What's new

STRAIGHT RAZOR CASE FOR STORAGE

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR STRAIGHT RAZOR CASES FOR SINGLE AND MULTIPLE S.R,
IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO GET WELL MADE ONES PLEASE SHARE. I LIKE TO PUT
THEM AWAY FOR THE NEXT ROTATION. THANKS DAVE

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Ferns Finewood make custom cases. A seven-day set case of Philippines Mahogany costs about USD 50 plus shipping.
IMG_20200602_120201.jpg
They can also make cases for SR's of differing shapes/sizes in the one case. That costs a bit more for the extra work involved.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
THANKS

THANKS FERNS FINEWOOD WEB SITE SEEMS LIKE IT IS BEING WORKED ON OR SOMETHING
I WILL DROP THEM NOTE IN THE CONTACT US BOX. I HOPE THEY SPEAK ENGLISH THE CASE LOOKS NICE.DAVE
PM sent with their contact details. Yes, they understand (US) English well, like most Filipinos.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I’ve been looking for something like this but haven’t been able to find one.
View attachment 1122534
Ferns should also be able to make that for you. It looks a little more difficult to make than the 7DS case so would probably cost somewhere between USD 50 to USD 100 plus shipping.

I'll send you their contact details via PM.

P.S. Done.

FarmerTan,

Here is my attempt using a wooden box that looks like a book. The red ribbon on the bottom left side is a pretend book mark. I kept the felt long where the razors are held because it hides the balsa frame & wipes them as the go in and out.
Inside new box.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My preferred way is to have the SR's only touching their supports in the case at the tang and pivot pin end. That allows for good air circulation and prevents any damage to the scales.

My preferred way is to have the SR's only touching their supports in the case at the tang and pivot pin end. That allows for good air circulation and prevents any damage to the scales.

can you show a clearer picture of what you are describing?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
can you show a clearer picture of what you are describing?
Here is a drawing showing the SR supported in the case. As you may see, the SR only touches its supports in the case at the wedge pin end and at the tang. I hope that the drawing is clear enough. If not, let me know and I will try better.
7set Box.jpg
I just realised that i stated pivot pin end in my last post when I should have said wedge pin end. Sorry about that.

I’ve been looking for something like this but haven’t been able to find one.
View attachment 1122534

I got one of these from eBay. It was listed as a "Barber's Box". They seem to come up every three or four months or so. $65 - $200 depending on size and condition.
IMG_20200706_212110.jpg
Since it only holds 10 razors, and mine doesn't accommodate stacked/bullseye collars due to narrow slots, I found another solution on eBay.
IMG_20200706_212157.jpg
Bad picture, but it has 5 shallow, lined drawers, a lift out tray under the plastic display top that is deep enough for DEs and SEs, and a drawer-sized compartment under the tray. Easily hold 42 razors (6 per drawer/tray/compartment). $90 - $125 but have only seen them twice.

Top Bottom