What's new

Vote: How many razors do you own?

How many razors do you own?

• Total voters
Started with EJ DE89L and was asked by my wife why I bought it..
To save in the long term I reply..

I informed her I have no interest in other razors and absolutely no straight razors with strops and all..
That was last year June when I started...

Now...I have total of 29 razors...
11 vintage
14 modern
4 straights

My most expensive is the RR Game Changer.84-P SB. After acquiring that I am "convinced" I have enough razors....after all....I discovered while the GC.84 SB is very good but not perfect...

With the rotation...I am enjoying all the various varieties with no intention of getting anymore razors...so far....
Meantime, I like to read about Karve, Timeless and Lo Storto...just read...

I switched on wet shaving on 2016 and I have got during this time 13 razors but actually I'm using three of them (Lupo, Variant, EJ 316), anyhow with lupo (alluminium version) and astra green I can have daily shave without cuts as well as burnings so, maybe I found my definitive razors.
Frankly, I don't think it is my definitive razor because I don't want a definitive razor I want to try new shaving experiences in fact I have already ordered an ATT Calypso/ SB90 in pre-order in this regard, any anticipations about new ATT?

Hi,

The only Rhyme and Reason part is the Seven Day Set for use in Open Comb October OCtober):

Then, there are the Heirlooms. Note that the OldType from the OCtober set is also here. Was my Grandfather's (maternal). The other three were my Dad's. And, there are two Straights from my other Grandfather (paternal), which I do not use nor have a pic of:

Then my daily driver is a Fasan, of which I have two. I changed the handles, so these pics are of how I use them:

Finally, I have the ATT S2 which I got in January and used for a few months before going back to the Fasans. I think it will replace the Schick Type C1 Repeater in the Seven Day OCtober set. The Schick is my ground travel razor:

I also have a Mach 3 I use for air travel. No pic of that. It doesn't deserve one! :p

Stan

At this point I'm at 30-something. Mostly safety razors, 5 straights. All vintage. The majority of my safety razors are single-edge. Because I've bought a couple of bulk lots of razors I've got a few that I have or intend to give away. I've gotten many of the razors I was after up to this point, so I don't expect to have more than 40 at any point, unless I fall down another rabbit hole.

I would really prefer to pare it down to below 30 eventually. I can only use so many after all, and I'd rather not have razors that I don't use at least occasionally, even though I do collect them, since one of the things I like about collecting vintage razors is the functional aspect of it.

I have 4.
My first one is the cheap VDH. Then I picked up my dad's 4Q '76 Gillette (sent out
to have the doors replated).
Next is a Battle Brothers MKII that my daughter bought me for my 50th. It's put away while I wait on my birthday to try it.
And the last is a Maggard Razors MR5

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm glad that we can change our vote. In March I voted 2 to 5. Now my vote is up to 11 to 25 and soon to be 26 to 50. All are SR's except for two DE's.

No, I don't have an AD 😛.

Currently 4

MERKUR 34C
EDWIN JAGGER DE89
VIKINGS BLADE CHIEFTAIN
ROCKWELL 6C ➡️ My favourite

( Eying the Rockwell Model T now 😁)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I think I said that I had about 10 in the poll, but as I've read the thread I've realized I have many more than I thought. Here's what I think I have:
Modern:
Lord L6
Merkur 34C and 1904 CC and the maroon plastic (Bakelite?) razor
Fatip Gentile (gold)
Fatip Grande (gun metal)
Fatip Piccolo

Vintage
3 black handle Superspeeds
Regular flare tip, blue, and red tip Superspeeds
Korean War era black tip Superspeed
late 1940s Super Speed
A gold Gillette Presidential (I think that's what it is)
An early 1920s New Improved
pre-war Techs from the US and Canada
1 or 2 post war fat handle Techs
Two 1970s aluminium English Techs
Gillette Slim
Soviet commemorative knock off of the Slim made for the 1980 Olympics

The only ones I have used in the past 2-3 years are a black handled Super Speed and the Fatip Grande. Many of the others have sat unused for many years.

Top Bottom