What's new

Has Bath & Body Works discontinued C.O. Bigelow tubed shave cream?

I just went to their website to see what the current promotion is on that product and it's not there just the canned foam.

For the past 12 years I have gone to the local mall about 18 months and bought 3 large tubes for the price of two. I guess I'd better get over there soon to see if they have any remaining stock.

This sucks. :c13:

They dropped it well before the virus; the local stores around here stopped stocking it last year already and then they were only available from the website. Last I checked the site still had the full size tubes but not the travel size anymore, but now I see the full size tubes are gone too. It's too bad; I rather liked the travel size tube for dopp kit purposes.

CO Bigelow Apothecary itself still sells it, of course, at the full $5 and $10 prices, but that's no deal. And yes, it is just Proraso Green. Proraso itself is available on Amazon, no travel sizes and $10 for the regular tube. Our European brothers would laugh at us for paying those prices for the product. Frankly I think the best way might be to order from Connaught if you really like this particular product, or start shopping for a different cream.

I'll start shopping for something else.

Damn, I was in Charlotte about 3 months ago and I completely forgot to add Patel Brothers to the list of "Gun and Fun" places to visit. I could have picked up a bunch of tubed creams and hard soaps there I'm sure.

I've only seen one travel-sized tube, about a year or so ago. Naturally, I bought it. I'm using it it now in honor of our hot weather.

Tj Maxx and Burlington had the proraso for like 3 bucks. That's where I got mine from I bought 3 or 4 tubes (different colors ) for the price of 1 retail.....

In TSA-approved travel size? I think that’s the whole point here.

Yeah, that's the thing. It seems that the 1.7oz size is unique to CO Bigelow. CO Bigelow Apothecary is a real place; a brick-and-mortar pharmacy/store in Greenwich Village NYC, and it has a very stylish web presence. You can order from the website, the problem is that you have to decide whether five bucks plus shipping is too much to pay for 48 grams of Proraso shaving cream. As I write this it's available on eBay for less money; probably closeouts from B&BW stores. Maybe not a bad idea to grab them that way if you like to travel with Proraso cream.

Tj Maxx and Burlington had the proraso for like 3 bucks. That's where I got mine from I bought 3 or 4 tubes (different colors ) for the price of 1 retail.....

Same, I have two 150g greens, a red and a blue that I bought for under $5 each. I use them occasionally but they're too big for carryon luggage.

Yeah, that's the thing. It seems that the 1.7oz size is unique to CO Bigelow. CO Bigelow Apothecary is a real place; a brick-and-mortar pharmacy/store in Greenwich Village NYC, and it has a very stylish web presence. You can order from the website, the problem is that you have to decide whether five bucks plus shipping is too much to pay for 48 grams of Proraso shaving cream. As I write this it's available on eBay for less money; probably closeouts from B&BW stores. Maybe not a bad idea to grab them that way if you like to travel with Proraso cream.

Same, I have two 150g greens, a red and a blue that I bought for under $5 each. I use them occasionally but they're too big for carryon luggage.
Yes they are to big for carry-on.. I have started using the new Cremo sticks that say TSA friendly on the front for traveling..

Last time (about 9 months ago) I was at a BB&BW they didn't have any C.O.B.

When I first started wet shaving it was the 1st cream I'd ever used. Did the 3 for $20 special.

Just picked up a tub of the Proraso green soap to compare it to the cream.

Man I love that menthol eucalyptus scent and the face cooling effect on my face it has.

Went to the mall today at opening time only to walk in and find that B&BW has limited hours and would not be open for another 2 hours. :blue: Will have to try again.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Kind of a bummer. I always hoped that B&BW would add the other Proraso colors or the aftershave. It did always amuse me that they sold it as a premium, luxury product...then put it on permanent BOGO sale.

Here in VA, I’ve started seeing Proraso Green at Wegmans. It’s great they have it, but it’s kind of expensive and limited to Green. The Italian Store in Arlington sometimes has Proraso products, though also expensive. TJ Max/Burlington/Marshall’s is very inconsistent, but is a great deal if they do have anything.

Top Bottom