What's new

Floid menthol levels?

Hello all,
I'm trying to decide between purchasing Floid Vigoroso or Suave. I want a cooling menthol kick, but not a face freeze.
How would you rate the menthol kick from Suave as compared to, say, Aqua Velva or Fine American Blend?
What about the Vig?

Thanks.

I only own the Floids from your list. The menthol from Vigoroso is really stronger than Suave, it lingers for a good 15-20 minutes. I don’t find it offensive though, it’s fresh and cool without being a face freeze.

Suave’s menthol kick is much more subtle.

Floid 150 ml bottles are pretty cheap and last a LONG time. Both have great scents and skin properties, so my advice is to get both.

My personal favorite between the two Spanish Floids is Suave, as I find its fragrance more refined and the cooling pleasant, but not so intense.

Thanks, Mac.
I'm starting to lean toward Suave, as I think it may be better suited for the climate here in Texas.

Floid products in the US are not nearly the bargain that they are in Europe, but the prices here still seem to be quite reasonable for the quality.

Thanks, Mac.
I'm starting to lean toward Suave, as I think it may be better suited for the climate here in Texas.

Floid products in the US are not nearly the bargain that they are in Europe, but the prices here still seem to be quite reasonable for the quality.

That's true. Last time I paid €9.90 for a 400ml of Floid Italian in a supermarket in Milan.

Anyway, if you like Floid smell (classic fresh and powdery barbershop scent) then you can't go wrong with Floid Suave. Let us know your thoughts once you use it.

Soooo.... if I may join the conversation...

Can someone give me a breakdown of the different Floid formulations and scents?
There is Classic, Suave, Special Reserve, Vigoroso etc. I would like to get some of these, just don't know where to start.

Also, where do you guys recommend purchasing from...

Soooo.... if I may join the conversation...

Can someone give me a breakdown of the different Floid formulations and scents?
There is Classic, Suave, Special Reserve, Vigoroso etc. I would like to get some of these, just don't know where to start.

Also, where do you guys recommend purchasing from...

You can search on the AS Forum and get lots of information. To summarize (I wrote it in a hurry so my apologies in advance for any typos):
- Currently there are 4 variations of Floid Aftershave, 1 Italian (Classic) and 3 Spanish (Suave, Vigoroso, Black)

- Italian + Suave + Vigoroso are close cousins. Very similar smell, orange color, classic powdery barbershop scent. Vigoroso is more intense and much more menthol. Suave and Italian are nearly identical to me (Italian was very different until 2018 but has been reformulated and made much closer to Suave).

- Italian and Vigoroso are available in 400ml bottles. Suave, Vigoroso and Black are available in 150ml bottles.

- Black: no idea because I do not own it. Some reviews say it is a modern fragrance (vs Classic for the other versions), maybe a copy of Creed Aventus? Many people do not like it, some do, though.

- Face feel is awesome in all of them. There's alcohol, menthol, glycerin. Your face will feel fresh and cool

- My personal favorite is the Italian Floid, but to be honest they are all very close. Suave is a close second.

- The atomizer for the 400ml bottles takes the whole Floid experience to the next level. It fits only 400ml bottles, though

In US I think Maggard carries the Floid line, also ItalianBarber, WestCoastShaving(?)... As you can see, it's widely available. In Europe I suggest Gifts&Care or other Spanish sources as they tend to be cheaper.

Last edited:
You can search on the AS Forum and get lots of information. To summarize (I wrote it in a hurry so my apologies in advance for any typos):
- Currently there are 4 variations of Floid Aftershave, 1 Italian (Classic) and 3 Spanish (Suave, Vigoroso, Black)

- Italian + Suave + Vigoroso are close cousins. Very similar smell, orange color, classic powdery barbershop scent. Vigoroso is more intense and much more menthol. Suave and Italian are nearly identical to me (Italian was very different until 2018 but has been reformulated and made much closer to Suave).

- Italian and Vigoroso are available in 400ml bottles. Suave, Vigoroso and Black are available in 150ml bottles.

- Black: no idea because I do not own it. Some reviews say it is a modern fragrance (vs Classic for the other versions), maybe a copy of Creed Aventus? Many people do not like it, some do, though.

- Face feel is awesome in all of them. There's alcohol, menthol, glycerin. Your face will feel fresh and cool

- My personal favorite is the Italian Floid, but to be honest they are all very close. Suave is a close second.

- The atomizer for the 400ml bottles takes the whole Floid experience to the next level. It fits only 400ml bottles, though

In US I think Maggard carries the Floid line, also ItalianBarber, WestCoastShaving(?)... As you can see, it's widely available. In Europe I suggest Gifts&Care or other Spanish sources as they tend to be cheaper.

Thank you... Well stated and I appreciate the information.

Great comparison!! :clap: :clap:

... Let us know your thoughts once you use it.

Update: I purchased 150ml of Suave, as well as samples of Italian and Vig. Yesterday, I finished my shave with Italian, and today with Suave. I didn't really notice a difference between the two, other than Italian perhaps being slightly sweeter (Your Nose May Vary). I've not done a side-by-side comparison. For me, the Suave is plenty strong enough in scent and menthol. I think I will reserve the sample of Vig for use as a cologne spray.

menthol comparison: While AV and Fine AB provide an immediate surface cooling, Suave takes a couple of seconds to develop a slightly less intense cooling, then transforms into a deep, longer lasting warming sensation.

Update: I purchased 150ml of Suave, as well as samples of Italian and Vig. Yesterday, I finished my shave with Italian, and today with Suave. I didn't really notice a difference between the two, other than Italian perhaps being slightly sweeter (Your Nose May Vary). I've not done a side-by-side comparison. For me, the Suave is plenty strong enough in scent and menthol. I think I will reserve the sample of Vig for use as a cologne spray.

menthol comparison: While AV and Fine AB provide an immediate surface cooling, Suave takes a couple of seconds to develop a slightly less intense cooling, then transforms into a deep, longer lasting warming sensation.

Thanks for sharing. You are spot on!

Italian and Suave have become nearly identical. I love them both. You should try Vigoroso as well, I don't think it has the staying power of a cologne. Just the menthol cooling effect will last for 20+ minutes.

OK, you talked me into it.
Floid.jpg

Top Bottom