What's new

Two new Taylor's creams: Tobacco and Lime Zest

Just an FYI that there are apparently two new Taylor's scents: Tobacco and Lime Zest. I couldn't find them anywhere other than Goodfellas, however, so not sure why that is. Taylor's own website does not even list them. Goodfellas is based in Italy, so probably not worth paying the shipping to the states, but hopefully, our U.S. vendors will get them soon.

Taylor Of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf Crema da rasatura 150g - https://www.rasoigoodfellas.com/prodotto/taylor-of-old-bond-street-tobacco-leaf-crema-da-rasatura-150g/

Taylor Of Old Bond Street Lime Zest Crema da rasatura 150g - https://www.rasoigoodfellas.com/prodotto/taylor-of-old-bond-street-lime-zest-crema-da-rasatura-150g/

Clubman did something similar wither their new scents. Not available on their website, only one place that I know of. A marketing strategy?

Interesting. I’m a big fan of Taylor’s as I’m sure most people are but I’d be curious to see if their Lime Zest makes up for their Lemon & Lime which lacks in both a citrus scent and scent strength. Their Grapefruit on the other hand is outstanding so I’m hopeful.

Just looked at their website and it’s 35€ minimum shipping to the US unless you spend 250€ then shipping is free. I want to try the tobacco but will hold off until it becomes available from a US vendor or Amazon

Just looked at their website and it’s 35€ minimum shipping to the US unless you spend 250€ then shipping is free. I want to try the tobacco but will hold off until it becomes available from a US vendor or Amazon
Yeah, the shipping is nuts and since it's Taylor's am sure the usual US vendors will have them soon enough (I'd hope).

Both of the new scents are great. I'm not a scent expert but to me they both have great depth. The lime zest reminds me of Castle Forbes lime and the tobacco has a nice cologne scent

Last edited:

Shipping really is not so bad if you batch several items in the order.
And practically next day international air Fedex.
Totally reasonable, IMHO.
Comparing just the platinum shave cream bowl to amazon, £8.48 vs $21.15!
You can do the math at $1.25/£!
Here are my order details.
Will report back when the stuff arrives and tried.
You guys have cost me!

TOBS june 2020 order.jpg

Gifts&care has them also. I seem to recall that the shipping from Spain wasn’t that terrible but it took a while.
Also looks like they have a special on Taylor’s right now, so there’s that

wonderful first shave today with TOBS Platinum!
(i know, off original topic!)
Similar to Jermyn St, but more musky, ambery, vanilla with less citrus than Jermyn St.
(To my untrained nose, closer to AOS Bourbon Amber cologne, one of my favs.)
Full-flavored shave cream, especially fresh tub, maybe not best for someone sensitive to fragrances.
The smallish TOBS travel badger did a fine job as well!

taylor of old bond st platinum jermyn st schulze thursday july 9 2020.jpg

and today, shaved with the new TOBS lime zest!
It was absolutely outstanding!
Indeed, great lime scent, albeit not clawing sweet.
Same ingredient list as other current TOBS creams, yet, somehow, seemed thicker, slicker, richer.
Maybe it was the new cream, or maybe I used less water in the brush. Whatever!
IMHO, same level of performance as Castle Forbes!

taylor of old bond stlime zest feather penhaligon's july 11 2020.jpg

Top Bottom