What's new

Anyone else lucky enough to live near a store that carries shave gear?

There's a pretty good one in Orem, UT called the Mini Moustachery. I've been to their shoppes in the Fashion Place mall and to the one at City Creek before it closed up. Good thing for me that it did, it was within walking distance from my work!

While not exactly near Kent Of Inglewood is in the same city. Decent selection of soap & creams and brushes, good staff who are friendly & knowledgeable...you also get the vibe you're in a Mumford & Sons video.

LOL...yes, you do. I like to go there, but do not buy much due to different preferences. I can get a fair bit of decent things at other local stores too.

I used to stop in Pasteur's every other week. I haven't been since February because of the pandemic. I miss not being able to smell everything before buying. It is a wonderful treat and a great place. Leon, the owner, is a great guy.

I found these at the local grocery store. I haven’t seen them stocked in years. It looks like a good sign for the comeback of traditional shaving. There were no handles for sale but it’s a start. I’m sure none of us would pay that much for a tuck of blades but still. It would be good to have options if you’d just gotten off a flight.

9444FBDF-9D5E-415A-8D07-CD66B8FA1088.jpeg

Thousand Oaks, CA
RATS!! That is to far from Texas to drive for a day-shopping trip! Hope they open outlets near us. I had a haircut a a Floyd's barbershop two months ago. They had their store brand shaving cream for sale which I passed on for now.

There seems to be another new rennaisance in traditional shaving, I hope more small shops will open up. Though I imagine the pandemic will stifle that, but that is why I want to continue to support this store, and artisans online.
Good to see that there are at least a few others out there!

Not much out here in DC, probably a good thing for me.

Just a couple Art of Shaving shops in Pentagon City and Tyson’s in VA.

I live about 45 miles from downtown Chicago where Smallflower/Mertz Apothacary/Q Brothers is located, but I have never visited. It has been several years since I ventured downtown and I have no plans to do so anytime soon. I have ordered shaving gear from them with delivery in 1-2 days.

Nope.
But when I order from West Coast Shaving, it ships from Myrtle Beach, SC...
I always thought SC was on the east coast... but with all the revisionist history garbage going on, it could have changed...

Anyone else lucky enough to live near a store that carries shave gear?

I seem to be lucky to live near no less than six stores that carry shaving gear, all within walking distance. They have only canned foam, some creams in tubes, cartridge razors and some aftershaves. These stores are known around here as Supermarkets.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm lucky. Living on Mactan Island, we have 5 large department stores and numerous drug stores. I have searched over a dozen drug stores and, unless you only want carts and canned goo, they have no wet shaving gear.

Where I am lucky is that most department stores sell Gillette Rubie blades and one just recently doubled their entire traditional wet shaving inventory by also stocking London Bridge blades!

Traditional wet shaving must really be taking off on Mactan Island.

When my wife and I lived in Downtown Chicago before kids, our condo was a mere L stop or 20 minute walk from Merz. It was a wet shaving paradise even before they opened up Q Brothers. Last time I was there a year ago, I think they had downsized a bit of Q Brothers but there was still walls full of soaps, creams, razors, and brushes. Now we're 60-ish miles away but I still plan to return once the pandemic subsides, whenever that is.

@RayClem highly recommend making a pilgrimage of sorts once this all clears away - it's a great store!

The grocery store where I live sells the aftershave balm that I use. 30 min drive to a big mall gives me access to some shaving soap (just tabac) and some more after shave products, like old spice and aqua velva (never seen these two things in Norway before), but I dont use those.

Keep in mind that the grocery store obviously also sells the regular shaving cream on a can etc of course. But I've never used it, and I suppose those doesnt count?

Those two things falls into the category of «living close». However if I was the boost the requirement up to lets say 1 hour then I could say that I have access to at least one shop in the capital where they sell proraso, razors and DE blades. But this shop isn't purly a barbershop since they sell clothes and other items. (I use their online store which carries more shaving products than the physical store and that focuses only on shaving gear)

And I also then have the option to travel to a big mall in Sweden where they also sell a selection of shaving gear, such as tabac soap, palmolive and the aftershave balm that I use. (Been a while after the restrictions due to Covid, so I cant list up all the things they have by memory)

I used to stop in Pasteur's every other week. I haven't been since February because of the pandemic. I miss not being able to smell everything before buying. It is a wonderful treat and a great place. Leon, the owner, is a great guy.
I hope they dont close because of the pandemic

Top Bottom