What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Got a little behind, but catchin' up...

SOTD: Monday July 6, 2020
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3OC/Bulldog handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (4)

I'd just use the same picture again, so I'll save yer bandwidth. :biggrin1:

I started pursuing some side tracks on Friday, basically trying a cold hydration preshave instead of a hot one. Initial indications were that it reduced the irritation in that ONE spot where I always have trouble (even if not much trouble). So I threw some more variables in the mix that seemed like a good idea this morning. And found myself a bit disappointed.

[shrug] Not every shave is a fun shave, especially when I'm trying to learn something. The shave as shave was OK and ended up somewhere around DFS. I just had to keep fiddling with things, make more lather, add more water, go back and pick up areas that got missed, etc.

Wednesday's shave will likely be more satisfying. It kinda got to the point this morning where I was getting tired of mucking around with it, but as I say I have some things to reflect on so I'm calling it a win.

O.H.

Tue 7th July

RR S/S Hawk V3-OC & Super Knurl Handle, Kai CT Mild-Pink [ 3 ]
My second Shave with The Hawk and a longer handle, a real pleasure to use now.

IMG_0858.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD,Tue, July 7th 2020

Razor: Pal injecto-matic razor-Mfg 1952> They called it the million dollar razor because of what they spent to tool up.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (3) great blade for sharpness & longevity.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore- nice scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm Sagrada Familia named after famous cathedral in Barcelona Spain- great lathering brush.
Pre- shave: Brush wash whole face with Cerave hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 3 tiny nicks= :wink2: just got careless this morning with technique with this razor and it let me know.

SE SOTD, Tue, july 7th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Broman
Blade: Gillette silver blue (broken in half)
Pre-shave: Proraso green pre-shave cream
Soap: Proraso red shaving soap bowl
Brush: Mühle nom gustav boar brush
Aftershave balm: Nivea Men sensetive aftershave balm

Top Bottom