What's new

tabac smell

Tabac smells like tobacco, rum, cloves. My wife likes it better than anything else I use. Personally I like the 100 year old stick from a Gillette travel set. Just a hint of fragrance left but great lather.

Tabac soap is mercurial to me: it changes, sometimes mid-sniff. It’s sensitive to temperature. When it’s very warm, it can pass through the ashtray vibe, but when it’s cool, it’s almost three-dimensional and a pure delight.

There’s always a soft, almost delicate, and relaxing quality to it that calms me whenever I use it, the cologne as well, which takes flight in a wholly new neroli/spice direction that is just lovely and charming.

When I smell Tabac, it reminds me my childhood.

Many people at that time, were using the so called "Tabac Original" cologne. A smell I did not like it. The same I feel today, but...

I wanted to give it a try, and I ordered this soap from Connaugh along with Arko and Cella. I expect to receive them in the next two weeks.

Wish me good luck...

Everybody's sense of smell is different, both my wife and I like the smell. I'll triple up on Tabac, using the soap, splash, and balm. Yes, it's a relatively strong scent, but based on the tobacco flower. Funny, I hate the smell of tobacco smoke, not fond of the smell of tobacco, but the flower scent in Tabac is totally different. My nose picks up a leather or woody scent with it, but that's me.

I find it's a great cold or cool weather scent, but maybe not a hot summer scent....I switch to lighter, citrus, or mentholated scents during the hotter months. My puck of Tabac is nearly gone, and I'll be watching for a deal on a refill puck. In the meantime, just using up the open containers I currently have.

Tabac definitely has an autumn vibe to me, it reminds me of the fall when I was a kid. I find it comforting, and manly. Like dressing up like Chuck Norris to go trick-or-treating!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Performs well and has a straightforward clean soapy smell. MWF performs well and has almost no fragrance. I like a soap with a clean smell, simple.

Carnation, geranium, woods, and musk. Spicy but not bay rum, floral but not soft, old-school smooth. A gent who likes the scent might want to look at a bottle of Hermes Equipage, especially in its vintage formulation. Great stuff.

Definitely a Your Mileage May Vary scent.

I read the various opinions and thought "some people like how it smells, how bad can it really be?" Turns out that the Tabac scent is not for me, so I've blended it with several other soaps to tone down the scent to an acceptable level.

Very good soap, horrible scent (at least for me personally).

The first time I smelled it I was undecided but I've learned to enjoy it. It is one of the few products where I prefer the cream to the soap. Good stuff.
The first time I used it (I bought a stick), it didn't smell bad at all. Though I agree about the "Grandma's purse" reflection. But it left a kind of "aftertaste" with me for a good part of the morning; I kept whiffing it in my coffee, and I do strong coffee. The second time I used it, the scent had faded. Now if I want to smell it I have to breathe deeply with my nose right atop the soap.

It makes fantastic lather and permits a fantastic shave. It's my go-to when I try a new razor or new brand of blade. If I ever pare my collection of shave stuff down, Tabac will be one of the soaps, if not the only one.

Top Bottom