What's new

Gun Mods: To Mod, or Not to Mod?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A gun isn't your gun until you fool with it!

Remember, Wolff springs, commando bands, Glock tape and white/orange/red nail polish are cheap.

But woe to he who doth not posesseth skills; he may become like the French gunsmith, A. Dumas ...

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
A gun isn't your gun until you fool with it!

Remember, Wolff springs, commando bands, Glock tape and white/orange/red nail polish are cheap.

But woe to he who doth not posesseth skills; he may become like the French gunsmith, A. Dumas ...

AA

Ghost Connectors are cheap... :)

A. Dumas. Lol’d.

I think it depends on the gun. Modern guns I would depending on what I want to do with it. Classic guns are a maybe for me mainly for functionality. True antiques are a definite no to me

I like to tinker with mine. I don't worry about having to use it in a self-defense shooting and a jury being told that I "prepared" for a shooting. Shoot, I prepared by the mere fact that I was carrying in the first place. My 1911 has a trigger job that drops the pull from 4lbs to 3.5lbs and makes the trigger feel much better. I also installed a short pad trigger (small hands) to make the gun more "shootable". Do to the gun what makes it a better tool for you to use in the event that it's use becomes necessary to save the lives of you and your loved ones.

OkieStubble

I like to tinker with mine. I don't worry about having to use it in a self-defense shooting and a jury being told that I "prepared" for a shooting. Shoot, I prepared by the mere fact that I was carrying in the first place. My 1911 has a trigger job that drops the pull from 4lbs to 3.5lbs and makes the trigger feel much better. I also installed a short pad trigger (small hands) to make the gun more "shootable". Do to the gun what makes it a better tool for you to use in the event that it's use becomes necessary to save the lives of you and your loved ones.

Good post. I have never seen a defendant in a self defense case that was deemed justifiable, still be prosecuted, because they made an upgrade to their weapon.

it's still not wise, to stencil phrases on your gun like, "justified by God to take out evil doer's." Something generic like, a smiley face that say's, "Have a nice day!" is much better. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
it's still not wise, to stencil phrases on your gun like, "justified by God to take out evil doer's." Something generic like, a smiley face that say's, "Have a nice day!" is much better. :)

This is always cute...I nicknamed my Glock "Kodak".

1594504727960.png

Good post. I have never seen a defendant in a self defense case that was deemed justifiable, still be prosecuted, because they made an upgrade to their weapon.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason, I don't like writing on my gun. What I do to mine are the things that make it better for my use. One day I will own something strictly for the range and it will have a different philosophy in terms of mods.

I don't worry about criminal court, it is pretty universally accepted a firearm is deadly no matter what. But, civil court could be a different game. Some ambulance chaser finds a shirt tail relative and convinces them to sue for everything you have. A bit of court room theatrics and claiming you modded your firearm, or ammo, hoping to use it someday...

We are fortunate here in Illinois. That CCW law was written so that if the DA finds the shoot good you are exempt from any civil action.

OkieStubble

I don't worry about criminal court, it is pretty universally accepted a firearm is deadly no matter what. But, civil court could be a different game. Some ambulance chaser finds a shirt tail relative and convinces them to sue for everything you have. A bit of court room theatrics and claiming you modded your firearm, or ammo, hoping to use it someday...

Civilian juries are unpredictable for sure, in any type court.

Top Bottom