What's new

Best soft cream you’ve tried?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have a couple more on the way. Eucris and T&H 1805. I want some AdP as well but will have to wait a bit due to price tag.

Tub cream, TOBS sandalwood is my favorite for face lathering, slick, pillowy. Tube cream Speick is great. Smells great, performs great, but I guess like most tube creams should be bowl lathered.

I like Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose, very rose scented and great cushion. TOBS products are great. One more I tried as a sample and thought was very nice but seldom mentioned on this board, Crown Shaving Cream. Anyone else like that one?

Anything by TOBS performs well and is at an excellent price point (well here in the UK it is).

If you have money to burn, try Musgo Real Classic Scent, pricey but worth adding to any rotation now and then.

So many great soft creams out there. I love the Portuguese creams, but La Toja, Erasmic, Tabac (thick and moisturizing for me, while others describe it as hard to lather), LEA, Williams, ABB, Proraso..... There are so many good soft creams from budget/value to luxury. I really enjoyed ABB Ribeira do Porto for the abundance of oils and great scent.

I have only done samples of Truefitt & Hill and Trumper’s creams, but they were enjoyable and had great scents.

Last edited:
Years ago I purchased a tube of ARKO Cool that I simply adored for its scent. I don't remember anything special about its performance, but I certainly don't recall it having any negative qualities. The scent seemed to me similar to a modern aquatic cologne and it is one of the first products I had that my wife responded to unprompted. I need to get another tube.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Tobs jermyn street cream is my favourite so far got some Barrister & mann and cella bio on order

Jermyn Street has a great scent. Never tried the cream, had a bad puck back in 2013 or so that would dissipate almost immediately. Had to toss it. The cream is a good idea.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Tried T&H 1805 just now for the first time. I used a Paladin El Dorado. The lather absolutely exploded. Might have used a bit too much product lol

Very good shave, though! Scent was very nice, lather was DENSE and very slick. Residual slickness through the roof. Very impressed!

I received some GFT Coconut Oil cream last week. I read great reviews and they were spot on. A little goes a long way and gave me a great shave.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Really enjoyed the menthol/eucalyptus blast from Lea Classic for sensitive skin.. Super feel, great fragrance.

Top Bottom