What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Schick Krona DE (1966)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharpedge
Brush: Semogue: Owner Club Boar 24mm
Lather: Sapinificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man From Mayfair (toner)
Additional Care:
EDT: Mugler Cologne
Clubman: Pinauds Finest Powder
84F9185C-6BF3-43D9-8950-E69D3B1D85E9.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Better Than Gillette?
OKay, please don’t attack me! I realize that Schick basically copied the Gillette super speed, but Wow, they got it right. This razor is as smooth as the mildest Superspeed, but seems to shave much closer. It’s a stealth razor! It can shave your face BBS without you ever knowing it was there. MrSpeedy seems to already know this because I see him in this thread everyday, laying in the weeds with a Schick Krona and keeping very quiet about it. A sleeper.
I've been trying a lot of nice imported Italian shaving creams lately, so it was nice to break out this triple milled Italian soap. A wonderful lather with a wonderful scent. Vetiver, the most manly of scents. If you entered a boardroom and there were ten guys wearing five thousand dollar suits and five hundred dollar haircuts and wondered which one was the boss...he would be the one that smells like this soap!
Oh yes. It’s time for me to spritz a little of this vetiver based Mugler cologne behind my ears and see if I can pick up some young fifty year old chicks.

Razor: Schick Krona DE (1966)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharpedge
Brush: Semogue: Owner Club Boar 24mm
Lather: Sapinificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man From Mayfair (toner)
Additional Care:
EDT: Mugler Cologne
Clubman: Pinauds Finest Powder
View attachment 1122775
Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Better Than Gillette?
OKay, please don’t attack me! I realize that Schick basically copied the Gillette super speed, but Wow, they got it right. This razor is as smooth as the mildest Superspeed, but seems to shave much closer. It’s a stealth razor! It can shave your face BBS without you ever knowing it was there. MrSpeedy seems to already know this because I see him in this thread everyday, laying in the weeds with a Schick Krona and keeping very quiet about it. A sleeper.
I've been trying a lot of nice imported Italian shaving creams lately, so it was nice to break out this triple milled Italian soap. A wonderful lather with a wonderful scent. Vetiver, the most manly of scents. If you entered a boardroom and there were ten guys wearing five thousand dollar suits and five hundred dollar haircuts and wondered which one was the boss...he would be the one that smells like this soap!
Oh yes. It’s time for me to spritz a little of this vetiver based Mugler cologne behind my ears and see if I can pick up some young fifty year old chicks.
I'm a big fan of the Schick Krona also; for me it works much better for than the Gillette Flair tips and later Super Speeds.

Razor: feather SS folding
Blade: Schick Proline, over a month old
Soap: Soapy Science Doc's Special Blend
Aftershave: Stirling Satsuma splash, mentholated
Brush: Graydog maple handle with synthetic fibers

Two passes plus jawline touch-up. DFS plus, smooth and comfortable.

9.6/10. Near perfect shave today! The Graydog is an amazing brush. My current favorite.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200707
20200707_105123~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Blackbird SB
Blade: Silver Star (3)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 in Best
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Cologne: Red Classic Match EdT Spray (Belcam version of Polo Red)

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Great razor and blade + great brush + great soap = a really close, comfortable and wonderful shave! :)

My Tuesday Morning Shave
Prep: Shower including hair conditioner on face
First Attempt:
ERN 1915 SR​
Restart:
Rockwell 6S #4​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter
Brush: Rudy Vey w/ Synbad Synthetic
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender
Aftershave: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter
Rating: 8.9/10 End result was a surprisingly very close shave
  • My ERN just was not cutting it today (pardon the pun). I had to restart with the Rockwell. There may have been several contributing factors:
    • I may not have done the best job stropping this time?
    • I may have applied a little too much pre-shave cream
    • I may have squeezed out too much water on my brush. I noticed the lather was kind of "pasty" for lack of a better term. That in combination with too much pre-shave cream

Last edited:
Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic facial cleanser
- Clinique for men exfoliating tonic
- Nuage Menthol Pre-Shave Oil
- Real Shaving Company Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Dolce and Gabbana The One aftershave balm (follow by a spray of The One EDT)
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Treet Platinum (2)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 8/10
Second shave with a Treet Platinum and another impressive shave with this blade. It felt almost identical to shave 1 with this blade, no loss or gain in sharpness and still a smooth shave. Three pass shave (WTG/XTG/XTG) and then a fourth ATG pass on cheeks with no irritation or feedback from the alum block. Tried out a tube of Dolce and Gabbana The One aftershave balm I had sitting about my shave drawer and paired it with the EDT. More of an evening scent for me, but thought I'd try it out, balm seems to do the job and has quite a strong scent to it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9.5/10
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Brush: Barrister and Mann Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS .68 scalloped head & base w/Blackland Dart handle
Blade: Derby Usta (2)
AS: Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum

I bloomed the soap and really worked on whipping up a good lather on the Stirling Bay Rum which I bought as a refill and keep in a lathering bowl. I had forgotten to soak the brush, but that was an easy fix prior to starting into things...taking half a point off for my goof. Had a very nice shave otherwise!

I learned from a thread to shave my problem areas WTG first. This has really paid off for me. Badger and Blade forums pay dividends yet again!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200708.jpg

Daily Shave: 08 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-08

DSCF2166.JPG

Prep
: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #2) Shave #3 2 passes + minimal buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using distilled water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.8 / 10.0 BBS Nice shave to start off a busy day.

9.5/10 - excellent BBS shave, using the same setup while away for 3 weeks working.
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: 24mm ApShaveCo SynBad w/ ruby ripple handle
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: eShave White tea shave cream
Aftershave: Osage Rub / eShave white tea AS balm
IMG_20200707_193431.jpg

Top Bottom