route - maybe an Astra will do it.

Definitely worth the purchase. I can see this easily taking over the RR German’s spot. It’ll take a few more shaves to see how close it can get to the Game Changer shave wise. Having said that, while I do really like the feel of the Fatip in my hand, the GC is a work of art in that regard.

One other weird thing. Someone higher up the thread mentioned that their Fatip slant had looked as if it had been jammed into the box, with the little slot area where the razor head is supposed to be firmly nestled being all torn up. I had the same thing with my packaging. Made me thing of factory workers hurriedly pushing razors into boxes before the factory was forced to close down or something.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200712142513851_COVER.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Back to Lo Storto Originale today. Yay! :punk:

SOTD

SOTD-Y_2020-07-12.jpg

Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (9)

My experiments were completed yesterday, back to my FAVORITE RAZOR today! :biggrin:

Hey Rave,
@Raven Koenes Any progress on the Lo Storto shaving brush handle (with 22mm hole for 20mm knot) yet? You got us the Fatip slant with your ambassadorial skills, so I'm thinking a simple shaving brush handle should be a piece of cake. Please accept my apologies for being a wee bit impatient... but as you probably realize, I NEED IT NOW!
:letterk1:
Okay, I hear you loud and clear :wink2: :letterk1:

I sent this a few moments ago to Fatip:

I hope this message finds you all well. My friends and brothers at BOSC, Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies at Badger and Blade, all find the new Fatip Lo Storto to be not only a work of art but shaving perfection. We all have decided a brush with a Fatip Lo Storto twist handle would be the perfect compliment for the Lo Storto razor. Everyone in the know would more than love that. Also, I have a friend, Mike, who is holding out on buying a Fatip Lo Storto until it becomes available in gold plating. He's crazy, but it’s not a bad idea no?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (6)
Brush: APShaveco Synbad
Soap: B&M Cheshire
Aftershave: B&M Cheshire
026_40.jpg

Continuing on with shaving perfection today. Everyday shaving with a Fatip Lo Storto is a shaving perfection kind of day. It pairs up really well with the new Shark Platinum blades which I have been using exclusively in it for over a month. I love the Earl Grey Tea scent of B&M Cheshire. The matching aftershave's scent lingers for quite a bit. My complaint with the B&M Excelsior base is that it gets used up really quick and it's to darn slick. How is one supposed to effectively skin stretch with that slick goop all over your face? Anyone else here for starting a return to non-slick shaving soaps revolution?

Ended up making my first shave with the FOCS this evening after a jog. So about 36 hours worth of stubble. First impression was, like others have already mentioned, the baseplate is pretty tight into the head. Not a bad thing.

Re: the shave, this razor is pretty damn smooth. I like the way the razor head offers feedback - definitely not as almost annoyingly chatty as the RR German slant, but not as dead feeling as the Ikon slant. Probably more akin to my RR GC.

But it’s almost deceptively smooth. With a Nacet blade, I gave myself a little weeper at my top right lip area almost without even noticing it. It’s an area I’ve cut myself on occasion when shaving with a straight but never with a DE. It was almost like a stealth bite. I can see this razor easily causing nicks for speed demons or loose finger shavers, but if you have your technique down it’s all butter smooth. All in all, a great feeling shave. Passes WTG and ATG gave a nice, smooth finish all around. I’m curious to try this tomorrow after a day’s growth to see if it could be a daily driver, or if it might need a smoother blade to go that route - maybe an Astra will do it.

Definitely worth the purchase. I can see this easily taking over the RR German’s spot. It’ll take a few more shaves to see how close it can get to the Game Changer shave wise. Having said that, while I do really like the feel of the Fatip in my hand, the GC is a work of art in that regard.

One other weird thing. Someone higher up the thread mentioned that their Fatip slant had looked as if it had been jammed into the box, with the little slot area where the razor head is supposed to be firmly nestled being all torn up. I had the same thing with my packaging. Made me thing of factory workers hurriedly pushing razors into boxes before the factory was forced to close down or something.

View attachment 1124913

View attachment 1124913
I had the same issues with the box. You're spot on about the shave quality. The FOCS shaves how I have always imagined a well honed straight razor to shave. I will try and Astra SP at some point this week.

Ok you enablers, I did it. Should be here from maggard in a few days. I needed some Osage rub so the fatip and some blades got me over $45 :D lol

Got a couple packs of Astra SP (my previous go-to), some derby, some shark, and some dorco prime platinum. Figured that gives me a nice array of sharp to mild to try out.

Funny part is... I don't even use blades anymore, I switched to Electrics. I just followed this too long to not give it a try. The paa bocs was my favorite razor along with the 37c and many people have reported on the fatip OC improving upon the two. Cheers to one last go with blades.

Ok you enablers, I did it. Should be here from maggard in a few days. I needed some Osage rub so the fatip and some blades got me over $45 :D lol

Got a couple packs of Astra SP (my previous go-to), some derby, some shark, and some dorco prime platinum. Figured that gives me a nice array of sharp to mild to try out.

Funny part is... I don't even use blades anymore, I switched to Electrics. I just followed this too long to not give it a try. The paa bocs was my favorite razor along with the 37c and many people have reported on the fatip OC improving upon the two. Cheers to one last go with blades.
I hope it works out for you this time slybrewguy. In my opinion the FOCS is smoother than the 37c, and less prone to bight. It cuts that closely that I could shave every 48 hours and still look presentable. Good luck:001_smile

Lo Storto Originale SOTD

SOTD-G_2020-07-13.jpg

Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (10)

Another great shave with the incredible Lo Storto Originale. :cornut:

Where did you get that cute little bottle of proraso splash?

Second shave today, with ~24 hours of stubble. BBS, no weepers. But a splash of aftershave definitely let me know of some microabrasions. Excellent shave but I’d reiterate this razor is not for DE beginners, at least not with a Nacet. YMMV obviously with blade choice.

Where did you get that cute little bottle of proraso splash?
It's a 50ml squeezable dropper bottle. They're great for their handy size, and dispensing really accurate amounts of ASL. I just decant from bigger bottles, like my favorite Proraso Red 400ml barber size.

50ml-ASL-DropperBottles_2020-07-13.jpg

I usually make my own labels up. But for the Proraso Red one... I photographed the label on an old 100ml bottle, reduced it to my label size (40mm X 40mm), printed it on label paper, and stuck it onto the bottle.

Sorry if that's kinda TMI, but you did ask. :letterk1:

It's a 50ml squeezable dropper bottle. They're great for their handy size, and dispensing really accurate amounts of ASL. I just decant from bigger bottles, like my favorite Proraso Red 400ml barber size.

View attachment 1125270

I usually make my own labels up. But for the Proraso Red one... I photographed the label on an old 100ml bottle, reduced it to my label size (40mm X 40mm), printed it on label paper, and stuck it onto the bottle.

Sorry if that's kinda TMI, but you did ask. :letterk1:

Awesome! And I love details so thank you! That's a great idea.

It's a shame that they sit so heavy and greasy on my skin because I love the scent of both green and red proraso lotions.

Reactions: Cal
I have a friend, Mike, who is holding out on buying a Fatip Lo Storto until it becomes available in gold plating. He's crazy, but it’s not a bad idea no?
I debated this, glad I didn't though, or I'd still be shaving with my second-rate razors including my fatip gold OC Grande :laugh:. If they come out with gold I might be buying another one though... Having a backup and a variation for my favorite razor might not be a bad thing though.

which GC? I have the GC .84 SB and fatip beats it no question for me, but so far only used a personna red. I am slightly interested in RR German now, just maybe as a secondary slant since FOCS is only slant I ever owned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom